Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    *Ahem* (Not in any particular order, just off the top of my head)
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
    Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater 3D
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Mutant Mudds
    Dillon's Rolling Western
    Cave Story 3D
    Dead or Alive Dimensions
    Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy
    Bit Trip Saga
    Tales of the Abyss
    Tetris Axis
    Rayman Origins
    Myst 3D
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 3D
    and more.
    Nintendo definitely isn't struggling when it comes to 3rd party developers.

2. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Yea, that's what I originally thought too. But lately I keep seeing all of these idiots on the gaming websites claiming that Nintendo has few good third party games. I guess there are quite a few, but I'm kinda mixed about how I feel. I don't really pay attention to console gaming (I'm a PC :)), so I don't really have a good comparison to the Xbox or PS3. The most notable ones I've seen are

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater 3D
    Bit Trip Saga
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy
    Cave Story 3D
    Tales of the Abyss
    Resident Evil Revelations
    Dead or Alive Dimensions
    Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition

And maybe a few others. I find a lot of the 3DS games are either ports of games in 3D, or enhanced versions. There are a number of solid original titles, but I feel like there still a whole lot of room for improvement.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #963 backtothis, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
    Sold LEGO Pirates, Dead or Alive, and Starfox 64 today. Can't say I really enjoyed any of them. Grabbing Kid Icarus when I get a chance. Picked up 3 games for the 360 instead today.

I traded in my 15-month old 8GB 6th gen. iPod Nano today as well. I paid $115 for it brand new. Turns out, it's worth more than a 3DS now. I got $80 for it. Got the 3DS last May for $250. It's worth $70 now with the Ambassador games.

4. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    I've really liked Kid Icarus. I really haven't enjoyed a DS or 3DS game in a long time, so it's a nice treat.

5. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    At a game store right? They don't count the games towards the price because they wipe the system removing everything on it. You'd get a lot more money selling on eBay or Craigslist, etc. They've been selling for (on average) $132-$140 on eBay- most of them aren't ambassador systems though.

6. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    That makes sense. A lot of people don't want to deal with eBay and PayPal though, including me.

In any case, I don't think I'll be selling it. Eventually, there'll probably be quite a few awesome games for the system. Meanwhile, I still need to get a move on with my current games.

Getting this for my gf today for our 3-year anniversary next week: http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-flame-red-with-super-mario-3d-land/97727

More reason to keep mine I guess.

7. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I just hit the 600 hour mark. I'm proud of my 3DS, and I don't seem to be getting tired of it at all. For some reason, the Vita I got tired of already :(

Also for some reason, despite being really excited for it and thinking it was the Sin & Punishment of the 3DS, I am already sick of Kid Icarus: Uprising, despite only putting in 14 hours. :( I hope eventually I will start enjoying it again, but at the moment I am pretty tired of it.

That could also be because I played so much StarFox, though. I'm not sure.

Recently I've been playing Revelaitons [sic] a lot, and Raid Mode has been home to that rebirth of gameplay :D

Pilotwings Resort has also been getting some more game time from me lately. I stopped playing cold-turkey a while ago, when I got 100% Free Mode stuff, but now I am remembering why I loved the game so much :)

Aaaaaaaaaand finally, I saw my Nintendog, Ammy, again, after a nearly one-year hiatus, and she was happy to see me. Not kicking dirt in my face like Nintendogs used to do. I felt bad though... she was so dirty :(

8. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I'm kind of regretting selling Starfox now. Not sure why I sold a first-party title. Will grab a new copy of it once it goes on sale. Not sure when that'll be though since none of the first-party titles have done so yet. Getting Kid Icarus tomorrow. Will post back after I've tried it. Debating whether to get my gf MK7 or SML with the red 3DS, lol..

9. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    #969 Fireball926, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    you should get her MK7 so you guys can do multiplayer. If you still haven't bought it go to target I'm pretty sure they have the 3DS for $145 then you can pick up the game separate for a total of $185. If you want to spend a little extra pick her up a 20 dollar gift card to gamestop to help her next purchase or pick her up kid icarus at best buy for only $30 and have a grand total of $215

10. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I was thinking about getting her MK7 for the same reason. I asked her last night which game she liked playing better on my 3DS between the two, and she said SM3DL -__-. I'll probably just end up getting her the package with the 3DS and the game. I just think it's silly how my brother, her, and me will now have three copies of the same game between us. I don't know if she'd be interested in Kid Icarus. Getting it for myself today though when I go grab her present in an hour.

11. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The controls in KI:U are so damn precise. It definitely hurts my hand after a while though. Loving it so far. Can't wait to try out the multiplayer. Like it a lot more than Starfox 64. Giving my gf her present before I head back to Austin in a few hours!

12. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Yea, The multiplayer is great. really fast paced and you get pretty good rewards too. Maybe sometime we could play a match?

13. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Spent last few hours today beating Kid Icarus. Great game, even though the controls got frustrating as hell at times, it was still an amazing experience. I really hope Nintendo continues this franchise further cause it has a ton of potential. Now it's time to beat MGS Snake Eater 3D and to move on to Tales of the Abyss and Pushmo :D

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #974 backtothis, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    Finally went back to play some more SM3DL last night. On World 6 after another 30 minutes just now. Still the best platformer series I've played. Don't think it's the best one of the series anymore though. Levels are too simplified and short. It's probably still the best 3DS game too. Kid Icarus and MK7 are pretty close. Haven't spent any time with OoT yet. Going to try to finish the 8 normal worlds by Friday.

15. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    http://www.nintendogal.com/2012/04/06/disney-announces-epic-mickey-power-of-illusion/

Anyone who's ever played Castle of Illusion for Genesis will be clamoring for the sequel, Power of Illusion. I read the interview in Nintendo Power Magazine, and the producer was so in love with the original Castle of Illusion for the Genesis that he played and beat it over and over again as a kid, and even referenced it every time he produced a game.

Can't wait for this one to come out! The screenshots are looking spectacular!

16. Gary_Busey

Gary_Busey New Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Anyone else excited for the new Paper Mario?

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Impossibly excited. :) The first two in the series are two of my favorite games of all time. I'm either going to be borrowing my kids' 3DS to play it, or getting my own 3DS. It might have to be the latter.

18. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I can't wait for Paper Mario! Hope they have a demo at E3 this year, and I haven't seen an official release date posted yet!

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just tried download play with Mario Kart 7 with 3 people for over an hour. Such good fun. Trailer for Mario Tennis Open looks freaking awesome.

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Can't wait till' the upcoming update that adds folder to the 3DS, not sure if I want NSMB 2, probably not.