Universal Assassin's Creed Pirates - (by Ubisoft)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Good game :)

2. kia001

kia001 Active Member

Mar 9, 2013
    After the last update my game started to crash back to OS when I try to open the chest or scroll tabs in the menu, or try to enter Nassau. Anyone else got this problem?

3. tsargeant3012

tsargeant3012 Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2012
    Yup, haven't tried doing either of things you mention, but instant crash on killing any other ship. iTunes reviews are starting to fill up with -ve's about this. Not good... hope they get it fixed sooner rather than later!

4. tsargeant3012

tsargeant3012 Active Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2012
    Fixed now with the update. Though they've introduced a new graphical bug in Assasination missions. Still, it's not game breaking, and a retry of the mission clears it.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Ahh cool, just made it to the fifth chapter, was worried that weather was always partly cloudy in this game. Good to see some big lightning and rolling waves :)

6. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Anybody have tips on steering? I'm finding the racing and courier missions really difficult to do (at least in order to win all the side achievements). Sharp turns don't seem to work well, even if I slow down and furiously spin the ship's wheel.

7. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Offers IAP

is that present before?
    What are the IAP?

8. mejjos

mejjos Cancelled

Jul 26, 2012
    Got this game yesterday because of the huge update. It's pretty cool. Can't get 100% on missions though, I blame my ship because I'm still early in.

Fishing is fun. Haven't tried the new survival missions yet. I accidentally ran into a boss ship from the new update and got killed in one hit.

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm considering picking this one up since it's on sale, but there are so many recent itunes reviews that say it crashes so much. I've got a 5s on iOS 7. What are you running it on and have you had any crashes?

10. ictoanen

ictoanen Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    I am in Scorpion Reef and trying to reach 100%. I still need two things:
    1) defeat the super ship
    2) find the last lost message

I can't seem to find that last lost message anywhere. I have the perk which increases the range at which lost messages are detected by 30% but still I can't find it. Has anyone found all of them or does someone have some helpful advice?

11. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    Let me answer my own question. The last lost file is acquired by defeating the super ship.

12. Geertyy

Geertyy Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2013
    What is the actual installed size of this game right now?

13. ictoanen

Feb 14, 2013
    Netherlands
    705MB according to the Usage list.

14. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Anyone try to buy the starter pack with the Dragon ship? It won't let me purchase it. :(

15. zman2100

zman2100 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Investment Consultant
    Jacksonville, FL
    This just went free for the first time. Looking forward to checking it out.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I hate when games that cost over $5 go free. Encourages me to never buy IAP.

17. Retro Nug

Retro Nug Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    The Netherworld
    I feel a smidge guilty about getting this for free, but having bought and played every Assassins Creed game and every expansion or DLC they ever released...$5 for free isn't a big deal.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Don't feel guilty. Rejoice in yourrrrrr booty! I just get peeved when companies disrespect their paying customers. But once they do, no reason to feel bad about taking from them I guess.

19. Kang 81

Kang 81 New Member

Jan 8, 2014
    Hello all, I'm not really sure how to tell, but if I bought the iPhone version already do I have to buy the iPad version again?

I looked on my iTunes on PC and it shows an update option for both versions. Naturally, that leads me to believe the iPhone/iPad versions are one purchase. Am I correct in this assumption?

The reason I ask is that I plan on getting an iPad soon and wanted to grab that version while free. It would also give me the opportunity to see if I should even update the game on my iPhone since I never have. I don't like all the talk about the updated defense (Fruit Ninja) mechanics.

20. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I believe it is what's called a Universal app. If there is a little plus symbol in the box where it says update, then it means it is one app for both iphone and iPad.