Anyone tried Official Lights Out?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by seanbob, Mar 30, 2010.

1. seanbob

seanbob Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Anyone tried the game Official Lights Out?

http://appshopper.com/games/official-lights-out

I wax nostalgic for the original Tiger handheld Lights Out game, but the clones I've purchased on the App Store (TouchGhosts, Lights Off, etc.) just haven't been up to par.

Now here's a Lights Out app from the original inventors of the game... so I would like to think that the gameplay improves upon the clones, but the graphics look pretty terrible IMO (I'm guessing that they didn't have the rights to use Tiger's Lights Out interface).

Can anybody recommend Official Lights Out? Any reviews? Any Lights Out clones worth recommending? I'd appreciate your insights... Thanks!

2. ThunderingSteam

ThunderingSteam Active Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Ohio, USA
    #2 ThunderingSteam, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2010
    I have the game. I bought it because I was feeling nostalgic too. I uninstalled it after so long to save space on my springboard..that and the fact I didnt go too far into the puzzles. I only played maybe the first 10 or so and they were all 1 and 2-step solvers.

I can tell you that it does have a lot of puzzles in it, split into groups. It has 4 categories: Classic, Circular, Galaxy, and Black Hole. It looks as though there is 100 puzzles, 25 per category.

I have just reinstalled the game because like you I began missing it.

If you're wondering if it's worth the purchase, I would say it is. It doesn't have the look of the original Lights Out unit (I wish it did), but what you see in screenshots is pretty much how it looks all throughout, and there isnt any sound.

I hope my limited imformation helped.

3. tgwena

tgwena New Member

Nov 23, 2010
    Any more info on this

What do the different levels look like? Are they all the same sizes?

Any screenshots?