Luxor Evolved HD (Full) -Universal- By MumboJumbo ($4.99--> $2.99)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, May 3, 2012.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
    PC Version:

Luxor Evolved HD (Full)

Accelerate Games
    Luxor marble-shooting in true 80's arcade style. This retro-styled arcade shooter, is a faster, more intense LUXOR, unl…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Luxor marble-shooting in true 80's arcade style. This retro-styled arcade shooter, is a faster, more intense LUXOR, unlike any you’ve seen before. Completely revamped, harkening back to arcade classics, LUXOR Evolved has faster chains, more awesome power-ups, and a more stealthy the shooter. Packed with more bonuses and a quickened pace, the number one marble shooter game offers up excitement, secret levels, and power ups to keep the surprises coming and your shooter firing. KEY FEATURES: 60+ levels of all-new fast and furious LUXOR Retro, arcade-style art and level design 20 power-ups 3 super power-ups that upgrade your Shooter PLUS! Bonus levels to defeat …………………………………………………………………………………… Visit us on the App Store at http://itunes.apple.com/us/artist/mumbojumbo/id312416866 to find more amazing casual games from MumboJumbo! …………………………………………………………………………………… Other Luxor Games from MumboJumbo: Luxor HD Luxor: Amun Rising HD Luxor 2 HD
    Information
    Seller:Accelerate Games
    Genre:Action, Arcade
    Release:May 01, 2012
    Updated:Jan 30, 2018
    Version:1.2.4
    Size:52.1 MB
    User Rating: (6)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    :D!!!

Glad I waited a bit! :D

Screw Waking Mars, BUYING THIS NAOOOOOOO :D

3. sladeums

sladeums Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Omaha, NE
    Should be free by the weekend at this rate !

Price history:
    May 01 $6.99
    May 02 $4.99
    May 03 $2.99

4. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Actually, MumboJumbo is running sales on many of their games. I have pretty much loved every one I have ever played and I picked up 3 recent releases, but not the new Luxor.

To the poster who said screw Waking Mars, you will be missing something very special.

5. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    I was going to get it cuz of the discount... But I'd much prefer this.... Besides, I still haven't found something on Waking Mars that appeals to me...

6. Gunlock

Gunlock Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2010
    I don't know... I have every single Luxor from MumboJumbo and always loved the series, but the formula gets kinda old to me. This one looks like another Luxor with neon graphics. I would like to see some kind of a breath of fresh air in the series - new ideas, 3D maybe, fluids, gravity or time shifting, playing with physics, things like that. From the trailer it's a bit 'been there, done that' to me. Am I missing something?

7. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    That's a price point I can pull the trigger on, for this title. :)

8. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    What's always most insulting about these 2nd/3rd day price drops is the "we're doing it to celebrate launch!" claims. Just admit the game's not selling, or just keep quiet, seriously.

9. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    This

10. Snake Eater

Snake Eater Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    Sounds like you got burned

11. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Gabrien is an early adopter, buys new games, and many people like to read his comments. He sure could've got burned - I did not like the graphics, otherwise would have bought day 1, and I'd be pissed too. No need to gloat. :cool:

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    QFT...seriously.

13. DelBoy2181

DelBoy2181 Well-Known Member

Mar 14, 2011
    London, England
    Lol, within the space of 48hrs (or less) they've dropped the price again - to £0.69/$0.99. Talk about a slap in the face for early adopters.

14. Drexiel

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    99 cents now? ._. dammit.... if it wasn't such an awesome game and one that I found worth the 2.99 I paid 2 days ago, I would be pissed right now

15. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    It's definitely the worst case of this sort of practice I can recall. 6.99 to 0.99 in the space of three or four days. What makes it particularly egregious, is that the drop was gradual: 6.99 to 4.99 to 2.99 to 0.99, which demonstrates a conscious intent to hook people at each step. It's puzzlingly short-sighted; almost smacks of the actions of a company with nothing to lose. I certainly won't be buying anything from them again at release, and will be extremely wary of purchasing anything they release period.

16. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I usually check the price track of other games released by certain developers.
    As with MumboJumbo, it will positively reach 99c in a short period but rarely goes free. I never thought it will be gradually like this case, but I'm buying it now.
    I know it's horrible, but at least it's still payable. Those who wants it must pay for it. I hate it the most when you buy it then it goes free too soon.

17. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#17 Habakuk, May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012
    Yes. Agreed. It's an old iOS App Store rule: Never buy on launch with the (rare) exception when dev says it's a dedicated launch sale.

So do I.

I checked five or six apps of this dev @ appshopper.com and no one ever went free. So I bought Luxor Evolved for €.79 and the only thing I can say after some minutes is: WOW! Recommended! (iPad 3.)

Happened to me as well several times despite my careful considerations as described above. Altogether I would say it keeps some kind of a balance.

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You have GOT to be kidding me. $0.99 now? Ehhh... what the Hell... might as well complete the collection, right?

19. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Wow! Can't believe I just grabbed this for a buck! I was gonna download it the other day for full price but didn't have time. Incredible value!

20. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yeah, me too, thanks for the heads-up!
    Just a buck is incredible. Don't wanna know how the early adopters feel now. MJ gave them a punch right in the face. Tho MJ announced a big sale. I guess that patience payed this time.
    I's said once I'll never support MJ, bit with this deal, I think I've robbed them... ;)