Duo Gamer (controller)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BazookaTime, Oct 18, 2012.

1. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

When I was unable to find one of these, Discovery Bay sent me one. I wanted a Duo Gamer because I have all of the supported GameLoft games and have struggled with the touch screen controls on all FPS.

The controller is actually pretty awesome, well built and works flawlessly with the supported games. My skills jumped way up in Nova 3 for example simpy because I am use to controllers for FPS.

The stand is sturdy and really ties the package together nicely.

Whether it is worth $80 or not is up to the user, I would have gladly paid that price if I could have found one.

As new Gameloft games come out, I hope they will support the Duo. If anyone has questions, I would be happy to answer.

2. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    What do you mean sent it? For free? Just like that? How? Why? Where?

3. Firetruck94

Firetruck94 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    on mars
    Does it work with iPhone?

4. BazookaTime

I was looking for one and I posted on their FaceBook page that I was having trouble locating one. They sent me a free controller, received it today and have been having a lot of fun with it.

5. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

#5 MicroByte, Oct 19, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2012
    So jealous! I've actually been looking for one as well and haven't found one.

Does it pair up wit the idevice as easily as the icade does? How are the analog sticks/triggers? Does it work with iPhones/iPods?

Also, when you play with the controller, do the on screen controls still show up or do they disappear?

Sorry for all of the questions, I was actually interested in this controller as I actually enjoy Gameloft games and the controller would be great.

6. BazookaTime

Works with iPhone, touch or iPad. I have only tried it on the iPad but it is pretty nice. Yes, this connects really easy just like icade. The supported games recognize the controller and it works great. Order and Chaos is probably the least impressive but it still works, this controller is really perfect for FPS.

Seems like the on screen controls are still there but I would have to check.

The controller itself is awesome, really nice weight to it, all of the buttons are super responsive. The only odd part of the controller is the bottom edges, seems like they could have been rounded a little more for comfort.

I got all of the supported Gameloft games at .99, that is why I didn't mind that is was going to be $80. However, i think it would be a smart move on their part to include codes for all five games at that price point.

If Gameloft keeps supporting the controller, especially for FPS, I will be very happy. I am just way better with a controller and it makes the experience much more fun. The stand is surprisingly cool as well, kind of makes the iPad like a portable monitor.

Target and Best Buy were suppose to already be carrying these, I went in to the stores by me several times and they thought I was crazy.

7. handintoaster

handintoaster Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Why didn't you order it from amazon or apple?

8. MicroByte

Thanks for answering my questions Bazooka. Still keeping an eye out for it so hopefully I find it someday.

One thing I thought would be kinda cool is if it had some type of mount so that you could mount the iPhone/iPod touch to the controller so it was right in front and actually mounted to the controller.

Might have to hack something together to make this happen...

9. BazookaTime

When I was looking for it, there we no links yet for the product online. The company had mentioned they had seen them on Target shelves and that Best Buy was also carrying them, so I figured it was just a matter of walking in and picking one up.

Amazon has shown out of stock (this could have changed recently) since release.

10. BazookaTime

Just to clarify because I don't think I did a very good job in my first post. Supported games are two things right now. Nova 3, Asphalt 7 and Order are working, The other two games are waiting for their updates. The box lists all five, so that is a little misleading. I knew only three worked because I had watched a bunch of reviews, a lot of people will more than likely not know this.

11. MicroByte

Thanks, good to know. Asphalt and NOVA would be great to play with a real controller. NOVA is a half-decent FPS and I actually like Asphalt, even own and like it on the Vita.

I'll keep an eye out, good to hear that it's actually half decent.

12. MicroByte

Hey BazookaTime, are you still using this controller? Has MC3 been added as compatible yet? I'm considering getting one still now that I've gotten more into Asphalt 7.

13. It's too bad that it only supports three games. If it could support all games, i would buy two in a heartbeat. It would be great playing 2 player games with this, 2 hands on one ipad just don't work, two joysticks would be great.

Now to see if apple brings out an ijoystick as rumoured. After people start playing like that on their microsoft surfaces, i hope this will prompt apple to put it out and finally accept the ipad to be a full console like system with hdmi to your bigscreen tv.

14. MicroByte

Well, one of my Game Stops was carrying the controller and I had credit so I decided to splurge and get one.

The controller is very light weight and almost cheap feeling. It doesn't feel nearly as good as a 360 or PS3 controller, but it's not the worst controller I've held either.

Start MC3, NOVA 3 and Asphalt 7 and after some adjustments to sensitivity, it works as advertised. There seems to be a slight dead zone to the analogue sticks, but playing with sensitivity in games helps that issue.

I really hope Gameloft puts out more titles that support this. If nothing else, it's a niche controller that I can pick up and use from time to time.