Universal Oceanhorn (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    FINALLY got around to buying this one. It's been on my list for a while now. Glad to support the game.

2. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Good joke?

3. Johnny1st

Johnny1st Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2011
    #1683 Johnny1st, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    [​IMG]

I now have 100 % Overall and 100 % on all Islands. I also have every achievement except the "killing every enemy" one.
    In my game These tiny flying things never appeared in great forest (Picture above).
    Must have been a bug. Therefore I didn't get that achievement. That really sucks!
    Getting everything except that achievement! Anyone experienced the same issue?

4. Klonis

Klonis Active Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Best game for iOS ever made!!!
    I wonder if Oceanhorn 2 is in the works.
    We must all buy premium games to encourage developers to make more console-like games!

5. Finally decided to jump in. There's only $0.01 left in my iTunes account. lol. This better be living up to the praise it has received. :))

6. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    So are there temples in this game? And are they actually challenging? Are there different types of swords with special abilities?

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    So this game is good eh? I bought this game ages ago and I havent even launched it yet, or bastian, or probably 100 other games that are apparently amazing.

Sigh. All you young pups out there, if you enjoy your gaming, dont be in a rush to get a job and get married.

8. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'll never get married!
    :(

9. Desertking24

Desertking24 Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    How long is this game?

10. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    14 hours.

11. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I've played the light version but it still doesn't give me a taste good of the temples. Are they challenging and clever? And are there other magical items/swords in the game aside from bombs, a pair of boots, and a bow? Thanks in advance! Still on the edge of getting this ever since GBA4iOS came out. I've just been playing the two zeldas on there, but those are old games

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Just go and buy it ! ;) I'm sure you've read the reviews, its a great iOS game, games like this should be supported. I cant see how people are on the fence over this.

13. Fox-One-1

Fox-One-1 Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I see something BIG coming!

Carefully now, don't let it get away! We have been developing this update for you a while now! It is something that could be considered as a DLC on console games, but as a token of gratitude for you, loyal Oceanhorn players, we will continue our No-IAP policy and release our DLC and content pack free of charge!

This update is 90% done and we will begin testing soon. We will tell you more about it later, but in the meanwhile this screenshot will help you reel in what this update is about! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Yaay!

The first major expansion on my favorite game!

I'm seeing a ghost on the first screenshot :eek:

15. Daxmort

Daxmort Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    United Kingdom
    I bought myself an iPad Air for my birthday, and after trading in my Kindle Fire HD, I decided to treat myself to a variety of 'stellar iOS games', mostly those that have been deemed to have great gameplay, graphics, or both.

Oceanhorn was one of the first I looked at, and it really knocked the wind out of me; I've enjoyed it more than I've enjoyed most portable Zelda games over the last year, though most of that comes I think from having such a charming game running on something as slender as the iPad. The developers have done a great job, and I look forward to seeing what else they produce, whether DLC or new games.

What stunned me more is that in all honesty, while I loved Windwaker's graphical style, I hated the gameplay, as I'm not a big fan of boats in general. The fact that Oceanhorn outdid Zelda at its own game, and made it playable for me, is stunning. As are most things about the title itself. Good job, devs!

16. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    When you slay Oceanhorn is it game over? or can I continue to mop up the other islands to get 100% or should I do that first before killing Oceanhorn??

Thanks

GaZ

17. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Hmm, yes, I'm seeing ghosts too. Must be part of the expansion.

No. Once you kill Oceanhorn, you can go back and revisit any already visited island. I still need to finish the island. The boss fights are pretty tough, but doable. Here's a guide to kill Oceanhorn at the end, helped me (scroll down to Arcadian Ruins)

http://quickgamer.net/games/oceanhorn-monster-of-uncharted-seas/islands/part-4/

18. GaZ-OiD

GaZ-OiD Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    London, UK
    Thanks for the reply :)

GaZ

19. Initial D

Initial D Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2012
    #1699 Initial D, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    This was a GREAT game. Wow.

Encyclopedia Monstrum (Defeat every kind of monster in the game) is also the only achievement I don't have. I wish there was some kind of bestiary or some type of "book" to look at (ex. FF6 or PvZ2) so I would know what enemy I'm missing.

20. Spindler

Spindler Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2008
    I seem to be stuck on 85% in tikarel, what am i missing??