Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    Don't know if this was mentioned before, but I think I figured out the reason why turn notifications don't always work (at least one reason). Before I got my ipad, I used to get them nearly every time, but now that I have an ipad and play the game on both devices, the notices only come on one of the devices - generally the one on which I most recently played. They really should go to all devices.

2. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Just beaten by Camzy by 60+ points, that is a new low...

3. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Is there any way to tell your opponents' total score while the game is going on?

4. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Count yourself. The game is already easier than the board game because you can dig through your own discard pile.

5. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    You can count your own score, but you can only count your opp's score if you remember or write down every card he purchased/defeated, since the log doesn't show every turn.

6. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    how interesting .I usually manage to get those 7/8 cards. Huge factor is luck of course. I usually aim for the mystics since those are the most useful IMO. It lets you get bigger cards to get more power for middle/late game and also gives you a solid construct pool.

Anywho, just wanted to say "sorry" to everyone. I just recently got a Vita and it has really taken away from iOS gaming. I already dropped a bunch of games. but i'll try harder to be more consistent with this one since i love it and the community so much. :)

7. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    oh and camzy every game we've played has been exceptional. Especially that last one :rolleyes: But really, great games...it's interesting to see how you play and how that works out for you later on, i hope i provide some positive feedback as well. \m/

8. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    #1968 Camzy, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    Yeah it's a lot of fun playing you. You have some really smart plays and I think I'm about even against you, you may even have the upper hand.

Edit: Also set a new personal multiplayer record. 166 points. I had 12 constructs :p

9. Camzy

Camzy Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Just won three 4 player games in a row with kitkeat, celeric and emos.

I find playing 4 player games not all too different from playing 2 player. Same concept, build a solid deck that works well together. There are a few key things though which differ.

1. Don't lead in honor. The Sordid Asp is painful and you have three more opponents to take advantage of killing it.

2. Banishing is slightly less important because you typically get fewer turns. Maximize gains from constructs and +1, draw type cards.

3. Don't buy more infantry than you would otherwise because the honor pool is bigger. celeric did this a lot and it didn't help him very much.

10. Brimah

Brimah Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    In 4 player games, find draw cards to be the best. I still go for quite a few constructs, but there are 3 other people that may make me discard them. Completely agree about the honor pool, given I generally try not to focus on honor as I feel I do better at focusing on getting better cards. Only time that really fails me are shorter games when the other person focuses on getting honor and ending the game in fewer turns

Just my experience, feel I do better in 4 player games, sadly they always seem to take a week or more to finish as 1 or 2 players always seem to drop out waiting for the 3 day time limit set. (what I always make my time limit for them)

Also, play Camzy quite a bit, feel free to invite me to games as well! Playing Camzy over and over made me learn quite a bit and feel I do decently well.

11. soldat7

soldat7 Well-Known Member

Jul 12, 2011
    Any word on a Retina update for iPad? This game needs it badly.

12. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    You guys are getting better and better -- now most of you can cast 6 or even 8 runs before round 8 now, some time even at turn 5 or so. Need to catch up.

Any word on the update (bug fixes and feature requests, not RD)

13. Movementcat

Movementcat Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Got Info on Boardgamegeek the Expansion need 3-4 Weeks. :)

14. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    #1974 Appletini, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
    Well, likely 3-5, but yeah, it should be arriving very soon now, and I could probably accurately name a list of TA members who will be buying it day one. ;)

15. kitkeat

kitkeat Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2011
    woah...

Hey, I have a vita as well, but didn't take too much of my time. I've only played Lumines extensively, aside from that maybe some super stardust.. hit me up in PM and let's be friends in PSN too :)

huh?? new expansion coming?? TAKE MY MONEY!!!

16. aoisora

aoisora Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    Definetely im gonna buy the expansion in day one

17. tecwrtr

tecwrtr Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2010
    Senior Technical Writer
    Richmond, VA
    What? No, I'm sure I can hold out 'till Day 2.

I'm not kidding anyone, am I? ;)

18. aaronius80

aaronius80 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    Legal/Enforcement
    Asia
    Haha I also recently bought a Vita too! It has taken away 60% of my portable gaming time during my public transport time to and fro work. I am playing a bunch of games on it, Super Stardust, Lumines, Uncharted Golden Abyss and Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3.

The only games I still consistently play on my iPhone is Ascension and now also Nightfall.

When is the new expansion for Ascension coming out? TAKE my money 1st day!

19. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Heh someone needs to post that Fry 'take my money!' gif, pretty much sums up my feelings :D

20. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork