'SUPERMAGICAL', by Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Kikekun, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kikekun

Kikekun Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    #1 Kikekun, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

Wow, it's good to be back!
    After 14 months of hard work, we are ready to introduce 'Supermagical' to the world, the new game from gPotato and Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team, makers of Pro Zombie Soccer. We also have worked on others games such as Plants VS Zombies and Worms, just to let you know we know our craft really well.

On this thread you will find exclusive videos, exclusive screenshots, exclusive concept art, exclusive music and pretty much a lot of exclusive attention from our team members just to make the wait until release a bit more fun.

Now, onto the game again, 'Supermagical' is puzzle/arcade/adventure with an RPG touch where our main character, Nina the witch, has to face the invasion of the magic-devouring Minix, brought to her dimension by none other than her evil sisters.
    In 'Supermagical' you´ll have to travel 3 huge continents full of secrets, adventure and a whole lot of fun.

Some facts and features of SUPERMAGICAL:

- Free to enjoy! That means we will not treat our users as milking cows at all, which we hate. 'Supermagical' can be enjoyed from start to finish completely for free. No small print here! Oh, and no ads either!
    - Universal app.
    - Between 15 and 20 hours of gameplay on the Story Mode. 3 huge continents to explore.
    - Cooperative Multiplayer mode from day one. Play with your friends against the Minix hordes!
    - Lots of cool items and warlocks to equip, buy and use.
    - Dialog battles against your evil sisters.
    - Fun minigames to try your luck on the way.
    - Release: Coming soon.
    - And much more!

But first things first, here you have the first look at the game!

And some screenshots too. Taken from the iPad version, just as the video:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot for watching! :)

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #2 Echoseven, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    Well damn. I'm in.

The art alone looks like it's worth a purchase to me and the gameplay... While not one I'm particularly fond of, it certainly looks very appealing.

Important stuff!

When?
    How much?
    IAP? (the presence of this does not turn me off in the slightest, just the extent to which it cripples games)

(btw, I totally love the developer name!)

Edit:
    Just realized how many of my questions have been answered in the end of the video... Apologies, it's late. >_<

New question:
    How is the IAP balanced?

Re-watching the video for a third time, I can't say I like the character's bouncing... She does it exactly the same on every screen she's in.

3. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    I can say now there won't be premium items. There will be of course some expensive stuff, but nothing you cannot buy with some coin grabbing during the game.
    The IAP system will be very similar to those on Infinity Blade or Jetpack Joyride...you will be able to buy some in-game currency with real money to buy the game's items. But that's it. No blockers, no premium-only items, no ads.
    I say it again because is very important for us that you guys can enjoy the game from start to finish (20 hours of the Story Mode + Coop Multiplayer Mode) without paying a dime.

4. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Okay, that's impressive! Fantastic-looking artwork, looks solid and polished, and the game doesn't require IAP to play? Sold. :)

5. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    While that's very (very) great to hear and you guys certainly seem to know what you're doing, I've heard the promise of "you won't need to pay anything to progress" before.

Not that long ago a developer promised the same thing, but in order to unlock game elements through normal gameplay it would take a very, very long time. No offense implied, but please don't do the same. Apart from that, you may well be seeing a "just because" purchase from me. Every little bit helps, right?

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    wow. Artwork looks very nice and the gameplay seems better than the usual bubble shooter :)

7. Johelious

Johelious Member

Oct 16, 2009
    Hi everyone!

Thanks everyone for all the comments!
    Echoseven: the whole "free to play" is pretty hard to make it happy for everyone. As players ourselves, besides developers, we tried our best to give for free the best possible experience, and we believe we have reached a really nice combination. As Kikekun said, you won't feel like a milked cow. Promised.

LOLavi: it is much, much, much more than a bubble shooter. I bet my right hand, one ear (you choose which one) and my left thumb.

8. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    Free with no ads, stellar visuals and what looks to be fun gameplay. I'm on board!

9. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    We'll post some of the game's music in a few days, so you'll hear how awesome the OST is :)

10. playerout

playerout Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Italy
    Wow that's so cute!! I love the cartoon graphic and the little witch is so adorable!!
    Bubble shooting with rpg flavour? Equipments and a wacky evil sister?
    You have my vote :) (actually you already had me at "bubble shooting" hahah)

Can't wait to hear the soundtrack...I'm a music freak!!

11. Triggly_Glix

Triggly_Glix New Member

Apr 29, 2012
    artwork looks LUSH :D :D

12. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    #12 Kikekun, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2012
  13. playerout

playerout Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Italy
    This is really something!!! I loved it! Bells for magical and fairy elements..orchestral and opera for medieval..
    It's almost a soundtrack for an epic rpg game! Thumbs up!

14. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    Yep, the original soundtrack ranges from happy-feeling, catchy tunes to the most epic ones. Glad you like it.

More to come!

15. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
  16. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Excited for this, it's a great twist to the bubble-pop genre. Looks really imaginative and colorful. How's the frame rate on big combos?

17. wok

wok Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Supermagical looks really fantastic, can't wait!

However, I'm curious if you guys mind offering some insight into why you chose to a freemium model? Are you betting on a small percent of a larger install generating a steady stream of revenue?

I just hope you guys get paid appropriately for what looks like amazing work! And I always wonder if great freemium games reinforce the unfortunate "I deserve free games" mindset that seems to crop up in some people.

18. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    I think it's just the evolution of the "gaming" platform. Freemium is dominating the top revenue stats right now and as a business your first job is to offer what people want - and it looks like people are speaking with their wallets. Stats aside, if you think about the rampant piracy of premium titles and the infrastructure costs involved with any sort of server-side support for a premium-only game (where users pay once and then could drain a lot of that profit by way of server resources), it makes sense.

Oh, and it lets you get out great download statistics to pitch to investors and hype up your next game, as well. Good for the install base, cross-promotions, etc.

19. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist
    @Wok: Yeah, Nullroar answered perfectly to your questions. Also, it's pretty tough to find high quality, polished freemium titles out there, so that's where we fit in with our game. We'll be alright as long as the downloads are there because there is always a small percentage of people who will use IAP anyways, specially if you are having a blast. That's why we used the term "free to enjoy"...Nobody is putting IAP barriers, ads or game-breaker levels just to try and milk a dollar or two. You can finish our game from start to finish without giving us a dime. Full stop.

@Nullroar: Frame rate on big combos is fine, no worries. It can go to 35 for half a second when the huge combos occur, but it goes back to the usual 60 on the original iPad almost instantly.

20. Kikekun

Sep 17, 2009
    Artist