New games announced for Nvidia's Tegra 4

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by killercow, Jan 7, 2013.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

#1 killercow, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    The new website dedicated to the Nvidia's shield features some unannounced games like:

-Arma tactics (Take control of a four-member Special Forces team in this turn-based, close-combat strategy game. With an open-world storyline, it's up to you to decide how to play through your missions and objectives. Whether facing skilled mercenaries or disorganized local militia, your strategy is the only thing that will get you through hours of intense ever-changing action.)

-Blood Sword (Blood Sword: Sword of Ruin THD is an action-adventure RPG game. Hack and slash your way through hordes of monsters set in the ancient mystic times. Level up your hero and battle ancient evil. The game includes dynamic sound effects, high-end 3D features, and a unique TPS view during boss battles.)

Ports:

-Burn Zombie Burn (Burn Zombie Burn! is a fast-paced action game in which the player must survive against a never-ending horde of zombies. The game's protagonist is Bruce who must battle the zombies across all six maps and all three modes — including defense mode in which Bruce must defend his girlfriend Daisy from the undead horde.)

-Rochard (Rochard is a game where manipulating gravity and using the G-Lifter (a gravity device used to easily move weighty objects around) are crucial elements for success. With the help of his sci-fi mining tools and taking advantage of the laws of physics, the protagonist John Rochard will carry you through a game packed with puzzles, action, humor, great music, excellent level design, and a story rich of twists.)

I'm sure will see them coming to IOS too. Arma is surprising considering the nature of the IP on pc.

http://shield.nvidia.com/play-android-games

2. clever_bug

clever_bug Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    #2 clever_bug, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
    There are some more unannounced games:
    - Dead Trigger 2.
    - Riptide GP 2.
    - Dead on Arrival 2.
    - The Conduit.
    - Vampire Hunter THD.
    (the last 4 ones can be spotted here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RCRzaMcxxw)

Besides, there are some announced / released game: Sonic the Hedgehog 4, Real Boxing, Dead Trigger, RU Golf, Chuck's Challenge, GTA: Vice City, Hamilton's Great Adventure.

3. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Great find! Wow the conduit is from High Voltage Software and a port from the wii game. They know how to push the hardware, can't wait to see what they will bring to ios/android!

Hawken could be coming to ios too:
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/7/3848380/hawken-project-shield-exclusive-tegra-4

4. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    #4 clever_bug, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    I've read the article. However, I don't think Hawken is coming to Android! Why? Simply because Hawken is being developed using Unreal Development Kit (UDK) - the free version of Unreal Engine 3 (UE3). Both of UDK and UE3 do support iOS, but only UE3 supports Android (while UDK does not). Except for a possibility that NVIDIA is funding Adhesive Games to license UE3 for Hawken (so that the game can be ported to NVIDIA's Project Shield), otherwise, Hawken cannot come to Android.

However, UDK does support iOS! Therefore, Hawken can come to iOS (if Adhesive Games wants, of course!). iPhone 5 and iPad 4 might not be strong enough to handle the game, but it will not be the case with newer devices such as iPhone 5S and iPad 5! The lack of a physical keyboard is not a major concern, I think! :D

5. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    #5 JBRUU, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    Hawken looks like another iPhone 4+ game. No clue why you would think even A5 devices couldn't handle it; the game certainly looks nice but isn't all that impressive compared to many other iOS titles.

Edit: ah it's a PC game. Interesting. Was the T4 actually running the full game or was a port just discussed?

6. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    #6 clever_bug, Jan 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    Yes, it is an AAA PC title and is quite heavy to run on A5 devices, I think so. Project Shield (Tegra 4) was actually running the full game. Kotaku said that it was actually the Android version of Hawken (not streaming from PC), but I don't think so because UDK does not support Android! :cool:

Edit: Oh, the Android version of Hawken has been officially confirmed by the developer: http://community.playhawken.com/news/_/game-info/hawken-coming-to-nvidia-s-project-shield-portable-gaming-device (or: https://twitter.com/PlayHAWKEN/status/288785952846008320.). I don't know why the game is coming to Android! UDK does not support Android! :confused:

7. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    The Conduit in IGN's video:

[​IMG]

8. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wasn't that on the wii?

9. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    It's the Wii game! I wish it also comes to iOS! :cool:

10. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Kinda sucks for Nintendo first resident evil 3ds game getting 360 treatment now this kinda hard to sell a product this way. But I do hope it hits the iOS.

11. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    Yeah! I also hope the following Tegra 4 games come to iOS: Blood Sword: Sword of Ruin, Burn Zombie Burn!, Rochard, ARMA Tactics and Vampire Hunter. (Dead Trigger 2, Dead on Arrival 2 and Riptide GP 2 are coming to iOS).

Besides, I also hope some Tegra 3 games come to iOS as well: RU Golf, Meltdown on Mars, Orgarhythm, Sumioni: Demon Arts, Puddle and Zombie Driver.

By the way, do you know any other Project Shield / Tegra 4 games? :)

12. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    Another pic of The Conduit on Project Shield:

[​IMG]

13. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    Here it is, Vampire Hunter THD on Project Shield:

[​IMG]

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    What is dead on arrival 2?

15. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
  16. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    No man the Hawken version for Android is indeed a stripped down version. Actually, this may ONLY be available for Project Shield and not even Tegra 4 in general. It says launching with PS. I doubt this will come to iOS within the first half of the year as such.

17. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    Full list of games announced (or at least spied) during CES 2013 by nVidia (11 in total):

- Dead Trigger 2
    - Rochard
    - Real Boxing (already on iOS duh, and seriously nothing entirely great)
    - Blood Sword
    - Arma Tactics (very watered down from the PC version)
    - Burn Zombie Burn
    - Riptide GP 2
    - Dead on Arrival 2
    - Hawken
    - The Conduit
    - Vampire Hunter

To be honest, this really is an underwhelming list. I have a Tegra 3 tab, and hopefully they all at least launch on it too, though I can accept that I'd get an "inferior" version. The one I am looking forward to most is Riptide GP 2. Blood Sword is interesting. Rochard might not be too bad. The Conduit and Vampire Hunter could surprise. Otherwise, the rest are duds. Glossy graphics by abysmal gameplay. I can bet my last dollar Hawken will be such a bad game gameplay wise. As will Dead Trigger 2.

18. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    Whatever it is, a full version or a stripped down one, is all okay! However, the problem lies in the fact that they are creating it using UDK which does not support Android! I don't think they are using another engine to creating the Android version, the engine but be the same as the one they use to develop the PC version! :)

19. clever_bug

Oct 22, 2012
    #19 clever_bug, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2013
    (edited)
    Five more announced games: (Released on Android - Tegra 3; Released on / Coming soon to iOS)
    - RU Golf.
    - Sonic the Hedgehog 4.
    - Chuck's Challenge.
    - Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
    - Hamilton's Great Adventure.

Two unannounced / planned games: (Do you have any information about these games? :))
    - An unannounced game - by RAVN Studio AS.
    - Future Ops Online (planned) - by Real Definition.

20. leonard_dabinski

Jan 7, 2013
    No info, sorry dude. I know that another called Codex the Warrior is however coming out in July for ioS and Android (read on Droidgamers).

PS: Oh ya, Future Ops Online has been out for a while. Very shitty game. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.RealDefinition.FutureOpsOnlinePremium