Apps for school?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Spade, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Spade

Spade Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Hey guys, I'm in highschool (10th Grade) and have a iPhone 4. I saw that wolfram alpha was on sale, and I was going to buy it. But I'm wondering if it will be all that useful. Can you guys tell me if it would really be?

Also anything to help in Spanish, Geometry, English classes and Biology would be a big help. Thanks!

2. Crazy_Possum

Crazy_Possum Well-Known Member

Do you have any of the to-do list apps? iStudiez has a lite version that you can try out; it is very well organized. Epic Win, though that as oriented for school, is a fun to-do list to use. There are some graphing calculator apps, such as this one, that may help with Geometry.

3. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    wolfram can give u answers to variable equation questions. i really like it :)

4. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    If you open the Calculator app and tilt it, you get some scientific calc functions. I never noticed it until someone on these forums told me. Hope that saves you some cash. :)

5. Mudkipz223

Mudkipz223 Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Atlantis
    I'm in high school too, and I found that iStudiez Pro was a good app for tracking classes. EpicWin makes doing normal chores interesting, so I suppose it could be used for homework as well. I used Wolfram Alpha a couple times, and it gave pretty reliable information, so getting it on sale seems like a good idea if you can spare the dollar. Lastly, I also recommend just getting the free Dictionary.com app, as it helps with English assignments.