Have you guys spent over a year to play one specific game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Kira Yu, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Kira Yu

Kira Yu Well-Known Member

Do you guys have spent more than a year to play one specific game?
    As for me, I haven't met such an addicted game yet? But I wonder whether you guys have got one or some of those kinda games.

2. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Due to the huge variety of iOS games theres 100's of games i keep on my device and play months or a year later. I like to dip in and out of lots of games so i keep many on my device.

I mean many arcade games you dont 'complete' you just go for the high-score so i tend to play these games a lot. If theres a huge 1.6 gig game i do try and complete that so i can then de-install it to free up space.

Other games i like to take my time with, eg Aralon the huge RPG. I didnt want to play it non stop and complete it in a week or so so i took my time with it, a brilliant game.

3. MissDjax

MissDjax Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    drop7, I keep playing it since at least 2 years. I have some other games that I keep playing for long, but maybe not after 1 year anymore, or just very rarely.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #4 backtothis, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    Disc Drivin' is the only one for me. Still play at least 5-10 minutes a day..normally when I wake up and before I go to bed. I'm always at the max number of games, so there are usually 15 turns waiting for me every time I play.

Edit: Oh, if games that I don't play regularly count, then I have a ton of them. I'll probably never delete the popular casual games (FN, AB, DJ, etc).

5. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I tend to keep casual games on my device for a long time since they have massive replay value. The only games I've had on my device for over a year and still play occassionally are:

Angry Birds
    Fruit Ninja
    Words with Friends

When September hits, Jetpack Joyride will join that list.

6. Kira Yu

Kira Yu Well-Known Member

#6 Kira Yu, Jul 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    Yeah, you remind me that I also keep some kinda casual games in my ipod to kill time when I'm boring, but I don't spend much time to play them.

7. Wrath

Wrath Well-Known Member

May 26, 2011
    Seattle
    I've probably checked into 'We Rule' at least once a day since the game was released March 20, 2010 - - which seems kind of ancient for an iOS game...

8. JustinFic

JustinFic Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Game Designer / Programmer
    Las Vegas, NV
    I've kept tons of games on my devices for over a year, but I don't play many of them anymore. The ones I still often play a year later:

- Infinity Gene
    - Pix 'n' Love Rush
    - Words With Friends (down to 2 last people I play with)
    - Everything by Cave

On track to join that list:

- Zaga 33
    - Forget Me Not
    - Gridrunner

9. RoadMasterZ

RoadMasterZ New Member

Jul 10, 2012
    I still play Modern Combat: Sandstorm and Modern Combat 2: Black Pegasus.
    Fun games but I hate the hackers.

10. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Dragonvale is probably the sole game I've ever continually kept coming back to for a year.
    I used to play alot more than I do now, but still, I still open it occasionally, so it still counts. Most other freemiums only tend to last me 3 months or so..but DV gets so many updates all the time... And it clearly pays off, they've been on the top 5 grossing list for the entire year , usually at #1 in my country ..it's cray cray.

I dunno about any other games.. Since puzzle or platform games only give you maybe a week or two of gameplay..if your addicted and playing alot.
    So I guess only arcade games could qualify.

Veggie samurai gets an open here and there..when I want some mindless fun on a train ride or something.. Veggie samurai is basically a fruit ninja clone, but it's so much fun.. I've had fn sitting on my iPad for over a year I think..opened it less than 5 times.
    Something about veggie samurai is so addictive.l I think it's the "mega veggies"... I always aim to get mega carrots.. There so bloody fun.
    Oh and you can "dice" veggies instead of just slicing them. (you can cut into 4 pieces)

11. Super_Cross

Super_Cross New Member

Jan 26, 2012
    Awesome Trigger Happy

I was recently looking for a new Android game app when I accidentally stumbled upon this cool fun game called Trigger Happy. The game lets you record your own action video with the use of 3D weapons and high-quality sound effects – which make you the First Person Shooter in your own film!

I really admire Trigger Happy's superb concept compared to the many war game apps in the web. Compared to real life guns, the 3D weapon systems in Trigger Happy are definitely safe, fun and so easy to use that all I have to do is find someone who I can virtually shoot!

For me, the high-quality sound effects that each 3D weapon possess makes the game app perfect. It sounds so real that if you play it with people unaware of the game, they will automatically think someone is really firing at them!

Most of all, being able to post the recorded action video online makes it more desirable than any Android game apps I've played. People must feel bad if they still don't have Trigger Happy in their mobiles.

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    ^Avoid this game 100%, this idiots just spamming his own games pretending he just 'found' them. AVOID

13. iOSborne

iOSborne Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2012
    college instructor
    PA
    FarmVille... been playing for it for more than a year... cant remember as to when i started playing it and how much i already spent... my only concern is that i cannot open my farm on my itouch... and now that im searching for it on itunes... i dont see the app anymore... when i try to open it on my touch, it will just froze on "loading" mode... but it doesnt load even after 10-15 mins... i guess it's no longer good... i just dont want to delete it hoping it'll get back soon....