App to manage my backlog

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by forsakenxe, May 15, 2016.

1. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Hey!

I am looking for an app to manage my backlog.

What I want is an app that I can add apps into that I want to potentially play later. I have a huge backlog so keeping all of them on my device is not possible but I fear them getting lost in the "purchased" tab on the App Store. The TA app does not show me what apps I already own and not all of them are apps that I want to check out later.

Advice is appreciated thanks!

Huge plus would be a categorization that I can make of my own so I can separate my mifi games from the rest.

2. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    You could always use Appshopper Social and use the My Apps tab for any games you've bought but not played yet. If you don't want to use the Wishlist tab as an actual wishlist, you could use it for your mfi games.

3. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    I tried it but it is not available for iPad and a bit tricky to use for I want (as you explained). Hope ther is something more fitting out there :)

4. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    I used to just write a list in the notes app... ;)
    Gave up on it as it just kept growing and growing! lol

5. Valentia

Valentia Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jan 20, 2009
    Female
    Retired!
    California
    I use Pinterest to organize various aspects of my life. I made private (because no one needs to know the insane number of apps I buy :D) Pinterest folders for various game categories. I have the Pinterest app on my iPad, so I can add app links straight to the appropriate categories from the action icon in the App Store. Right now I'm using folders called "Apps I Want," and "Apps I Own." I intend to narrow focus by adding folders for specific genres as well. This works very nicely for me, and I was very glad I'd begun this when all my App Store wish list saved items vanished a few months ago.

6. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    All nice and well, when I finish a game mostly in a week it goes straight to Delete Land, no worries, no headaches, just a happy gamer with now not more than 4 games on my device, I salute you all, don't make life harder or more complicated than it allready is.

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I agree entirely.

8. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    I have a notebook, and write a short description of each game in it. This way I've effectively got it in a favourites folder and then just re-dl. Only problem is if the game stops going. :D

9. dancingcrane

dancingcrane Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2016
    I use Google Drive for that. A Games folder and docs for have, want, etc.

10. forsakenxe

Oct 23, 2014
    So there really is no good app for that? Hm a big pitty. Would be cool if TA app would have a sub function for it. If anybody knows anything else much appreciated