Universal The Bard's Tale - (by inXile Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Nov 30, 2011.

1. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    so much want this !!! Damn so many great games sitting unplayed in my ipads!

2. Kharma

Kharma Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2011
    me either!! :eek::eek:

3. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Yeah, it's kind of Baldurs-Gate-one-man-show and Diablo mixed.

4. eloquent

eloquent Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    open world game?

5. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Yeah i take back what i said and love the big file size for my 16gb phone...
    Although i do have the gud ol 32gb ipad2, and prices count for us poor folk having to buy itunes cards each week with all the releases each Thursday lol

Then we have my download limit on my broadband each month.... But dont get me started on that LOL

6. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    I never heard of this game before it came to iOS, so I'm just going to wait on impressions. IB2 will keep me busy in the meantime...

7. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Never heard of the original(don't hate on me, I'm not a pc gamer!!), but I'll pass this one. Looks to be brilliant but the size scares me off...

8. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    1.34 GB compressed? LOL :(

9. tx8305

tx8305 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    Just curious, why pass on a game just because the download size is big?

10. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    I don't have enough free space in my iphone.

EDIT: Infinity Blade II going retail today too is super big in size, not enough space for both of them at all.

11. henrylkr

henrylkr Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Wished Singapore's app store refreshes in Perth time (GMT+8) instead of following the US app store's refresh. INSTABUY!~
    PS: My friend mocked me for purchasing a 64gb iPhone, and now I have the last laugh. WAHAHA!

12. MrSpud

MrSpud Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Custom finishing carpenter
    Wasaga beach, Ontario, Canada
    I know this is off subject since I'm not complaining or bitching about the complainers but has anyone played the game? Impressions? Anything actually related to the game? You know, like the controls, interface, stuff that actually matter.

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Keep with the ridiculously out of topic posts and I'll have to ban you! You've been warned! :D

File size is no bigger than that of many a PSP game. I bet most folks around here have 3 GB worth of stuff they haven't touched in months (I know I do). But perhaps I'm jaded because I just bought a 64GB iPhone 4S...

14. mashead2000

mashead2000 Well-Known Member

Is there lots of in game content for the file size to be large or is it just the graphics etc pushing it up? how many hours of gameplay would you say there is?

15. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    #35 Vovin, Nov 30, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2011
    30 hrs, maybe more if you want to see everything.

Here is a full in-depth review from CPUGamer back then:

http://www.cpugamer.com/reviews/15/The-Bard's-Tale-Review

16. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Gameplay video from PS2

Gamerankings.com shows a ~74% positive critical response average over PC/Xbox/PS2.

17. tx8305

tx8305 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2011
    For what it's worth the PS2/Xbox versions of this game have metacritic and gamerankings scores in the mid 70's. A lot of the bigger publications like IGN and Gamespy gave the gave an 8.0 or above (some lower too).

18. My 64GB iPhone 4s and 64GB 3G iPad2 laugh and snicker at the size of this game.

19. MicroByte

MicroByte Well-Known Member

Thanks for this, I honestly did not know about this game and only heard and remember the version from 1985, not the remake.

I'll have to give this a shot. Sounds like a good mix of story, humor and Diablo-esque gameplay which all sounds great.

In terms of space, I find it sad that I've got a 32GB iPod Touch and am constantly clearing things off. It's not the actual game I care about, it's more about having to keep the game installed so that the game saves don't get lost. We need more Cloud Save Enabled games!!!

20. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Ugh...damn the size! Insta buy for sure *starts making room*. Between this and IB2 today...I'm more than satisfied with this weeks releases. ;)