Games you haven't deleted

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by oscar123967, May 31, 2015.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1 oscar123967, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    Rules:
    -The game has to be on any mobile device (phone, tablet, vita, DS, etc)
    -There has to be an active relationship with the game (you can't just have the game on your device and not have played for weeks)
    -The game has to have been on your device for at least 2 months

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #2 Exact-Psience, May 31, 2015
    Just 2 months? I have games never deleted since my first idevice and always gets migrated when i get new devices. ;)

Some examples:

Shadowgun
    Shardlands
    Bike Baron
    Phoenix HD
    Gene Effect
    Polara
    Boson X
    Blood Roofs
    Chrono Trigger
    Batman Arkham City Lockdown (one of the IB-likes that's NEVER going to be deleted ;))
    Slayin
    Spellsword

These are games i still play, albeit not as often.

Ones that have been on my devices a while but not as long as those above, yet i know will NEVER be deleted EVER:

MHFU
    EPOCH.2
    VVVVVV

3. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #3 oscar123967, May 31, 2015
    Clash of Clans
    Even though it's widely hated by many TA users, due to its monetization style, I still enjoy it. It's fun chatting with friends, sharing attack strategies and giving tips. It's an enjoyable competitive little game. You're always progressing in some manner and you always feel as if there's a challenge.

Vainglory
    The ultimate MOBA perfected for touch. I played a lot of smite (still do to this day) and it made me want a quality MOBA for mobile. Luckily a few months later vg came out. I tried to get into heroes of O&C but it just felt clunky and unbalanced. Vg hit the spot. Sadly it doesn't have many characters at all, but I'll be happily waiting for them.

Hearthstone
    I was never ever able to get into any type of card game. Not even pokemon; nothing. But then I tried hearthstone, Damn this game is good. I'd argue it's not even a card game (even though it 100% is), it feels more like a new subgenre of strategy... Idk. It freaking awesome and addicting though. Blizzard has done it once again.

True Skate
    The best skating game for touch. It's constantly getting updated with brand new skate parks. Better yet, it's sponsored by SL so don't expect the updates to stop anytime soon. And from what they've said, they still have countless updates planned. If you think about it, game game is pretty bland. You choose a skate park, and you just skate in it. But something about it keeps me coming back. Could it be the super cheap parks that are constantly added? The top notch board physics? The countless tricks you can perform? The countless lines? Idk it's addicting though...

Geometry Dash
    After downloading this game, I never had to download any other twitch based game unless it's unique in some sort of artistic manner (cough cough Duet cough cough). It's inspiration is clearly the impossible game, but it does much more than it. There are literally an infinite number of maps because they're constantly being created by the community. Also, there are plenty of different play styles; styles play similarly to the Impossible Game, Gravity Guy, Wave Wave, Flappy Bird, and more. When I have a minute or two to kill, I pull this game out.

Wayward Souls
    I admit I hadnt touched it for a while, but I've recently gone back and now I'm attempting to beat the game once again, but this time with the rogue. It's crazy the amount of content this game has especially since it's a premium game with no IAP at all. Randomly generated dungeons, interesting story lines, fantastic combat, and the list goes on. Very impressed and surprised. Cheers to Rocketcat Games, they're freaking awesome

4. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Great list! :) definitely have had some of those on my device for a while at one point. Most notably bike baron (speaking of which, I wonder what mountain sheep is up to) and slayin

5. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Adventure capitalist
    Sim city build it
    Deep loot
    Ridiculous fishing

6. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    #6 vectorarchitekt, May 31, 2015
    Ridiculous Fishing
    RoboSockets
    Power Grounds
    Darkin
    Chip Chain
    Ziggurat
    Hipsta Chez
    Faif
    The Firm
    2 Cars
    Wayward Souls
    Continue?9876543210
    Wonderputt
    FTL
    Sonic CD
    Kairo
    Spell Tower
    Pair Solitaire
    Hoplite
    ZenDots
    Golfinity
    Infinite Cosmos
    Super Crate Box
    Drop7
    Bookworm
    Tiny Wings
    Bleeding Edge

Too bad one day many of these will stop working unless the developers update them, which might not be possible for some :(

7. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Tell me about it :/
    Still waiting on that "huge" ridiculous fishing update they said they would put out

8. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Ummmm... I have nothing.

I feel awkward.

9. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. I hope it still happens.

10. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

Tiny Tower Vegas

I've played this every single day since it was released on August 27, 2014.

Sky Force 2014

Played obsessively since release until unlocking all levels, collecting all cards, fully upgrading the ship, and completing all difficulty levels (except for level 9 insane & nightmare). Now I just play the weekend tournaments (every weekend) and try to complete harder levels (once in a while).

This was my favorite game of 2014.

Never deleted but don't play as often:

Slayin
    Super Hexigon
    Boson X
    Mage Gauntlet
    Wayward Souls
    Shadow Blade
    Dojo Slash
    Ninjin
    Space Strafer
    Alto's Adventure
    Particle Mace
    Drift'n'Drive
    Air Supply Infinite
    Air Supply SOS

There are literally hundreds more (glad I went with the 128GB Mini 2)

11. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Neon Shadow
    Wayward Souls
    Hunters 2
    Arcane Souls
    Space Marshals
    And despite not playing it so frequently 80 Days

12. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Like some of the others here, I have games that I've literally never deleted in years. This is a small selection of my absolute must haves for me:

Beach Games - I can't really explain this one, but I find myself playing it incredibly regularly.
    Cosmic Crown - Practically perfect rogueliting on the go, just fantastic.
    Deep Loot - Everyone knows how much I love this, especially with my sprite in it :D
    Dungeon Plunder - I could never have enough of this game. One of my favourite iOS games.
    Grading Game - I play this obsessively, I just love the humour and I'm a bit of a grammar nazi.
    Heroes of Loot - Just as good on PC as iOS, one of the few games I have installed on both.
    Hoplite - My perfect roguelike. Reliably updated with new stuff too.
    No Brakes Valet - A great twitchy high-scorer. Easily my most played of the genre.
    Planet Quest - A recent addition but one of the best rhythm games ever made.
    Top Tank - Another fantastic highscorer, the controls are perfect to me.
    Every single Kairosoft game!

There are obviously more and there are a few new games I can see myself keeping for many more years like Loot & Legends, Blokshot Revolution, Doug Dug and Into the Circle.

13. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    I have games I won't delete but haven't played in the last two weeks, but the ones I come back to the most and won't delete are

Junk jack x. ( the gift that keeps on giving )
    Badland
    Tiny wings.

But there are loads of others that I may not play as regularly, I'd never get rid of, anything by quantum sheep for example.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    OMG this is a scary thread. :eek:

I've got apps that have been on my device since I had a 2nd Gen iPod Touch. :D

To make a long story short, I'll just list a few...

Realmaze 3D (First app I ever bought, it never left my first screen (though now it's in a folder (nested parentheses!)) Totally awesome this one has been updated for modern iOS versions!)

Puzzle Maniak (Essential for anyone who likes logic puzzles!)

Glyder / Glyder 2 (I'm always afraid that these won't reinstall, it's a miracle that they still run!)

The Quest (This app makes me glad I opted for a 6+ instead of an iPad, as it still runs well on iPhone. I'm about 1/2 way through all available expansions...)

: ) Sudoku

Orbital (Another one I play almost daily)

Dungeon Raid (I wish this one would get updated like Orbital did!)

Audiobus (A newer app, but revolutionized how music apps work on iOS, I fire it up almost daily.)

Junk Jack X (My favorite iOS Minecraft-like. It took me quite some time to delete the original JJ.)

I'll stop now. :eek:

15. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    Cavern, an IOS exclusive rogue-like, has been on all my devices for what seems like half a decade.

The developer has lovingly updated and added content to it without charging more. It's still a blast to play.

It's one of the very few rogue-likes that include many Diablo-like mechanics successfully, such as prefix/suffix random-loot system, town portal teleports, vendors in town, etc. It does have permadeath and is quite tough, and features mostly randomly generated levels, but with some static content inserted in-between.

If you're a fan of rogue-likes, and game on IOS, you MUST own this game. Seriously.

16. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    Pocket Frogs - and it's not even a game, but every morning I breed another few and wake up the next morning to see what I have and then breed some more.

I have Desert Golfing on all my devices (4no.) and all Llamasoft games for fear of them disappearing again.

17. vectorarchitekt

Dec 29, 2013
    I just discovered Orbital at the update and it looks like it could have come out today!
    And yeah a Dungeon Raid update would be incredible. Darkin was a fine substitute but now that dev is gone too
    I am surprised with all the cloning and ripping off of ideas on the App Store there aren't more DR type games out there that are any good.