Companies to go IOS

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by snowdude11, May 1, 2012.

1. snowdude11

snowdude11 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    When is the question. When will the big companies go IOS? Microsoft? Nintendo? Sony? Any other companies you want to see go IOS?

2. B34$T

B34$T Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2009
    If I had a nickel...

Also Microsoft and Sony are on iOS. Sony for sure has Crackle and Microsoft has plenty of office apps and Skydrive.

3. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Microsoft has their own phones to make games on. Sony has their own phone to make games on. Nintendo doesn't have a phone so who knows. Even though nintendo is leaning away from ios they might come around eventually...

4. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    I would be eternally happy if Nintendo started producing iOS titles, even if they were only old arcade titles that didn't really compete with their main offerings for 3DS and such, but their corporate culture has always been very insular and self-sustaining, and the success of their handheld platform depends on successful exclusive titles. Sony likewise has a competing mobile gaming platform; Microsoft will continue to release iOS titles as it suits them, such as the upcoming iOS version of Office which should see the light of day this summer. As for other large software houses, especially those who have mainly produced titles for consoles and other handhelds, they are continuing to move into iOS at a surprising pace.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    That's all Nintendo sells on the 3DS eStore.

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Yeah, I know, but it's older IP they've leveraged repeatedly over the years and seems less likely to be taking away business for the 3DS, especially given the availability of classic arcade emulators and ROM files across most devices. I think it's a shame they don't cash in on the income they could be making from it without affecting the sales of their modern titles.

But yeah, it's Nintendo, so it's all a fever dream unless they get out of the portable gaming hardware business someday. :p

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I get your point, theres a lot of people here with jailbroken phones playing SNES/NES games on emulators etc. I just wish someone could package up a bunch of these old games to sell.

I mean a Gameboy app with say 25 famous Gameboy games from the early 90's would sell like hotcakes for Nintendo. Sad they wont just release one to see how successful it would be.

The TurboGfx app could have been great but has hardly been updated in months and months, i try to support that legally by buying the games but damn, might as well find an emulator and get the games for free.

But as all the major companies are in competition with each other i cant see one of them doing that. Shame as at the end of the day the consumer is the person losing out, Nintendo are being stubborn, made a huge loss last quarter, would love for them to release iOS titles but sadly that wont be.

8. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    Microsoft will likely follow the pattern they have been following all along with Apple versions of their products, even if Windows phones become more commonplace. I wouldn't expect GAMES from Sony, at any rate, nor anything from Nintendo.

9. Allanon

Allanon Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Protecting the Lands from Brona
    Paranor
    They should just throw in the towel and port their games ti iOS, double the income for them and happy Apple gamers :D