Anybody also play 3DS games instead or as well as on iOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ackmondual, Nov 29, 2015.

1. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    There are a lot of good deals on 3DS-es this coming holiday season. I'm slightly tempted to get one, but the backlog of Android, iOS, Steam/PC, and Wii games has me being more conservative than not. Anybody here also have a handheld gaming system like 3DS, 2DS, or PS Vita? For the terminology record, "mobile" refers to phones, while "handhelds" refer to those dedicated gaming platforms.

Only reason I'd get one is I'm still a huge fan of Nintendo stuff. While their games cost $20 to $40 a pop, I have gotten weary of the freemium stuff on mobile markets.

2. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I have a 3DS and a Vita. Couldn't imagine being without the former, and depending on your tastes, lots of neat games on the latter, as well.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    #3 Fangbone, Nov 29, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
    I have the new 3DS XL's and it is great. With games like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Shovel Knight, and classics like SMB3, Metroid, Punch-Out,The Legend of Zelda this is one of the best systems (not just handheld) available.

4. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    3DS is better if your a fan of Nintendo stuff/games in general. It's a fantastic system and there's a TON of great games, including DS games since it's backwards compatible.

5. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Since the GameCenter problem I mainly play on my 3DS. The best console on the market hands down.

6. ackmondual

ackmondual Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2009
    U.S.A., earth
    What are the problems with Game Center?

7. ramon31

ramon31 Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Hortacultrist
    Australia
    Since iOS 9 mine doesn't work any more. There are quite a few forum members with the same problem. I've restored my phone 12 times and had apple engineering on the case now they don't respond back as the problem is too big for them to handle.

Oh well, at least Nintendo test there updates before they release them to the public.

8. master Bates

master Bates Member

May 9, 2015
    3ds on iOS

Citra is a 3ds emulator that can run games and i read that they are working on porting it to Mobile soon like Desmume.

9. letmeshow

letmeshow New Member

May 19, 2016
    RE:

I like all nintendo product like 2ds, 3ds, even new 3ds. I'm a big fan of nintendo since I was child and I don't wanna change to other console.
    for more info visit winzgame.com