Help! Does deleting apps...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Athlos, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    If I delete games from my ipod touch, will all my saved games and high scores be gone when I put them back on? If so, how can I keep this data?

2. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    Yes, they'll be gone. And no, there's no way to keep the data.

3. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    #3 Athlos, Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    Damn it! I'm trying to unclutter my ipod touch so I can concentrate on beating my best games first, I already have 70+ games purchased (or redeemed) within a month :S

IMPORTANT! one other thing!

Will I lose my in-app purchases? If so, can I re-download them for free?

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I believe that you can save game data if you jailbreak.

If all you want to do is unclutter your iPod Touch, why not create a one-page buffer between the games you're currently playing and the ones that you're holding "in reserver) or have already beaten? At 70 games you should have enough springboard real estate to pull that off.

EDIT: Yes, you will lose the in-app purchases. And yes, you can re-download them for free, just like any other app.

5. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Hmmmm, perhaps, good idea! But as to my other question; Will deleting my apps result in the loss of my in-app purchases?

6. Bok Choy

Bok Choy Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Student
    Yes, your apps are what hold the in-app purchase data. But you can still re-download the app as well as the in-app content for free.

7. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Oh, okay. Thank you everyone!

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    If you're jailbroken you can download AppBackup and save your game saves, then if you choose to reinstall the game you can simply restore the game data. Its incredibly simple.

9. David7

David7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    South Dakota

Or maybe use categories or some other app to clear up the room. Unless memory is the problem I guess.

10. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Preferable CategoriesSB. Even though I use C:SB I still can't stand keeping too many apps on my Touch, I usually keep around 240-260. After I get more than that I start deleting lol.

11. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    Well I don't particularly want to jailbreak, so... I'll just have to suffer lol. It's no big problem, besides space isn't the problem I have a 32G :)

12. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    come to the light side, jailbreaking introduces you to a whole new world of endless possibilities! unless you have 3.1.3...then its hard...but its possible :D

13. David7

David7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    South Dakota
    Why not jailbreak? The only down is the warranty thing, but jailbreaking doesn't cause any problems that would make you need a warranty.

14. Some games will save your data online (not all games have a feature like this). For instance, "The Creeps!" will save all your scores, unlocked levels and all your stats every time you check an online leader board. However, if you decide to stay offline and delete the game... then everything is lost.

15. Jailbreaking breaks your ability to purchase DLC in any app. I'd consider that a drawback.

16. David7

David7 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    South Dakota
    It does? I'm pretty sure that's only if you pirate the app.

17. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    False. There's a quick & easy fix to that. You are misinformed.

True.

18. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    no, thats only if your the baddest of the bad. dont ever think that all jb-ers are pirates, we arent!

19. Athlos

Athlos Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    Ohio
    I don't want to jailbreak because I like keeping my ipod touch official, and to keep my warranty. I just had to use my warranty not too long ago, so I'm not about to give that up. Besides, even if there were no drawbacks, I still wouldn't do it.

20. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    If anything ever goes wrong you can restore and Apple will never know. Simply saying "Besides, even if there were no drawbacks, I still wouldn't do it." is funny because you have no idea what you're missing out on.