Manhunt for IOS? What are the possibilities?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Seiza616, May 26, 2015.

1. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    For some reason this morning I found myself thinking about Rockstar's Manhunt....so I began to wonder. What would the chances be for this game to be ported to IOS?

Most likely there is little to no chance....any thoughts?

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I guess it could be possible only because they already have a presence on ios.

3. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    I wonder if the violence factor would make it difficult for Apple to approve the game?

4. HarryWarden

HarryWarden Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2012
    They approved GTA so really it would be hypocritical not to approve this. Would love to see it happen.

5. Saucepolicy

Saucepolicy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 18, 2009
    Crispy ex-game developer
    It would be highly unlikely because of the subject matter and the controversies surrounding the original release ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manhunt_%28video_game%29#Controversy ). When you have the AppStore rejecting games because there are people holding guns in the promo trailers, they're not going to touch Manhunt with a 10-foot pole.

You have to remember that iOS is a mass-market device, not a dedicated game console where more extreme subject matter is better tolerated. Even then they are still not immune to watchdog groups. Given today's climate towards gamer culture, allowing Manhunt on the AppStore would be a PR disaster for Apple.

6. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    To the OP, This is 100% Possible currently if your phone is jail broken! Using the PPSSPP (PSP emulator) you can dump your legally owned UMD of Manhunt 2 into an ISO file and transfer to your phone! Problem solved! Also the gameplay is smooth with graphics maxed ;)

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    you are wrong,that PSP emulator not work on ios8...i try to play silent hill but no possible on ios8...

8. jgeirge

Apr 8, 2015
    I'm very much right buddy lol. Make sure you're using the newest version, and have the official PPSSPP developer repo added to your Cydia sources. I'm on iOS 8.1.2 & the emulator works perfectly for me. Even has MFI support.

PS, The silent Hill games have terrible emulator support, usually very laggy even on PC's.

9. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    #9 ip4weather, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
    did you try silent hill?I need to download PSP games in iso format right?Hope screen is good...will try now on iphone 5...thanks

there is 33 version on there repo,what to install? dev-latest,dev-working or 1.0?

10. jgeirge

Apr 8, 2015
    Id use the latest version of the software. Also, Don't Mention pirating in these forums dood. Pretty sure it's against forum rules

11. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    I don't think the content would be a problem, to be honest. Apple is strict about App Store description content, but the actual games themselves rarely run into trouble over violence. Corpse Party, Mortal Kombat X, and a bunch of visual novels all have violence and goreas bad as anything in Manhunt.

Now, if there's a nipple in the game, then I could see Apple getting cranky about it.

I'd say the main reason we won't see Manhunt on the App Store is the same reason why we don't see it anywhere else. It's been dead for around a decade, and underperformed in the market. Personally, I'd rather have Bully anyway.

12. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I agree with you about this 100%.
    No matter, really, I can play it on my Vita!