Few questions before first submission

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by eJayStudios, Apr 6, 2010.

1. eJayStudios

eJayStudios Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Hi,

will be submitting my first app (game) to iTunes store shortly and have few questions.

My game has multi player via local WiFi or Bluetooth enabled and is using GameKit.

GameKit requires iPhone SDK 3.0 for Bluetooth and 3.1 for Wifi. Should I include these requirements somewhere or is it enough to mention in app description that you need either iPod touch with >=3.1 or iPhone with >=3.0 firmware?

Does the date game still applicable when submitting your app? I mean do you still need to set date to the future and change it as quick as possible after approval? By the way, where and when can I set this day? After you submit binary?

Thanks in advance.

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Why can't you use iPod Touch on 3.0? iPod Touch's have bluetooth....

3. eJayStudios

eJayStudios Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2009
    sorry, I meant iPod Touch 1st gen..

4. Yobonja

Yobonja Member

Apr 1, 2010
    you can set the the availability date by going to iTunes Connect then Manage Applications->App->edit information->pricing
    and changing it there. And if you want it available ASAP just set it to the day you submit.

You can set device requirements in the overview section of the same page and you set the minimum OS in the project settings in xcode (I think).

-Angelo