iPad iMAME (iOS iMAME4ALL in App Store) by Jim VanDeventer

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by AnarKitty, Dec 21, 2011.

1. RCastle

RCastle Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I haven't tried that yet as I have no new roms to add...

But if you have those Rom's (legal, of course) can't you just add everything you want before updating?

iMame is not going to be updated so the working Rom list won't change...

2. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #1042 Gwarmaxx, Sep 20, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
    sure, but if i want to add more after the iOS update? ;)

3. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    there's someone else here that has updated iOS without having done a full restore, and has checked iMAME functionalities with iExplorer and added games? :)

thanks in advance!

4. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    I'm on an iPhone 5 and used iPhone Explorer with no problem. Had to delete my iMame configs this morning and all is good :)

One thing though, I'd LOVE if it were possible to update this for a proper fullscreen on the new 4 inch display. Anyone know if this can be done by editing a plist or something? I doubt its that simple, but hey...

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Thanks so much! Might now get an iPod touch 5th gen

6. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    thanks a lot pal!

7. RotaryP7

RotaryP7 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Haven't posted here in awhile. I updated to iOS 6 and iMAME works perfectly. Too bad I couldn't add those playchoice games. :(

8. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Some day I'm going to have to overcome my fear of hooking up my devices to itunes so I can install iMame.

Shame I lost DosBox. Hell, I have a 3GS 32 GB, I should just jailbreak that sucker. But I'm afraid of getting a virus on my computer :(

9. RotaryP7

RotaryP7 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2011
    Miami, FL
    Why a fear? Confused. And JB and viruses don't go together. The only reason I didn't JB is because I have before and didn't like the little bugs that came with the JB.

10. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Whats the crazy fear ?

I downloaded iMame last year when it hit the app store for a few days in December. Its on my iphone, ipod and ipad. When i got my new ipad the other month i was 'nervous' in case it wouldnt install but it did.

Hook it up ! If you lose your device or it breaks you wont have iMame backed up on itunes will you ? You wont be able to download it again so hook up and sync !

11. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    if you remeber or get the purchase/last downloaded version date from your desktop itunes, you can search every purchased app inside the appstore on your device just scroling by date, even if they were banned, guess 'cause it's yours and you've paid for it... but is impossible to seek it by name :confused:
    sometimes don't undertand the Apple guys :eek:

12. x999x

x999x Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Works on iPad mini

For those wondering, if you've still got the original iMame from the App Store tucked away in iTunes, it works like a charm on the iPad Mini ;)

13. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Yes it does, thanks for the tip! Even portrait mode is great since the size makes if feel like a large Game boy or something. I was about to delete it due to the space it took, but it's just so much better with this size of the Mini.

14. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Has anyone managed to get RoboCop working on iMame (the now banned App Store version, not the Cydia one)?

I've tried all variants, including the bootleg, and I always get the error that some files are missing. :(

15. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I have it working. PM me with your mail ;)

16. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    same here, it works well... PM me your mail

17. raskinny

raskinny Active Member

May 11, 2009
    Did anyone get SUPER MARIO BROS to work yet ?

18. Gregz0r

Gregz0r Well-Known Member

So, does the latest Cydia version run games that the App Store version can't?

19. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    One year ago this fantastic App reached the appstore for a short time. Thanks for this great gift to all retro fans.
    Now we can buy great games like Raiden, Metal slug, Blazing Star ... official at the app store. I bought all of them. I want to support the devs, who bring us the good old times back again.
    If Nintendo would give us a mario collection, they could simply earn millions.

20. Para chute

Para chute New Member

Dec 27, 2012
    #1060 Para chute, Dec 27, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2012
    Mame for iPad

Hi, how can i get mame for my iPad without jailbreak it? I could not download when it was available in apple store. Thanks.