Working on a project. TouchArcade give me your advice

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Apr 8, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Hello everyone.
    Just wanted to start by saying I've joined such a big, informative, and imo the best mobile gaming community anywhere .
    I've learned a lot from this community .
    i feel like I joined the mobile gaming era at a very important time.
    It feels like we are in the beginning of something that is shaping gaming and just like when I first started gaming ,when Nintendo had just been released, it's almost as significant as that.
    When I joined just over a year ago , I knew nothing about mobile gaming.
    For months before I joined I lurked in the shadows and stopped by from week to week and as my interest grew so did my knowledge from reading many threads from toucharcade.
    I then ventured out and searched for more mobile gaming sites but nothing and I mean nothing comes close to this community.
    I've been a console gamer since I was born .
    I've owned every system since Atari . Literally every system as most of you did as well.
    I never thought in my life I would leave console gaming.
    UNTIL TouchArcade

And now I've started on the creation of my own mobile game.
    I would love to hear any suggestions from the people who brought this way of life to me.
    What do you think is the better route to go platformer or runner?
    I understand my first game isn't going to be award winning or close to it but would like to see f anyone would even want to try it out.
    I know it's way way way to early to ask that but it's nice to hear everyone opinion .

2. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Congrats! I personally like platformers more than runners. I wish you the best and of course keep us informed.

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I personally would prefer a platformer but a runner would probably be easier to make for a first try. Good luck either way.

4. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Good luck with your game Jay! I would think that a runner would be easier to pull off. For the platformer to be good you'd have to nail the controls which seems like it would be harder to achieve. Take this with a grain of salt though because I know absolutely nothing about the development of a game.