Universal Heroes and Castles - (by Foursaken Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jan 16, 2013.

1. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    I don't remember getting a tutorial for that?

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Yeah, same here! I totally didn't know that!!!

3. yosoypepito

yosoypepito Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2010
    I´m a penguin on crack
    On the Moon
    Having a blast with this game. The coop mode is super fun.

4. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Yes! Extremely satisfying. Got my first legendary rune, +25 dmg & +30 dmg. Super props to my coop partner disconnecting when the mobs froze again.

5. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    All these people with legendary runes and I'm just here with a bunch of rare runes. :(

6. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
  7. bramblett05

bramblett05 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Did the update get submitted?

8. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I think the best coop setup would be a pally and an engy. The pal only builds units and the engy only does towers. I have a legendary rune that reduces unit cost by 32, so with pally bonus, pikemen and captains cost 43. An engy could stack for build cost reduction and do the same for walls. From there its just handling the spectres and cats personally and maintaining walls while the pal invulns the chieftains w the soldiers.

9. BrushMyNoseOff

BrushMyNoseOff Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2009
    Coach / Photographer
    NYC
    Dev mentioned they are putting in some finishing touches, and that it'll be submitted this weekend.

10. Oxynidus

Oxynidus Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2010
    It seems to me like the number of viable strategies in this game is very tiny compared to the massive number of strategies you can try.

11. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

In terms of competitiveness, currently yes, because of all the exploits. Right now about the only thing you can do if you really want rank on the leaderboards is to max out repairmen, get steel walls, and just sit there :p Stacking captains is quite a cheezy strat as well.

But since those are fixed for the update, I actually find that there are quite a bit of viable strats... depending on what you have upgraded and what hero you are.

I'd love to hear more of your thoughts though... we're always working towards creating the best balance we can!

12. Enjoo

Enjoo Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Did you submit it yet? So how did fix that?

13. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    I am having trouble with level 15!! So hard played it like 5 times! Anyway any chance for
    a easier difficulty? I am just not good enough!

14. Foursaken_Media

Foursaken_Media Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Not yet. We're just doing last minute testing to make sure nothing weird slips through. There is so much new content we have to make extra sure we don't break anything, so I'd rather spend an extra day or two to test ;) It should definitely be submitted either later tonight or tomorrow though.

As for balance, there are a few big changes. First, repairmen are limited to 3 at a time. Captains and Longbeards also no longer stack. We also added a "compensation wave" if you just sit there not killing anything, to balance out that no harder enemies are spawning. So basically if you don't kill enemies at a regular pace, a big wave of Trolls and Catapults will spawn to balance out the fact that you've just been sitting there. We've also tweaked Taunt so that it doesn't work on siege units anymore (there was another exploit where you can just run around with Knight, continuously taunting everything... basically just ringing around the rosie while nothing is getting hurt).

Finally, we've tweaked late game Endless and Co-op so that it just keeps getting harder the longer you last (currently the difficulty caps at a certain point, so theoretically if you can get to that point and stay even, you could last forever).

15. killagod47

killagod47 Member

Jan 21, 2013
    got a legendary rune that is +1 gold mine and +100 starting gold. Just saying it is pretty awesome to immediately start coop or any level with +4 income :D

16. rpgmind

rpgmind Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2010
    I got it in 3 battles, first two eventually crashing. I'm sure you'll get it soon!

17. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    Anyone got a +2 gold mine rune yet? I have a bunch of +1 GM legends, but a +2 would be really sweet. I'll trade 10 crappy legends for one good one :)

18. SamF1sh

SamF1sh Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    New Zealand
    After you've bought all the skills on knight, is it better to upgrade them or upgade your stats?

19. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Are the leaderboads going to be reset when the update comes out?
    Or should I just sit there with my iPad open for 24 hours over the next day not playing any other game while I go and do 'life stuff'.

Not that I would actually go and do life stuff no no no. :cool:

But yeah... Jokes asside a leader board reset would be perfect as a companion otherwise people who have seriously, sat there all day racking up timers will just be in a figurative gold mine.

Sill this game is too fun for that to have an effect, it's just a bug bear.

But if not let me know, il just have to play it all day tomorrow... :p

20. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Leader boards are getting "reset", for all intents and purposes.

As far as difficulty is concerned, the mobs get insane amounts of HPs and dmg as you get close to an hour, so I can't imagine getting to that hour mark without exploiting the stacking captain/LB issues. I hope you guys are keeping that in mind as you balance and tweak. I guess maybe lvl 99 heros can do ok, but those mobs wreck the troops BAD higher up... It's basically only a matter of time until something goes wrong enough. (spectres spawning and skirting the walls while cats and snipers buildup)

Honestly I think the best bet for leaderboards is a pretty gradual but slowish increase in mob strength. I can't think of a strat that exists that counters the combo of spectres plus all the long threats. Your troops and walls simply can't keep up, and your cash can't keep up since your mines are getting constantly thrashed.

Granted its harder to manage all that in coop than endless. I guess just keep in mind how much harder endless is than coop.