Echo Prime by Robot Entertainment (Universal) $4.99 -> $0.99

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Royce, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011

Echo Prime

From the makers of the 2012 AIAS Mobile Game of the Year "Hero Academy" and 2011 AIAS Strategy Game of the Yea…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    From the makers of the 2012 AIAS Mobile Game of the Year "Hero Academy" and 2011 AIAS Strategy Game of the Year "Orcs Must Die!". Fight your way across the stars in this epic action game.

Battle hordes of dangerous alien creatures, space pirates, and killer mercenaries with blaster and blade as you travel from star to star, uncovering the secrets of the multiverse.

Make contact with the Echoes, mysterious beings from alternate universes who will lend you their abilities and aid you in your quest to save humanity from an alien menace. Acquire a myriad of powerful weapons and armor, watch your abilities grow to unmatched levels, and prepare to take on the most fearsome opponents in the galaxy!

Features:

• Real-time action combat with intuitive touch controls.
    • Over 100 pieces of gear with a diverse mix of deadly effects, from fire to plasma.
    • Wide variety of enemies and environments.
    • Customizable ability loadouts - experiment and find the best combinations!
    • Random campaign generation - every experience is different!
    • Use your friends' Echoes in combat to help them level-up.
    • Universal app! Plays on iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch.
    • Invite your Facebook friends and Twitter followers to play!

NOTE: there are known issues with Echo Prime on iOS7.0. We recommend upgrading to iOS7.03 or better, or using an earlier version.

Note: Echo Prime requires an iPhone 4s/ iPod Touch 5/ iPad2/ iPad Mini or above.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Oct 24, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    I was a little put off by a lot of comments in the main thread about this game being IAP heavy -- like even requiring them to open chests? But it was something that looked good to me, so maybe I'll finally bite now.

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Pretty much my thoughts. Sounded too freemium for 5 bucks, but at this price I'll give it a whirl.

4. PeteOzzy

PeteOzzy Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2013
    Norwich, England
    Exactly my sentiments. Think I may get this though, bought quite a few of the sale game - why stop now!

5. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    #5 Echoen, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
    It's great at a buck guys. The action is stupendous. The only real thing that might turn you off is the occasional chest that you use the 2nd rarer and level-limited currency on to open. Thing is, everything in the chest can be bought with the main currency anyway (and not at freemium over-the-top prices either). Equips are level-gated. And using the 'premium' currency to buff your echoes does not give you a gameplay advantage but rather convenience of time. There are also boosts to speed up exp or currency gain but again that's just convenience.

iCloud works. I can play it on my iPad 2 but after long play, it can crash. On the iPhone 5, it's smooth as butter but I prefer the pad's larger screen.

Add me on GC if you don't have friends that own this so you might see my echoes pop up more often to help you on missions.

6. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Still showing $4.99 in the us as of 9:53 pm est

7. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Check in about an hour.

8. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    looks interesting for $1

9. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Awesome game for a buck.

10. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    It keeps crashing for me on the main menu... I've tried deleting and reinstalling, turning iCloud off and deleting my cloud save, hard reset, soft reset... Nothing fixed it.

Sucks... Was a great game for the 20 or so minutes I was able to play it...

11. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I been playing it for about 2 days now and no crashes. I even used your echo a few times.

12. mrbiggles

mrbiggles Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Like retired
    USA
    bump $1 again

TA Review 2.5/5 http://toucharcade.com/2013/11/02/echo-prime-review-premium-sci-fi-action-freemium-balancing/
    "When it stops, it really stops, and while I can't say for sure that the grind is there to promote IAP, it sure feels like it is, and that kind of chafes me at this price point. There are lots of ways this could be a game that I'd want to recommend to others, but right now, the only thing I can truly say about my feelings on this game is that it's not worth it."

148 Review 4/5 http://www.148apps.com/reviews/echo-prime-review/
    "Echo Prime is a fun and often challenging loot-fest with a few CCG elements thrown in that really help to set it apart. It certainly has its share of issues, such as the unbalanced item cache mechanic and somewhat touchy controls, but overall it’s a fun grind. (Considering how often I earn emblems this is a terrible exchange rate, and the mechanic itself feels totally out of place in a paid game like this.) A very fun grind, actually."

Echo Prime

From the makers of the 2012 AIAS Mobile Game of the Year "Hero Academy" and 2011 AIAS Strategy Game of the Yea…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    From the makers of the 2012 AIAS Mobile Game of the Year "Hero Academy" and 2011 AIAS Strategy Game of the Year "Orcs Must Die!". Fight your way across the stars in this epic action game.

Battle hordes of dangerous alien creatures, space pirates, and killer mercenaries with blaster and blade as you travel from star to star, uncovering the secrets of the multiverse.

Make contact with the Echoes, mysterious beings from alternate universes who will lend you their abilities and aid you in your quest to save humanity from an alien menace. Acquire a myriad of powerful weapons and armor, watch your abilities grow to unmatched levels, and prepare to take on the most fearsome opponents in the galaxy!

Features:

• Real-time action combat with intuitive touch controls.
    • Over 100 pieces of gear with a diverse mix of deadly effects, from fire to plasma.
    • Wide variety of enemies and environments.
    • Customizable ability loadouts - experiment and find the best combinations!
    • Random campaign generation - every experience is different!
    • Use your friends' Echoes in combat to help them level-up.
    • Universal app! Plays on iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch.
    • Invite your Facebook friends and Twitter followers to play!

NOTE: there are known issues with Echo Prime on iOS7.0. We recommend upgrading to iOS7.03 or better, or using an earlier version.

Note: Echo Prime requires an iPhone 4s/ iPod Touch 5/ iPad2/ iPad Mini or above.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Oct 24, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    User Rating: (9)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

13. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Not so good, but can enjoy the game with $1.

14. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    They never fixed the crashes did they?

15. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Rushing from left to the right from one tiny floor to another tiny floor while killing enemies is so boring imo. Would be much better if there were more open environments to explore but naaah.
    I don't recommend it.

16. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    To those who stuck with the game, did they ever tame any of the IAP-sanity?

DBC

17. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Hey DBC!
    Just one thing please explain what you mean by " I give up" :D

18. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    That's his signature. :D