Wanna make a movie?

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by davidovich, Jun 9, 2009.

1. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    #1 davidovich, Jun 9, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
    Bay Area Documentarian with BA in Film / Video Production from Brooks Institute of Film and Photography would love to work with anyone interested in documenting a project from start to finish. I have a few ideas floating around my head, and would love to talk shop. I have my own 24P camera, steadicam and editing equipment. Thanks!:D

2. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I have a Fig Rig. :D Well, actually I don't. :( But I have built one in the past. :)

3. davidovich

Sep 26, 2008
    I love the fig rig. I was never successful in building one myself, but I've used them with great success. I'll let you know if and when I have any takers. :)

4. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Damn.

Bay Area huh?

Too bad.

NYC over here.

Well, good luck with the doc.

5. davidovich

Sep 26, 2008
    Damn. Well, maybe our paths will cross sometime. Thanks spiffyone! :)

6. McGill

McGill Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Florida
    Why don't you do an all corners of the US doc., and use yourself, NYC & me in FL...;)

7. davidovich

Sep 26, 2008
    #7 davidovich, Jun 17, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
    I'm down for a project like that - Right now, I'm coming off disability for a serious health problem I had starting last year. I'm all better now, but I haven't been able to save enough money for a "road trip/documentary." I've got the equipment, and the motivation, but it would take a little time to pull something like that off. Thankfully, I don't have any kids or wife or anything, so, I'm pretty mobile and free. Thanks for the suggestions though, and if you think you're really serious about putting something together, let me know - PM me. We can, like you mentioned, pull something off from a nationwide perspective on iPhone gaming, or any topic for that matter. Perhaps, we could shoot in our respective areas and combine the footage into a short, or several short pieces. Maybe Arn and Blake may let us post something here to promote this site too. I like to think that anything is possible these days. With the economy the way it is, and the state of affairs around the world, it seems that now is the time to take some serious calculated risks and see what happens. It doesn't take a whole lot of money to put something together, but it does take a lot of planning and a serious meeting of the minds. Anyways, I really appreciate anyone who has even read this post. I was hoping to get one response - but four or five? That's remarkable. Thanks again guys!:D

8. TouchGene

TouchGene Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Hey,

Where in the bay are you? I'm a film major in Mountain View (near San Jose), with a few buddies in the area that are also filmmakers. PM me, lets talk.

-Gene

9. Tavoss

Tavoss Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Hey, I'm a FL filmmaker as well, also with a BA in Film/Video Production. I have a Sony PMW-EX1. Would love to collaborate.

vimeo.com/sterlingaspect