World Without End by Steve Uy (Avengers Initiative, XMen)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by steveruy, Jul 27, 2011.

1. arce

arce Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2010
    support ipt 2g?

2. steveruy

steveruy Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2011
    Comic book guy/ game creator/director
    NY
    Sorry for the wait, it's been quite busy here.

For an update:
    All production art is done, almost all music has been composed already and my composer is currently working with a vocalist to add the finishing touches to the music. I expect that should be done and out of the way in December.

We are negotiating with a PR company and planning out the campaign... we need to start promotions 2 months before the release date.

Basically, the release date is dependent on how long it takes my programmer to get it all in there. Since this is 100% a 2D hand drawn game, it's just a matter of getting all the sprites in the game world, properly timed and animated, and making sure there are no bugs. Easier said than done, of course! I am hoping for a March release date, but fingers crossed.

Since we've got no budget left, the only way to get it out sooner, or to ensure it makes that date, would be to find extra programmers to assist, but I'm not in the habit of looking for free help so unless there's someone out there that just wants the experience and programming credit, this is what we got.

I'd like to get a video of the game in action as soon as I can, but the battle system is still a long ways away from being presentable so there's gonna be a wait on that.
    Updates as they come...

3. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    Hmnnn... not sure. No one in our team has 2g.
    Send me a holler when the game is ready and you can test it for us!

4. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    As a side note, I just started putting up some of my books on Kindle. No Marvel or DC stuff though, copyright issues and all.

It's not quite game related, but since I'm writing, illustrating, and in charge of World Without End the same as my books, I thought it'd give everyone a taste of my work before you get to interact with it.

Depending on the search engine, you might have to search "Steve Uy" in Kindle with the quotes, or just search Steve Uy Feather without, and then click on my name for the rest of my books.
    My last name really screws up the search engine!

[​IMG]

5. Trev1

Trev1 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Chef
    NYC/CT...USA
    this game looks massively good, cant wait ...love your work as a artist!

6. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    Looking for extra programmers

Hi all!
    Looks like we may have space for an extra programmer on the World Without End team! My programmer needs assist to keep the release date, so I am currently looking around for any potential programmers that could work on cocos 2d. We are looking for someone that could possibly work on the battle system, menus, or boss animations. Again, all art is already done so you would just have to get it in there.

Budget is still an issue so my programmer would be splitting the rest of his fee with you so you can work together to get the game out faster. I project something along the lines of 3k or so, though that's not set in stone yet. It's not much but you would be credited as the co programmer and have a shot at becoming part of my permanent team should this game be successful and we have a much better budget going into the next game. Obviously if you're reading this now then you either have a good feeling about the game or you just have high hopes for it. It's still a super indie production, with me on all art, direction, and design, one programmer, and 2 composers, but I still intend to get this out as a console quality game.

Work can be done from home of course, my programmer is based in Canada.

I am away for thanksgiving so I will post this up in the developer trade section later, when I have access to my art to attach from home. So for now I'm giving first notice here.
    Happy thanksgiving everyone!

7. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I have been looking up your art via Google Images Steve, and I have to say it's really excellent. I don't have the patience to track down back issues anymore, but it's nice to see that some of your stuff, like Feather, is available on Kindle. This is just another reason why I increasingly want to pick up an e-reader or, even better, an iPad.

8. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    It should have come out.....when will it be released?

9. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    They didnt raise enough money on Kickstarter to hire more than one programmer so i assume its been pushed back. Strange though. Starcommand made nearly 10k over their 20k required.

10. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    #70 chubbypillow, Feb 13, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
    This game looks great. Can't wait to get more INFO on it. Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful kickstarter initiative.

11. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Your name makes me smile. whoever saw a chubby pillow?

12. chubbypillow

chubbypillow Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2012
    NY
    As a little boy, I'd carry with me a chubby pillow so that I have a place to sleep wherever I went. :D

13. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    Any updates???

14. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    No more updates???? Has been silent forever,,,,???

15. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    The game is still being programmed, albeit slower than expected.
    We ran into quite a few snags the past few months, starting in December when my programmer left the project. I was able to find a new programmer, but the build was unsalvageable, and we had to throw everything away and start from scratch.

Fortunately, the new build is much better and smoother than it ever was, but we simply don't have the budget left to keep the programmer on fulltime, so progress inches forward little by little. Also, I'm in the middle of moving to a new apartment (in New York) so this past month has been a bit of a mess.

So yeah, the game's still coming out, though I'm keeping quiet until I have a more definitive release schedule to go by. It makes the wait so much harder if I keep hyping the game, right?

16. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Sounds awesome.
    A free roam? Great, I love Zelda as well. :D

17. Rivozzz

Oct 6, 2009
    Great news u r still working on it

18. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Put another push on kickstarter for money for a programmer? I cant find a link for the kickstarter page

EDIT: lol found the link on the first page. Its a nightmare that it didnt make its funding.

19. steveruy

Jul 27, 2011
    NY
    Looking for additional programmers

Hey all,
    Looks like my main programmer has some scheduling issues, so we are looking for additional devs who can help set up the menu systems and story elements into the game while he frees up his schedule again.

You would be required to know:
    - Objective-C and Cocos2D experience
    - comfortable making menus using layer and sprite objects
    - knowledge of text animation
    - understanding of sprite sheets
    - able to create sequenced actions
    - able to read data from plist or xml files

Budget for this is $6,000 and, of course, full credit in the game. My programmer is in California while I am in NY so obviously work will have to be done from home.

Steve Uy
    www.steveuy.com

20. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Glad to hear some progress is being made, how about a new teaser image?