Announcing: "Monkeys in Space: Escape to Banana Base Alpha" - Looking for playtesters

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by OTrain13, Sep 22, 2009.

1. OTrain13

OTrain13 Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2009
    Co-founder, Milkbag Games
    Canada
    Hi Everyone:

I'm extremely pleased announce my latest game: Monkeys in Space: Escape to Banana Base Alpha!

Countless monkeys float around helplessly in outer space every day! They need your help! Jump into the game to rescue these helpless monkeys.

The video is availabe in HD on YouTube, if you click through to the site.

Monkeys in Space: Escape to Banana Base Alpha will be available for iPhone and iPod touch in Fall, 2009.

Secondly, I'm in need of playtesters. The game is not yet at a beta stage, but I'm looking for some people to play the game and provide feedback on the game. This is much more exciting than beta testing! :) You're not just looking for crashes, you'll have a chance to tell me what you like and what you don't like about the game!

If you're interested in helping out, please PM me your email address. I'll be looking to send the first test build early-mid next week.

See you in the skies!
    Owen

2. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    can you explain a bit more on the premise for the gameplay...how are we rescuing the monkeys?

3. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Yes, i need to know more about the game before i volunteer.

4. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    I haven't talked publicly about how the game is going to be played yet. However, I think you could classify it in the "line drawing" genre of games. However, the actual line drawing is a little different than in other drawing games. That's about all I'm willing to say right now. :)

Owen

5. Intruder_qcc

Intruder_qcc Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Senior Analyst-programmer
    St-Hubert (Quebec), Canada
    I hope no monkey no monkey is going to be hurt in your game if not you might get PETA after you ahahaha :D:p.

But seriously the teaser is really great, it give us just enough to open our appetite and make us want to know more ;-). Its quite intriguing to see how it will turn out. I had some ideas since Ive been watching all your video blog and the early prototype build. And now it make senses what you were saying last time that you change the theme of the game as you have something more enjoyable and now I can see what it is... SPACE MONKEYS :D.

6. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks for the response to the play tester request so far, everyone! I love seeing the player community so excited to help make our games even better! :)

I still have room for a few more testers if anyone's interested. I'll be sending out the first build sometime next week, so PM me before Monday if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Owen

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I'd love in, info PMed.

8. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
  9. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    PM'd, sold me with line drawing

10. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Same, pm'd, line drawing is my favourite genre. cant wait for the build! Im testing so many games atm and gotta fit school around it! But anyway, i cant wait for this and will give feedback where possible :) am i in?

11. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    I've got room for one more tester for now!

I may need further testers when I get to Beta, but we'll have to see how things go.

Owen

12. AlvinDj

AlvinDj Well-Known Member

13. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
    Thanks to everyone who volunteered! I have enough play testers for now. If I need more testers in the future, I'll be sure to post on the forum.

Keep an eye out in the future for screenshots posted of the game once they're ready!

Owen

14. OTrain13

Jan 28, 2009
    Canada
  15. Fudgeboy

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    i got the build, but it says that it was not installed because of an unknown error? btw, you might want to set up a forum for the game, might help to coordinate bugs and comments :). i wpuld appreciate it if you could get back to me as soon as poss, im really wanna play the game :D.