Universal The Simpsons™: Tapped Out (by EA)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Toad In The Hole, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Yeah but how do you steal it? One of my friends has it and I keep checking but it's never available

2. smurfzilla

smurfzilla New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    G'day! Did manage to get the Lemon Tree placed? What am I missing?

3. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    4th mystery box and another $500 :|

have to be kidding me, this is a joke

4. ProperChopper

ProperChopper Well-Known Member

Yes I did. Go to the build option, and in the bottom left corner is your inventory (the box). It's in there.

I've been playing this game regardless of connection issues since launch, and I've been haing fun with it. Until last night.

For some reason I have the mission to build the Simpsons House! It just turned up after collecting stuff off some friends. Now, I am completely unable to build the Springfield Elementary that I have saved up for, nor partake in any other missions! To make things more annoying, the mission status states it is "Done", which it obviously is.

Pleeeeeaaaaase tell me there is a way of sorting this out.

5. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    if they kicked out the multiplayer, always online server crap.
    Removed the iap, there is probable a good single player game here.

6. smurfzilla

smurfzilla New Member

Mar 8, 2012
    I finally found it... took a while to appear in the build list. Pretty annoying.
    Sorry to hear you're having trouble progressing... If I hear of a way around it I'll re-post.

7. alterna20

alterna20 Member

Dec 8, 2009
    im experiencing the same thing, now i cant even play it.. it keeps asking me to build the simpsons house

8. ProperChopper

ProperChopper Well-Known Member

#168 ProperChopper, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
    They seem to be updating the Tapped Out Facebook page pretty regularly with updates. There are alot of people there who have the same problem, so I'm quietly confident it'll get fixed in the update when it's re-released. In the meantime, I filled in the troubleshooting survey they released for the game.

Share you grievances HERE:

http://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/841146/26c6e6d28d60

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Are the servers still completely down for North America types? I haven't been able to play in days.

10. senorian

senorian Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Thanks for the link. i just filled out my complaints. i'm so anxious for this game to return and to work properly.

11. Sakic10

Sakic10 Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Pretty sure I missed out on Bart, Homer finished his first plant shift and there was a cut-scene but no quest to build Bart's treehouse. Still hasn't come... I'm a level 13 now

12. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    It'll come. I got Bart at 14.

13. GAMESHARQ

GAMESHARQ Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Earth
    #173 GAMESHARQ, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012
    Can anyone help me with a couple of questions please?

1. Is there any way to rotate the camera angle/view of my Springfield?

2. I am trying to visit a friend, but I get a message saying that they have a newer version of the game than I do. It then asks me to update my version and takes me to EA.com/ipad, but I don't see any update option. Nor is there an update in itunes itself. So how do I update it?

(I am using the iPad version BTW)

14. P.T.

P.T. Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Second weekly mystery box. Second time 10 donuts! Im so lucky!

15. Multipl8yeR

Multipl8yeR Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2011
    So far this game has been hit/miss for me. On my Canadian account, there's been no problems, but on my U.S. account, the servers never seem to be up.

This is probably one of the most botched EA launches ever. Also is it me or are the buildings ridiculously overpriced on IAP currency? Gah... this had the potential to be such a good app.

16. Anctoh

Anctoh Well-Known Member

May 13, 2011
    It's not on the U.S app-store anymore, so I would assume that servers would currently be down.

17. Dimsum

Dimsum Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Does anybody know how to restart the game new? I'm sick of logging in and its either one game or the other - never the one I want. Both games are progressing at different levels. When I started I was playing anonymously and then created a Origin account and moved that game over when it prompted me. But for some reason that is never the game I get.

So I figured - forget it, i'll start from scratch and log in from the beginning and play that game, but I cant seem to find a way to reset the game. I tried deleting it from the iPhone then downloading from the Cloud within the phone - that failed (presumably because it was no longer in the store) and so I then synced it from iTunes on my PC but even that failed and started me from where I left off.

Anybody know how to get scrap everything and start again? Thanks!

18. MacinJosh

MacinJosh Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Just log out, create new ID and go.

19. dexx0008

dexx0008 Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    I have this on an ipad2 and an iphone4s.

the 4s had tons of trouble, not a problem at all running this on the ipad2. All the problems with getting into the game, things loading funny, etc. always work fine on the ipad2. This is with the same origin accounts and exact same tapped out version pulled from the cloud(purchase history). super annoying.

interestingly, i'm running version 1.0.0, in that survey that was posted a while back I saw it asked about version 1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3 as well. Interesting that they released in in the us with version 1.0.0. I never saw in update for any of the others before it was pulled.

eventually i'm sure they will work it out.

they really need a game reset. signing up for new unity account (requiring new email address is really annoying)

20. GirlieWolf

GirlieWolf Member

Sep 11, 2011
    Since today I got a message to build the Simpsons house, but I'm already level 13! Now I can't build anything or give jobs to anyone. I can only collect money from houses. And I've got a lemon tree in the inventory and can't plant it!!!
    Very annoying!!!!!