Best physics app? Phyzicle vs Physify vs Creatorverse vs Fantastic Contraption, etc.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Bronxsta, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I used to love playing around with Interactive Physics on my school computer and I only thought today to see if there were similar apps. And it seems there are quite a few.

I only need one. All physics games/apps are kind of similar, but out of the ones listed or any others that I haven't found, is there one in particular that is better or just the best overall?

I know Fantastic Contraption is a port of the flash game and the others are sandbox apps without objectives.

2. Bronxsta

Anyone?
    I got Fantastic Contraption 2 (which is amazing, but I'm still trying to process how everything works. Some of the stuff on Youtube... :O) Any tips?

But what about the other three or any other simulators on IOS? Is any one better than the others?

3. Algodoo Physics simulation app

Thee is an iPad version of Algodoo in the app store. I haven't tried that, but the version for Mac and PC is free and it's really good. http://www.algodoo.com/

4. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    #4 Tannorexic, Jul 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    Well, phyzicle and creatorverse are both free, so they shouldn't really be included since you can test them yourself and make up your mind.
    Fantastic contraption 1 & 2 used to be some of my favourite titles back years ago..
    But now.. They're a little outdated.. I haven't played the other game you mentioned, so I can't comment on that.

More modern Sandbox style games on iOS that I enjoy are 'The sandbox' by pixowl, and multiplayer sandbox 'growtopia' is my favourite game of all time.
    Both have different elements to play around with, the sandbox has a free mode, and is more like a toy, but also has puzzle levels/campaign mode, it's free so you should give it a go, and growtopia has elements to play with, but you have to splice them, which may not be something you're into if you're just looking for a sandbox toy..
    But I highly recommend you to add it to your leisure gaming folder though, if you enjoy physics and sandbox style toys, you'll love a game based around that sort of premise. You can make plenty of contraptions and what not inside of the game, it's like a game inside of a game.

Other physics games:

I'm not sure if you're into liquid physics, but ..
    I was once an avid physics puzzler lover. Who eventually got bored of the same old thing over and over and moved on to liquid physics loving.

Liquid physics:

Liquidsketch
    Briquid
    Coco loco
    Sploosh
    Puddle puzzles
    Sprinkle
    Sprinkle islands
    Where's my water
    Where's my perry
    Where's my mickey

Regular physics puzzlers:

Iblast moki 1
    Iblast moki 2
    Smoody
    Cover orange
    Cover orange 2
    Juice belts
    Titos shell
    Car-toons
    Droplem
    Amazing Alex
    Wimpy flan (this is more of a fun toy, it's free, check it out..I love the jello physics in it)
    Happy hills
    Rag doll blaster 1,2&3

Car/driving physics:
    Flying piggles
    Fantastic contraptions 1&2
    Dream track nation

Gyroscope physics:
    Rotate n roll
    Cado

Building/bridge physics:
    World of goo
    Bridgy jones
    Simple physics
    Bridge odyssey
    Construction zone
    Bridge construction
    Tiki towers 1,2&3

My absolute favourites are:
    World of goo
    Liquidsketch
    Construction zone

It really depends on what sort of physics floats your boat though..

Alot of these have free lite versions..as a fan of physics, you should look into them all.

5. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    To add to that, I immensely enjoyed Cosmic Mechanic, a space vehicle construction game (wheels, servos, jets, springs) where you need to construct the right vehicle to get to the finish. Lots of levels and time and distance challenges too.

More objectives: here is sawing and nailing to help a turtle to its apple: Hungry Turtle TA Forum

And Juice Belts is great yes! Juice Belts TA Forum, Juice Belts TA Review

Regular physics puzzlers (quality ones) that I played:
    Little Lost Chick (Little Lost Chick TA Forum)
    Monster Island (Monster Island TA Review, Monster Island TA Forum)
    Rat Fishing (Rat Fishing TA Forum)

6. Bronxsta

And I thought this thread was dead!

Thanks for the recommendations. Cosmic Mechanic looks so much better than Bad Piggies (but it's iPad only :()

Definitely going to pick up Dream Track Nation and Construction Zone

7. dzkdes

dzkdes Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Never heard of Dream track nation before. Thanks. App Store is too big to cope with :)

8. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #8 Primoz, Aug 17, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2013
    "The sandbox" and "Powder game viewer" are amazing. There's also a "port" of OE CAKE (an amazing PC program) for iOS but I forgot what it was called. It's not that good though, because you can't mix elements.

9. Bronxsta

The Powder Game on IOS?! I used to play that all the time on my school computer :p
    And I did some research and the OE Cake port was called Aqua Forest, was removed from the store

I had tried The Sandbox a while ago, but way too much IAP IMO. How does the Zombie mode work?

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Don't let the IAPs scare you. You can get free mana pretty quick with unlocking achievements and you also get daily mana quests. If you change the date on your phone you can repeat the daily quest every 3 minutes and you can unlock all elements in an hour. The only thing you purchase are the campaigns, if you want. But I had 1000x more fun in free-play mode though.

Also, The sandbox is one of the most frequently updated games. We just received some new buildings and vehicles a few days ago.