Guitar Rock Tour 2 by Gameloft

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by salsamd, Jun 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    [hqyoutube]yySXqM8-1p8[/hqyoutube]

2. charlieiscool12

May 22, 2009
    looks great. better songs too

3. Gebraroest

Gebraroest Active Member

May 24, 2009
    It's gonna be sick

4. Fluffeh

Fluffeh Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    student :P
    east coast.... somewhere
    All classic songs, maybe? Hopefully no more butchered covers. "The Great Escape" was painful to hear in the first GRT. :( Still excited though! Is DLC confirmed for this yet?

And first post, so hi! :)

5. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    #5 Squirt Reynolds, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2009
    Guitar Rock Tour 2

Has anyone heard anything about the release date recently?

I remember reading the article here on TA that said that GRT 2 and DJ Mix Tour were gonna be released in late June. Since DJ Mix Tour is already out, and June's almost over, i was wondering if anyone had heard about it getting released in July or something.

My guess is that Gameloft was probably having some 3.0 compatibility issues with it, and, even though they're a big developer, Apple's approval process right now is slower and more painful than ever.

Hope it gets released soon...

6. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    I got an email from Gameloft support that a fix for DJ Mix tour is being released in a matter of days to fix lag problems (fingers crossed)

7. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Uh, that's cool, but if you had read my post, you would have seen that i was asking about GUITAR ROCK TOUR 2's release date.

BTW, maybe fixing the lag would help, but i played DJ Mix Tour for about 5 minutes and it was so bad i promised myself i'd never waste another minute on it.

8. Retean

Retean Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    how is the gameplay in dj mix tour any different then guitar hero? If its merely because djing is boring thats not reason to call the game bad. I personally dont like guitar rock tour because rock music sucks so dj mix tour was a nice change. Does that make guitar rock tour a bad game?

9. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    No, it has nothing to do with that. I would love a quality DJ rhythm game. In fact, i can't wait for DJ Hero to come out later this year.

As for DJ Mix Tour, not only was it super laggy and sluggish, but even if some bugs get fixed, i think the overall gameplay is too slow-paced FOR ME. Plus the covers sound even worse than on GRT 1 IMO.

I think i was expecting more from that game. So in the end, it's just not for me. That's all.

10. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Sorry ... point i was making was that hopefully they'll learn from their mistakes and make GRT2 non-laggy ... but the cover versions are very much of mixed quality

If TapTap can get the originals for some songs then surely a company like Gameloft could acquire some original songs

11. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    I just wish it had a widescreen format. I'd trade less time seeing the incoming notes for spreading out the buttons a bit, its too cramped for me even though I did enjoy it.

12. Squirt Reynolds

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Is this ever going to be released, or did Gameloft just scrap it and not bother to tell anybody? :confused:

13. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
  14. touch32g

touch32g Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Can't wait fit this game any longer. Hope it will come out soon

15. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    It's out! [app]Guitar Rock Tour 2[/app]