Zenonia or Guardian Soul

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ourfinesth0ur, Nov 5, 2009.

?

Which would you recommend?

Poll closed Mar 5, 2010.
  1. Guardian Soul

3.3%
  2. Zenonia

96.7%
  1. ourfinesth0ur

ourfinesth0ur Active Member

Oct 8, 2008
    They both look like great games. I was just curious on your take on each of the games as RPGs as a whole. Price is not an issue, I was just wondering which was a better RPG.

2. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    As much as I disliked Zenonia it's still a way better RPG than Guardian Soul, in my opinion. Of course this is just going by the lite version of Guardian Soul, so it might get better as you go, but I doubt it.

3. Dark_Messenger

Dark_Messenger Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    I tried G.S just the other day and it really sucked. Thats my fair n square judgement. Graphicly, controlwisly, soundiously - you name it. In fact it was so bad that i wonder if i didnt have a broken app. Zenonia on the other hand rocks. Give it one hour of serious gaming and your stuck if you like theese types of games. Maybe turn down the speed one notch in the options tho due to to a little crapiness in the steeringdepartment. Easely playable though.

4. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    zenonia ftw

5. BABYiCE

BABYiCE Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2009
    omg

zenonia by far...

played G.S n i gotta say itz disappointing.

just waiting 4 zenonia 2, 2 be released anytime in the near future!!!:D

6. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    In Guardian Soul, it is rather strange to me anyway that you have to pick a Guardian to fight with rather than choosing to fight enemies with the character herself. I wasn't too impressed with the game as a whole. A waste of money to me to be honest.

Zenonia imho is the clear winner. No contest. Enjoy :)

7. julzsantana15

julzsantana15 Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Michigan
    Zenonia! What's guardian soul?jk

8. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    No, seriously though, what is Guardian Soul? Never heard of it.

9. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    a very messy game

10. Kerrby

Kerrby Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Australia
    One sided poll :D.

11. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Since they're in the same genre it's easy to do a comparison. Guardian Soul is very glitchy (music stops whenever you perform any actions), has a weird system of combat (no skills, simply turn into a guardian to punch stuff), and the world feels much smaller. Zenonia is relatively bug-free, three classes, each class has several skills (and each skill actually looks different visually), and the world is much bigger. I'm disappointed Zenonia doesn't have a very good soundtrack however... most RPGs are well-known for their excellent soundtrack (eg, Tales of Symphonia, Final Fantasy, etc), but Zenonia chose to implement a total of 3 midi-generated soundtracks that are about 15 seconds long each, looped.

12. Goose

Goose Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    finally, a pole between similar games! but yea, zenonia kicks the crap out of guardian soul. finished zenonia twice, layed gs for about 20 mins, boooooring.

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Zenonia by a long shot. I regret getting Guardian Soul. Total playtime was no more than 5 minutes and I had to throw in the towel. They're card game is horrible too.