Ossian Studios - The Shadow Sun Announced

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by simulated, Sep 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke Scull

Luke Scull Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2011
    Game Designer & Author
    Warminster, UK
    Translation: Yes, I was being a dick... but how dare you call me out on it! But haha, at least I got some information out of you guys - now you should totally stop posting because you're just embarrassing yourself and your company...

You ever wonder why developers on company forums often seem to stop posting over time? The above is it, in a nutshell.

Peace. I'm out.

2. AlexsIpad

AlexsIpad Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2012
    London, England
    Okay, if you can't give us photos, can you please give us some information about the game, the sort of things you can do in the game, map size, storyline etc.? since we don't really know much about what the game is about at all :)

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Trust me: I want to be wrong about this. Whatever you guys do, I would much rather have Shadow Sun be successful than have my marketing instincts be proven right.

4. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    This thread has turned into a silly finger pointing fight on the internet.

5. juv3nal

juv3nal Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2010
    I feel like a little transparency here would have gone a long way in this department instead of "moving on" by pretending it never happened.

A short (like really short: part w is taking longer than expected due to reason x, we now expect to be able to show something on date y and are shooting to release on day z) text update at regular intervals (say, once a month) would not have been that time-demanding on your part and would have done a lot for goodwill.

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#526 Sanuku, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    I`m asking myself nowadays more and more why people can`t just accept that they will see more about a Game when it`s done?!

I strongly advice any Developer nowadays to just keep working on their Games till they are close to Launch or to show an RTM Build to the Public since everything else will go wrong or end like the Gearbox Fiasco with their latest Alien Game if raised expectations can`t be fulfilled to 100%.

7. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #527 Ayjona, Feb 21, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
    That is another thing that makes me so much more comfortable in the indie space - so many more developers feel they have the freedom to speak their minds. I might not always agree with their minds once spoken, but I appreciate the tone of personal honesty in posts like Luke's. (A blessing sometimes wrapped in a curse, though it might sometimes be. Anyone who has ever been the target of S2Games' Maliken's cathartic rants will recognize the haunted look in my eyes ;) )

While I can't fault posters in this thread for your honest incredulity, I wish you would withhold the ire. Even if it does serve the purpose of provocing a reaction from the developer (which might not at all have been the purpose of any posts in this thread), or of ventilation, the resulting discussion is so much less pleasant for it. (Much like I would not like to see developers be honest anywhere near the point of spite. See Maliken.)

Regardless of the wisdom of Ossian Studios' marketing decisions, I have high hopes for The Shadow Sun. Funny enough (and perhaps contrary to circumstancial evidence), they only grow the more development blueshifts towards infinity ;)

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I think the issue is that the developer hasn't even shown a recent screenshot in years, while other devs like Tato or Josh will give constant updates to the community. What's the point of even posting in TA about your game unless you have something to say or show? I'd love to see one or two screens, even if it's WIP. If you can't do so, then say so and the bitching (might :rolleyes:) decrease. In the mean time, can you tell us anything about the story? Combat system? Enemies? World size? Estimated hours of content?

That said, looking forward to it. If it can come up to RS2's level, and overcome its two main failings - content/loot/ and writing/lore, then I'll be all over this when it eventually releases.

9. Sidizen

Sidizen Member

Apr 16, 2013
    The Shadow Sun release 2013

I have e-mailed Ossian Studios about the upcoming ios and Android game, The Shadow Sun, and I have found out some information. I have found out that this game will be playable on iPod touch 4th generation:), and that it will be coming out this year no matter what. Also, Aralon 2 will be coming out late 2013 as well. So, what do you guys think, Aralon 2 or The Shadow Sun?

10. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Heard of shadow sun but aralon 2? And Exiles?
    CMG your killing my bank account.

11. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Shadow Sun lives!!!!!

12. Yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!! Hope it was worth all the delays...

13. Atomos

Atomos Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Yeah, I would certainly love to hear about it soon. I think the last time I checked, there was supposed to be an announcement early 2013. Guess we gotta keep waiting.

14. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    Hello?!
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just knock if you can hear me...
    Is there anyone home?

Well, still keeping an eye on this super secret game, not much to say, they won't be at E3 this year, I guess maybe they fear that the word might get out that they are working on a game, can't have that!

They say they have about 30 people working on the game for about three years now, kinda weird for a vaporware game, looks like I'll be totally shocked when it comes out... but I'm still pretty sure it won't work out like that.

15. zzandreezz

zzandreezz Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2013
    USA
    I don't know. I totally forgot about this as other new games keep popping up .

16. Alan Miranda

Alan Miranda Well-Known Member

17. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Oooohh yeah!!!Another epic Rpg in our midst..Hope it comes early summer,hehe..:D

How bout some game trailers???

18. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    Congrats Alan!
    Glad to see this is going to happen!

19. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    That looks very promising; is it Summer 2013 yet?

20. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Features :

A premium, full 3D Western RPG with a story filled with complex characters, intrigue, danger, and shocking surprises.
    A 10-15 hour adventure where you delve into the decadent imperial city of Shar and the exotic desert lands around it, as the Golden City languishes in the grip of a plague and simmers in defiance against the kingdoms of the North.
    Gorgeous graphics using the Unity engine, including normal/specular mapping and dynamic lighting on the characters, as well as anti-aliasing and bloom.
    Create your own male or female character and customize them with different appearances and over a dozen types of armour.
    Choose from among 30 skills to suit your play style and grow those abilities exactly how you want as the game progresses.
    Ally with one of four companions to adventure alongside you, each with their own personality, abilities, and romance options, and gain their approval or disapproval on your actions.
    A useful journal and detailed codex help you keep track of quests and the people, places, and things you encounter.
    Explore over 70 finely crafted areas and uncover 200+ unique items, hidden secrets, and ancient treasures.
    A striking and compelling orchestral music score by long-time Ossian composer, David John.
    Includes Apple Game Center support.
    A universal app for iPhone (3GS and up), iPod touch (3rd gen and up), and iPad (1st gen and up), with Retina display support. Graphics will scale with device.

Coming Summer 2013
    Yessss :):):)