Test TESLA OVERDRIVE and win iTunes Gift Cards

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Aztlan.Games, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Aztlan.Games

Aztlan.Games Well-Known Member

#1 Aztlan.Games, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
    REGISTRATION IS CLOSED! THANKS EVERYONE!

Happy new year everyone!

We would like to invite you for beta-testing our upcoming indie-game Tesla Overdrive. This is also a chance for you to win iTunes Gift Cards! Details are here: http://www.aztlangames.com/teslaoverdrive/

Cheers!

REGISTRATION IS CLOSED! THANKS EVERYONE!

2. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Email sent. Hope I'm chosen!

3. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Sent by Alex Ling. :)

4. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    Email Sent.

5. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    Email Sent

6. Aztlan.Games

The first applications are in! You guys are great! :D

Keep em coming :cool:

7. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    #7 Trev1, Jan 2, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
    Email sent as Trevor Lee....this would be a honor and a treat! loved Verme on Mars and would love to bring in the new year testing with you guys! btw great to see Alex(Saiyukialex) and Animex on here! hopefully we all get to test together!

This looks like a cool rendition of a fast paced asteroids and warp speed galaxian ...very interested! is it tilt only?

8. Doom

Doom Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2011
    Working for the man
    Northeastern California
    Fired you an email sir :) would love to join these awesome testers :)

9. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    I was tester on Vermes on Mars too,so couldn't let this one out.Applied ;)

10. Aztlan.Games

#10 Aztlan.Games, Jan 3, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
    I am very flattered by all you applications! Especially by those testers which also assisted with Vermes on Mars! This is awesome!

I will leave registration open for a couple of more days and then get started. So please be patient if you will not hear from me right now :cool:

11. Aztlan.Games

Registration will end Friday night (tomorrow)! :)

12. Aztlan.Games

Today is your last chance for signing up :cool:

13. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Sent an email. Hope I got in on time.

14. Aztlan.Games

Thanks a lot for all these registrations! I will contact you soon with details! Please be patient until then :cool:

15. AP9TV1

AP9TV1 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2010
    YouTube
    Dang. Didn't get to apply :(

16. Aztlan.Games

I have contacted all accepted testers! Great!

17. Aztlan.Games

The beta-test has started! All beta-testers should have access to the first version right now.

18. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    First impressions

OK so basically this is what I gathered so far!

1. Playin the game on both my iPhone4 and ipad2 and looks great on both.. very thankful for letting me test both devices with testflight.
    2.Gameplay is solid and fun... I feel it's a bit hard at times and will make you pissed in a great way!
    3.Hoping to see a possible different control scheme in a update...maybe a left side virtual stick which isn't fixed or even realitive touch.
    4.I only have two weapon upgrades so far and feel that the turning and bullet output speed is a bit slow..not sure if this changes when the weapons and ship are upgraded fuller..but I feel at the least maybe a turn sensitivity option would help with taking out enemies more faster and easier..
    5.I feel that the 1000 coin continue price is a bit steep maybe 600-800 coins would be fitting?
    6.Love the power ups so far and you have a perfect amount for us to grab which is important with such a fast gameplay.
    7. In the end this is a extremely fun vertical space runner/shooter with much room for possibilities for me to advance on since I'm only in the first run... Haven't continued yet cause I want to save for a ship to see the difference in gameplay whether slight or not.
    8.Love the emotive and pulsing Techno soundtrack and hoping that more tracks are in store for us Tech-Heads in the latter levels!
    9.I think the consecutive day bonus is a great idea ...with IAP be turned on for beta? Also in the email you touched on the business aspect and the fact you are choosing to go freemium ...I think it's a great idea if most of us are avid AppStore costumers then 2-5 bucks spent on this great game is no issue..
    10. Dodging and shooting are the main actions in the game so far ... Can I count on seeing a boss or larger ship to fight as I progress? If not I think it would make a already great game even better!

So far no bugs or crashes..I will reporting as soon as I find one... Once again thanks for this opportunity !

19. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    It took me a little bit to get comfortable with the controls but once I did I started having a ton of fun! I have had some bugs and crashes though!
    One bug like others have reported is one of the quests will not complete even though I passed the required distance.
    Another has been randomly when I hit the home button or lock my device right after I die it will lock up and I have to close it from the multitask bar then reopen. A couple times it has crashed right after I try to start it up again.
    Another one I haven't figure out what is causing it maybe me holding my iphone at an angle on start up but it will constantly go to the right.
    Overall the game is a lot of fun can't wait to play it more!

20. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Took me quite a while to get used to the controls too. The tilt movement and shooting are very stiff and slow which make some tight turns and maneuvers nearly impossible. A sensitivity slider would greatly improve this as I like my tilt movement very loose and requiring very little actual tilting.

The other thing is I would love an option for a fixed joystick. For some reason I have so much trouble with free floating joysticks where my finger just ends up sliding upwards covering half of the screen after a minute or two of playing. I know it shouldn't be that way but it's a problem I have, not the devs haha. Just having the option of a fixed joystick would help that a ton.

Otherwise I'm having a lot of fun :)