Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Just played this at a best buy for the first time. They had pilotwings up on the demo unit, and I was really pleasantly surprised by the 3D. It looks great on that game. I tried doing that demo unit hack/get around but I couldn't get it to work. I guess they fixed it. I really wanted to play SSF4.

2. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    I think Link's Awakening DX (Color version) is the one that will be available for download next month.

BTW, I added you marker1c. Here's my FC for anyone who wants to play some Street Fighter online:

3050 7601 4012

3. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I don't have Street Fighter IV, but I added your code anyway. Anyone else who wants a 3DS friend add me as well!

0860 - 3276 - 0612

4. PONGbyATARI

PONGbyATARI Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I was going to hold off on a 3DS after playing the demo of PW at my local Best Buy I was having a rough time keeping the game in focus and seeing double. Later that night I spoke with a friend that purchased one and he explained how to adjust the 3D and that my eyes would get use to the 3D the more I played with it. I am glad I listened and picked one up. So far I am having a lot of fun with PW,Ridge Racer and the pack in game Face Raiders. Yes it might take a little bit for your eyes to adjust to 3D gaming but with some solid first party titles in the works I'm having fun and happy I bought one. I would guess that there will be a small % of people that will get headaches and feel a bit dizzy but I'm lucky to not be one of them.

5. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yup:):):):) can't wait thats the ONLY zelda game I haven't beaten! Except for those crappy sony point and click ones lol

6. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Realy want pokemon tcg. I'd be so happy if it's there.

7. Foozelz

Foozelz Well-Known Member

So I am looking to buy a 3DS and maybe a game or two. What games show off the best 3D and have good game play? I'm leaning towards Pilot Wings.

8. Aussie2

Aussie2 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2010
    Yeah, i played a demo version and the 3D was fantastic, PES is also great for showing it off.

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    According to reviews, you can go through the majority of the content in PW in about 2 hours -- I would get it only if you enjoy replaying levels for achievements, etc. I would also stay away from Samurai Warriors -- probably the least fun hack n' slash game I've ever played. I just got started with Ghost Recon, and even though I'm enjoying Undead Rising on iOS more (stronger story, better graphics) it's a very nice game and a pretty complete package: a meaty campaign, skirmish maps, even an undead mode. The 3D is subtle but well implemented.

Nothing else even comes close to being tempting for me (no diss on SFIV -- I'm just not that into fighting games).

10. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    I've been playing a LOT of Shadow Wars, but it IS the only 3DS game I have...:p

Still though, I'm going to go ahead and recommend it! :)

11. Foozelz

I have two questions, if you live in the US, how much did it all cost together with tax and is Nintendogs + Cats good? I loved the previous Nintendogs.

12. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I actually bought it because it was one of my first ds games. I LOVE IT. The 3-d is spectacular but I haven't had much time to mess around with it!(damn you science fair)

13. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Bought mine on Amazon for no tax and free shipping. If you buy it in a store expect to spend between $18 and $25 in tax depending on your state.

My girlfriend has been playing Nintendogs + Cats on my 3DS and she's loving it. All I can tell you is that they are cute and the graphics are pretty nice. Can't vouch for any of the "gameplay" as I haven't been inclined to mess with it. If you liked the original though, I'm pretty sure that this is generally regarded as a very nice improvement on the formula, though it doesn't add a whole lot of new "gameplay."

14. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Street Fighter is an absolute must have, and from what I read people are loving Ghost Recon as far as gameplay goes.

15. Foozelz

Can someone give me an excuse for me to say to my parents that I should buy a 3DS?

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If you buy a 3DS they get to look at you making faces like this (according to The Sun newspaper):

[​IMG]

17. PONGbyATARI

PONGbyATARI Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    My favorite three 3DS games whats yours?

1: Pilot Wings

2: Star Wars

3: Ridge Racer

Top 3 I am waiting for

1: Zelda

2: Cave Story

3: Mario Kart

18. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    I hear super meat boy is getting a 3ds release. This device has such incredible potential but it sucks having to wait for everything.

19. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I think they just said they've registered as developers for 3DS, nothing specifically about SMB. Unless they've just announced it really recently...

20. coconutbowling

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    Maye you're right. I guess confuse speculative articles with actual news.