How many times have you been copied or just started a trend?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by AAApplications, Oct 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAApplications

AAApplications Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    It has happened to me at least 5 times. It is just really annoying how people could just copy your ideas and theirs get featured or something and make it to the top 25.

So how many times has this happened to you? Or even if you had an app idea that you put off making and then see it in the top ten? That has also happened a lot.

2. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Isn't this pretty common for the AppStore, and games in general? I just thought it was pretty commonplace with all the clones out there. Or are you talking about a straight copy that violates copyrights/trademarks?

3. AAApplications

Feb 25, 2009
    Yeah your right. I think that if this didn't happen though now that you say it, there would only be about 5000 apps on te store and less quality

4. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

Yea I started rap, but 2pac and Biggie just stole it from me. Really pissed me off.

5. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    aren't you the guy who ripped off papi and apache lander?

shotgun, drumset?

Yeah you have copied others atleast 5 times

6. AAApplications

Feb 25, 2009
    Good point but that was like a year ago. I had the first shotgun though and I could prove it if you need. What are the 5 others I'm just wonderig?

7. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Happened to me exactly 7 times.

...Exactly.

8. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Just a few weeks ago, I was making a game, but apparently someone else was making something very similar to it. Thankfully, I got interested in Unity 3D, so I don't have to worry about that game :)

9. iamBone

iamBone Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I can imagine being copied being frustrating, but really, with so many games popping out it's hard to be original, well, not too hard, but to be original and get big with your app is hard.

10. super6ft7

Oct 15, 2008
    shotgun pro came out a week before your app did!

11. AAApplications

Feb 25, 2009
    #11 AAApplications, Oct 4, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2009
    When I get on the computer later I'll post a screenshot of the shotgun date submitted on iTunes connect it took atleast a month to get accepted. If it came out a week before, I would have to immediatly make it, immediatly submit it and apple would have to expedite the review time. I can garentee thy did not happen.

Edit: just checked it actually took four months to get accepted.

12. AAApplications

Feb 25, 2009
    Here are the screenshots:

Attached Files:

13. super6ft7

Oct 15, 2008
    i know, but you didn't get copied, none of your apps look original and i'd like to know what "trends" you started

14. AAApplications

Feb 25, 2009
    First of all, you aren't going to win this one.
    Second of all: glowstick, quiz games (no disrespect to anyone with quiz games), the mosquito sound, and a steeldrum. And to answer your next stupid question, no they may not be the best, but it is a concept just the same.

Can a moderator please lock this thread.