Universal Platform Defense (by ParkPill)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Park Pill, Nov 1, 2015.

1. Park Pill

Park Pill Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2013
    #1 Park Pill, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
    Here is the game my wife and I made for buying diapers for upcoming baby who by the way is going to join this world in 2 weeks :eek:

Please give us 1 download if you are into defense games :)

Next update - waiting for review
    - antiaircraft gun added
    (Somebody asked me to add one. So I added. But the game can be cleared without it. Since I decided to add achievement in the next update, Game clear without antiaircraft gun will be added as an achievement.)
    - 70, 90 difficulty decreased.
    (The game can be cleared in 3 days without IAP. But now I think about it, it is too much. So this will be make it possible within a day which means 24 hours not a spear time in a day.)
    - Trap manual added.
    - Achievements will be added.
    (Snooptalian asked me to do it :D )
    - Trap description will be fixed.
    (So far it is a bunch of jokes from the lyrics. For those who did not notice it, you can see it on the top of the screen when you click on the trap button or the trap placed on the field.)

Does anything do you want it to be in the game? I am open to anything that I can afford :)

[Few things you should know]
    - A monster takes damages from FIRE gradually.
    - When a monster STARTED to burn, it takes 2x damages.
    - ICE extinguishes FIRE

Platform Defense

ParkPill
    Can you be the hero? Monsters are kidnapping people! You are the only one left. Defend yourself against monsters. And …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Can you be the hero? Monsters are kidnapping people! You are the only one left. Defend yourself against monsters. And survive through 100 waves! - Special heros to unlock - Source pans to shoot - Unique traps to place - All different elemental monsters to DEFEAT! Trap Description - Spike: Gives damage to enemies that step on. - Freezer: Freezes enemies that are in front of it when it opens .(Ice element) - Wall: Stops enemies for a while. - Wall Spike: Attacks slowly but gives heavy damage. - Flask: 1 time use bomb. - Gas Burner: Gives fire damage to enemies that step on.(Fire element) - Spike Drop: Spike drops are falling on enemies' head. - Bomb: Blows after a second when a enemy touches it. - Ice ball: Fires an ice ball. (Ice element) - Boulder: Press enemies so that they can move for a while. - Fire: Upgrade version of Gas Burner(Fire elemenet) - Big Hand: Push enemies to a lower level. Element description - Fire: Gives 2x damages when enemies start to burn. Gives damages gradually until the fire is extinguished. - Ice: Freezes enemies and extinguishes fire.
    Information
    Seller:ParkPill
    Genre:Simulation, Strategy
    Release:Oct 31, 2015
    Updated:May 11, 2017
    Version:1.7
    Size:43.9 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (8)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

[Upcoming update]
    Friends will be helping hero attack monsters! They are unlocked by completing achievements. It will make the game more easier.

[​IMG]
    Mine that helps collects coins will be added in the update after the next one.

P.S. I am surprised that many people already cleared the game. You can check it in the leaderboard.

2. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    #2 Jayg2015, Nov 1, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    Downloading

EDIT:
    Finally started playing and this game is great.
    At first I thought I would fly through the game from the progress I was making but once I hit wave 50 it slowed way down.
    There are 100 waves and checkpoints at each 10.
    If you beat the game you can unlock different heroes for different ways of play.
    You unlock awesome traps the more stars you unlock which differs from the coins given from the monsters you kill.
    Rpg elements make this game even better.
    Save up coins for upgrading and laying down different traps and the stars you collect unlock which traps you can buy.
    I've been playing for two hours now and am not at wave 55 on my first of five heroes.
    Highly recommend for only $1 this awesome game will provide hours of playing . I mean $1 is what people pay to get 5 tries on candy crush .

3. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks a lot :)

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Congratulations on the new addition to the family! Do you know if it's a boy or girl?

The game looks really good!

5. Snooptalian

Snooptalian Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Fun game. Gets pretty tough once you get around 40 waves, but not so much where you just rage quit. Kinda wish there were some achievements though. Maybe via updates?

Congrats on the baby :)

6. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    It's a girl :D

7. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks a lot for playing my little game :)
    You need achievement? I will seriously think about it! Is there specific items you have in mind?

8. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Any gameplay videos by chance?

Thanks and congrats on the baby Pill! I've got a 4yr old son and an 18 month old daughter (daddy's girl for sure)

9. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    Not a great game that hits a pay / grind wall around level 50

10. Sweettty

Sweettty Member

Nov 2, 2015
    pretty cool

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Could you elaborate? ParkPill usually has some pretty hardcore games... Wondering if this is the case here or if it's really unbalanced/pushing you towards IAP...

12. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city

There is no pay wall. Like any game you can pay to get currency but by all means you don't have to pay. The game gets harder at level 50 because if you flew through the entire game what would be the point.
    I think what he is trying to say is if you wanted to beat the game in ten minutes then you can buy tons of coins .
    Here is my review edit from my first post I just put up if this helps

Finally started playing and this game is great.
    At first I thought I would fly through the game from the progress I was making but once I hit wave 50 it slowed way down.
    There are 100 waves and checkpoints at each 10.
    If you beat the game you can unlock different heroes for different ways of play.
    You unlock awesome traps the more stars you unlock which differs from the coins given from the monsters you kill.
    Rpg elements make this game even better.
    Save up coins for upgrading and laying down different traps and the stars you collect unlock which traps you can buy.
    I've been playing for two hours now and I am at wave 55 on my first of five heroes.
    Highly recommend for only $1 this awesome game will provide hours of playing . I mean $1 is what people pay to get 5 tries on candy crush .

13. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Woah, right on, thanks JayG! Looks like I'll be picking this up when I get home tonight... =oD

14. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    #14 syntheticvoid, Nov 3, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
    So I got it... And am really enjoying it so far. I've only made it to wave 20, but I'm really liking it. Kinda like Castle Doombad, with a hero.

I did notice that when I paused the game either right before or during a Wave 10 announcement, and the game kept playing behind the pause menu.

Outside of that... It looks like another game from ParkPill that I will be throughly enjoying for at least a couple weeks, if not longer.

**edit**

I did rate the game 4 stars here in the thread... But that's simply because I've only unlocked a couple traps and no heroes yet (outside of the default hero), so I dunno how deep the gameplay gets, or how big an impact other heroes have, or how much strategy options open up further on into the game, but ATM, it's all very promising. =oD

15. rezn

rezn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Mar 8, 2014
    Male
    Coder/Keyer in medical ICD 10
    Reno, NV
    This is a beautiful thing. I will happily buy the game. And if it makes its way to other platforms (i.e. Android or Steam) I will buy it there too.

Congrats on the baby! I have 3 boys. Now they are 12 and 10 x2 (one set is twins). And they know almost more about games as well as the classics than their mom and I do. Thanks to YouTube.

16. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for playing my little game :)
    Fire and Ice is the key for the strategy! Hope it gets 5 stars as you get further.

17. rapshin

rapshin Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Developer
    Canada
    앗. 한국 게임이다 :)

18. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks for the blessing :D
    Actually it is on the Android as well. And I respect that you have three :O People tell me there will be hard time. But you have had like 3x hard time than me!

19. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    헙! 터치아케이드에서 한글을 보다니;; 반갑습니다 ^^

20. Park Pill

Oct 24, 2013
    Actually it is on the wave 70. I didn't push anything on the wave 50. But since many people don't like it, there will be an update to decrease the difficulty. So that people can clear the game within 24 ~ 48 hours without IAP.