iPhone Danger Rabbit - 'Bounce Platformer' (Flowspark Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Flowsparkstudios, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    #1 Flowsparkstudios, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    Hi peeps

We're looking for some thoughtful gamers who are willing to test our new game, Danger Rabbit, and give us some solid feedback on what they like and don't like. It's a 'bounce platformer' where you draw planks to bounce the main character through the game.

The game is currently only available in the Australian app store (IOS only), but we will give codes to international players if you want to play it prior to the global release in August.

Here is the app store link: https://itunes.apple.com/au/app/danger-rabbit/id847953640?ls=1&mt=8

and here is our beta trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37fmqMqivDE&feature=youtu.be

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One word of warning - the game is really hard! Only 10 people have finished level 20 and there are 60 levels in total.

2. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    #2 Flowsparkstudios, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
    Woah ... sorry for the gigantic screenshot. looking for edit post options... found.

3. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    Wow, when I read bounce platformer I was like I'm sure it's going to be one of those horrible to control games with very simple boring gameplay. But after looking at the trailer it looks like you took the genre and added so much more depth and machanics that I've ever seen. Any info on pricing?

4. NOEN

NOEN Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2012
    U.S.
    Looks pretty cool. It looked pretty polished from the trailer. Id have no problem testing it out, but I'm here in the US.

One question, Does the 10 people that only got to level 20 include the developers or just testers? Lol

5. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    Thanks Coolpepper. Yeah 'bounce platformer' is a naming convention we just made up just then actually. Its not an endless runner or like anything on the app store really, so hopefully we are creating a genre. Here's one of the later levels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-kS3wiZnQs.

The game is free to play with IAP, and this is something that we really need help on. As someone who avoids IAP's like the plague (due to being perenially broke), its *extremely* hard to design a game for IAPs. Yet, all the research we see suggests we HAVE to do F2P with IAP if we actually want to make some money (would be nice).

Will PM you a code to play ... unless you are in Aussie? Because then you can just download it :)

6. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney
    Thanks Noen. I can PM you a code if you can promise to give us some in depth feedback! Like ... stream of consciousness, very detailed feedback would be really great.

The 10 people who have finished level 20 are me (i've finished all 60 levels 3 stars), probably one friend, and 8 randoms. There have been 393 players according to Flurry so far. So um, yeah, the game is too hard.

7. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I wouldn't mind trying the game and giving some feedback.
    I am in the US.

8. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    What a lovely game...
    Reached level 15 and thought of unlocking the whole game, then i died and a timer shows up, yucks. So, i only can buy continues/carrots as consumables?
    (Not interested in this rubbish ask friends for lives thing)
    This level is designed to fail quiet a few times anyways (only imho), so i bought for 125 carrots i earned (out of 161) a continue just to die eight times more and to look at the timer again (18 minutes).
    What a lovely game...deleted, pitty.

For your info, downloaded the game in Switzerland.

9. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    This looks pretty cool, I've seen the trailer and like platformers. Will test for you if you'd like.

I'm in the United Kingdom, and I'll send you feedback once I've played it.

10. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    So far I am on level 11. The game is well made with fun challenging gameplay. When you said bounce platformer I thought that was a term for the genre because I have seen other games where you draw platforms for your character to jump. They were more like endless line bouncers. Like endless runners but with the drawing platforms. The other games were pretty bad but you somehow made it less chaotic. By making it small level based I think you found a happy medium where you have a little more control of the bouncing. I did not yet run into any timers yet. One thing that I was wondering, what is the criteria to unlock the finish gate on some of the levels? Did I miss something?

11. Flowsparkstudios

Nov 10, 2013
    Game Maker
    Sydney