iPad Tactical Warrior (by James Pawliuk)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ravenblack, Apr 26, 2011.

1. firetros

firetros Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Mega barbarians

I got my barbarians up even higher; I found something unexpected. With a pack of 3 barbarians, a rage then warcry combo works extremely well, and it works even better when paired with a skill book. I replaced the scones with skill books, as I got their regeneration skill higher too. When I did this, it upped the crit chance of war cry up to about 42% and attacking with 3 war cries against 2 guys each time made it so I stole stamina about 3 times per turn. Doing that rendered my opponents useless, let me attack more and with using the rage before, it allowed me to get damage in the 30's-40's with the attack. Here is my new and improved set for a level 23 barbarian:

Attacks:
    Tackle 4
    War Cry 6
    Rage 4
    Devastate 2

Rugged Hide 3
    Great Stamina 2
    Regeneration 4

2. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Campaign Winning Barbarians

When I completed my campaign, I had 3 level 36 barbarians. Here were their stats and items:

(Book or Mastery or pomegrante's) and (War Gloves)

Attacks:
    Tackle 6
    War Cry 8
    Rage 6
    Devastate 4

Rugged Hide 5
    Great Stamina 4
    Regeneration 5

And they ended up being really good actually. I continually stole stamina and the combo that I used the most was a Tackle + Rage + Warcry/devastate And then I would continue to use warcry or devastate untile my tackle effect wore off, then I would hopefully get a tackel in again to keep the rage alive.

3. cretpetpet

cretpetpet Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    Ok. U are way into the game:)
    Hey, are u pro at minecraft? I got some question...

4. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah, I love this game, but I'm a pretty pro minecrafter.

5. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    so herer are my question,
    1. can u show me trick with the water? i love the water and tried to build a pipe but the stream is to weak. it flow like 7 block.
    2.. Whats up with wheat?\
    4. and, can we build a remote control mechanism?
    also some kind of chain reaction mechanism? can i build them?

6. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    1. Water only flows a few blocks before it dissipates. You have to make it so then your block goes lower by one in order to make it flow longer. Look up an aquaduct.
    2. You need to use a hoe on dirt, then have a large light level, then you need to have water near the block. Then it will grow, and eventually you can get it.
    3. Next part: redstone is used to do that.

On to tacticalwarrior again!
    Does anyone have any strategies that work really well on hard?

7. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    The paid unit, summoner. Have u try it out?

8. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Yea he is really good once you get wild regen

9. Linx550

Linx550 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    How's there other game? Star Tactics or something is that worth getting?

10. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    IMO, all the games are worth getting, but out of the three that jp has made tacticalwarrior and staunch are the best

11. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Most difficult achievement you have gotten?

What is the most difficult achievement that you have gotten?

I have to say that mine was mastermind, I had to kill 5 enemies in one attack from one guy. It took a lot of planning and a good deal of luck. I eventually won it on a wave battle vs lower level guys, on a rough terian battle field.

12. cretpetpet

Jul 9, 2011
    Ostia
    I have some problem with the acheivement.
    I accidently deleted the game and now when i reinstall, no more data, saved game, achievement... Like a totally newly bought game.
    I dont mind about the save file, i have finished the game with those. But i still want the acheivement. It still recorded in GC but when i log in GC it doesnt load in-game acheivement. Any help?

13. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Just to say, this is still one of my favorite game =D. Haven't gained many more achievements, but my and my friends have a fun time hotseat skirmishing and such!

I really wish they would come out with an update for this, and I would buy an IAP for $10 even if it didn't have a bunch of stuff.

14. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Barbarian's BEAST MODE

Here is my new and improved barbarian set up (war cry combo) @ LEVEL 40

Tackle 5
    Devastate 5
    War cry 5
    Rage 8

Great Stamina 9
    Rush of Battle 5
    Fearsome Cry 5

(Pomegrante or Book of Mastery )and Cup of wine or Nobles cap
    I have 4 barbarians who have this set up (or very close to it) on a new campaign I made. Similiar to my last barbarian sweep strategies that I put up before, only I introduce new units into it in order to make my barbarians even more powerful. Adding in a champion that has heroic stature and Rally shout makes the once weak in defense barbarians, into complete tanks, boosting the previously puny 6/1/2 armor of my barbarians up to a 18/13/6 defense. But only when they are grouped together. People may see that as a weakness, but it is actually a strength. When Fearsome Cry is on, if your opponent hits, they have 4 70% chances to be dazed. This allows for some fierce gameplay right there. Then, once the champion has rally shouted, he uses battle shout to further improve my barbarians damage. Along with the golden ale, my champion increases my allies by 15 stamina every time he rests. Here is the champions set:

Slash 3
    Crossbow 5
    Battleshout 8
    Rallyshout 8

Heroic Stature 8
    Tower Shield 4

Cape of Champions + Golden Ale

And then if that isn't enough, I put in a healer to help out even more. The healer has the ability to heal my units, both by consolation and potions, and get their crit rates up. With consolation he heals adjacent allies by 12 every turn, and poetry when he rests he gives my allies +32 stamina while he rests. This gives my barbarians a heal rate of 12 per turn and +47 stamina per turn that is rested. This allows my my barbarians to not care about their stamina, which is already at a monstrous 220, and instead care about where they will attack their enemies.

Here is the set up for my healer:

Gaze 6
    Healing potion 6
    Skill potion 1

Consolation 8
    Inspiration 5
    Poetry 8

Fabled Vest + SKill book

With this, my barbarians can whip out war cries dealing over 60 damage per hit, (90 with the high critical chance), have almost invincible health, high enough stamina to sprint and attack for 5 turns, and an impenetrable defensive tactic. No enemy is safe from this combo.

I've had my war cry deal 276 damage in ONE hit before, with 7-8 rages stacked on top of it. This damage is insane and unmatched, only by the powerful devastate attack which can get to a monstrous 180x3 damage.

The war cry tactic renders opponents helpless, robbing them of their stamina and dealing massive damage. It takes out knights very quickly. One tactic that is good against this one is a jungleman tactic, making the rages go away while the barbarians are stunned, but even just war cry + battle shout is a fearsome combo when criticaled.

15. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    I think that my war cry tactic is the best it can be right now, but I will try to improve upon it a little for you guys. Next I'm going to go back to my roots with some jungleman combos and possibly a alchemist/archer/champion combo. Maybe I'll look into classes I don't usually use like the knight class or maybe even monks, which still have lots of potential.

The war cry combo will remain my favorite though <3. If an online mode ever comes out where you can upgrade your guys how you want to and then wage war, I think the war cry combo will be a powerful enemy.

16. footnote

footnote Active Member

May 12, 2012
    @Firetros
    Interesting Combo, I will have to try it out.

I wish that James would create another spin off from this - I have had this on my Iphone for 2 years now (one of the very few apps I do not delete and still play often, along with his other game, LostStar Tactics)

17. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    I also really enjoy this game and wish it would be updated more often... :(

oh well...

Anyways... On hard difficulty, what do you think the best starting party is? I'm struggling to get a few achievements, and I'm wondering what the best starting party and item is for sucessfully completeing the area.

18. firetros

Nov 30, 2011
    Almost all achievements

I just wanted to say that I have 66 out of the 67 total achievements! I'm going for that last one right now.

19. pjmclear

pjmclear Member

Jan 18, 2013
    What happened to this game? It says it is not available in the U.S. Store?

20. anniec

anniec Member

Mar 5, 2015
    This Game is amazing.

But I have run into some sort of glitch. I have two alchemists (incl Archibald). They are both equipped with Potion Stock (L-8) and Flask Rampage (L-8). So I have my 1st 6 potion attacks for free and I have a 64% chance to get another potion attack after my first potion also for free, or which is how I understand it.

But on my first turn after I throw my first potion and I get another attack, the next potion jumps back up to it's regular cost. It seems that once Flask Rampage proccs, it overrides the Potion Stock discount. Is this a bug or is this how the abilities are supposed to work?