20 dollars to spend on iPad Apps/Games - essentials?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Apr 30, 2011.

1. KiddToKmart

KiddToKmart Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2011
    What should I get? I know I missed the Easter sale, but oh well.

20 dollars, just got a new iPad. What absolute essentials exist out there for this beauty?

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    No need for this thread. Read the "What To Get Thread"

3. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Sword and sworcery ep
    An interesting - if at times confusing - adventure game with great pixel art and music. A totally awesome experience (use headphones)

Plants vs zombies hd
    A great tower defense game it is as popular as it is for a reason, and it looks and plays really well on the ipads big screen

Mirrors edge hd
    Its got great graphics and really intuitive controls, and feels great when you play it if youre going fast.

World of goo hd
    Great puzzle game, lots of fun and quite a few levels, nice art, humourous theme

Asphalt 6 hd
    Great arcade racer with pristine graphics, lots of cars and lots of events, its got multiplayer as well but i havent tried it

Reckless racing hd
    another racer, its top down with loads of different customisable control options and great graphics. Its really fun but has a limited number of tracks.

Unpleasant horse
    Its free just download it and find out for yourself why its so good.

Flight control hd
    Its a good casual game but probably not worth the current price wait for a sale

Not sure how many of those $20 will get you but theyre all great games.

I got most of these on sale for one or two dollars, so im recommending them at that price. Im sure theyre still worth the higher price but i recommend you wait for a sale.

If you have a dollar left afterwards get Attack of the mutant sheeps (Msheep hd) its a really simple game but gets crazy hectic and really intense. I always get a real sense of achievement whenever i get. New highscore

4. b00mers

b00mers Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    whiterun
    tilt to live hd - The best game in the app store imo
    labyrinth 2 - a great ball rolling game
    infinity blade
    galaxy on fire
    and if i read it right theres a chance dreamscape will be 1st ipad compatible (if you have the 2 its even better) so save a pound or dollar or whatever for that

5. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    DeadSpace console quality is a must buy. Deadspace is the evolution of iphone gaming , excellent graphics, excellent story, and fun gameplay. Polish to the max and shines bright .

6. STYJ

STYJ Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Student
    Singapore
    Galaxy on Fire 2 , Tilt to live HD , World of Goo HD and Sword and Sworcery EP .