The 7th Guest (Universal) & The 7th Guest: Infection (iPad)---> FREE (May 1st)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by goiMot, May 1, 2012.

1. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #1 goiMot, May 1, 2012
    Last edited: May 1, 2012

The 7th Guest

"Welcome to my ... house!" Old Man Stauf built a house and filled it with his toys. Six guests were invited on…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "Welcome to my ... house!" Old Man Stauf built a house and filled it with his toys. Six guests were invited one night, their screams the only noise…

* We've made our companion game T7G:Infection free! If you are missing the microscope puzzle, you can get it for the iPad today! *

* Also please note that in version 7.5 of The 7th Guest it is not necessary to play the Microscope puzzle or the Piano puzzle to complete the game. *

In the world of The 7th Guest, you are an active and mysterious entity known only as "Ego". Your role, identity and purpose is not known or explained, rather, it is experienced as a seamlessly integral part of the total environment that is the Stauf mansion. Because you are looking out from within, you cannot see yourself, but your inner spirit has a voice. Listen to it.

The house of The 7th Guest is filled with 19 devilishly clever puzzles that will test your wits and scare you out of them as well. To complete the game you must solve every puzzle in the house - only then will the secrets of the madman Henry Stauf be revealed to you.

To help you get started, you might want to check out the pyramid in the lower right corner of the Sphinx board.

* "My father purchased The 7th Guest for me as a child and it terrified me to the point of having him return it. With my increase and courage and the scary images being smaller, I think I can handle it now." - Geek Tyrant

* "Many gamers won't remember The 7th Guest, either because they didn't have the groundbreaking technology of a CD-ROM drive in 1993, or they hadn't been born yet. We remember The 7th Guest being an incredibly creepy game that snared our young imaginations and helped shape our minds as gamers." - Slide To Play

* Bill Gates called this game “The new standard in electronic entertainment.”

* Awards *
    1995 Interactive Academy/Cybermania Awards - Best CD Game
    1994 Multimedia World Readers' Choice Award - Best Entertainment Title
    1994 Computer Game Review - Golden Triad Award
    1994 New Media Invision Awards - Award of Excellence
    1994 New Media Invision Awards - Gold-Creative Excellence for Best Animation/Graphics
    1994 PC World Class - Best CD-ROM Game / Adult
    1994 Electronic Entertainment 1st Annual Editors' Choice - Breakthrough Game
    1994 Computer Gaming World Readers' Poll - No. 1 Rated Game

* Features *
    Engaging, rich-graphics gameplay
    Stunning, original images look even better on new platforms
    Ghostly, full-motion video and supernatural animated sequences
    Award-winning soundtrack by “The Fatman”

* Download Notes *
    The 7th Guest is a big file, about 650MB. It is best downloaded to iTunes then synced with your device.

* News *
    Also available in the Mac App Store!
    Check out Book of Secrets for clues, hints and the complete script.

* Stay in touch *
    Become our fan on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/trilobytegames

Follow @trilobytegames on Twitter for more news and announcements.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Adventure, Puzzle
    Release:Dec 15, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (1)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

The 7th Guest: Infection

Trilobyte Games, LLC.
    "If you like heinously difficult AI in an abstract board game scenario, The 7th Guest: Infection is a must have." - Eli …
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    "If you like heinously difficult AI in an abstract board game scenario, The 7th Guest: Infection is a must have." - Eli Hodapp, TouchArcade.com Trilobyte Games has re-built the wickedly maddening “microscope puzzle” from The 7th Guest. Re-imagined expressly for the iPad, The 7th Guest: Infection is a strategy game for two players or for single play against the mad genius, Henry Stauf. Easy to play, but ever-challenging and difficult to master, this new version of the classic game takes advantage of Apple’s Game Center™, enabling you to match your play against friends and other players worldwide. Features • Rich graphical environment with intuitive and engaging game play • Play head to head with friends • Play against Stauf himself... if you can withstand his maddening taunts • Seven difficulty levels. Few will beat Ol' Uncle Henry when he is at his best. • Original soundtrack by MazeDude • Integrated Game Center The Story Old man Stauf built a house and filled it with his toys. Or so the legend goes. It is said that one of these games could be found by entering the madman's laboratory and peering into his microscope. The germs and microbes there seemed to be imbued with his spirit and intelligence. It is also said that perfectly sane people who attempted to beat him at his own game went completely, absolutely, stark raving mad. Trilobyte has brought the microscope to you, giving you the opportunity to take up the challenge. But you play at your own risk. You have been warned. Stay Connected Follow us on twitter http://twitter.com/trilobytegames and connect with us on Facebook http://facebook.com/trilobytegames.
    Information
    Seller:Trilobyte Games, LLC.
    Genre:Puzzle, Strategy
    Release:Apr 27, 2011
    Updated:Nov 26, 2017
    Version:2.0
    Size:21.9 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

3. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I don't know why I delayed so long on getting this, but hot diggity! I never got to play this when I was younger, I was rocking an old Apple + and a commodore 64 when I was in my late teens.

This makes me pine so so so much for the Kings Quest and Quest for Glory games to make their way to iOS. I think I'd die if they ever moved to the app store. At least the creator of Gabriel Knight is bringing a new IP to iOS..

Wow. Sorry for the tangent. Can't wait to load this up tonight, likely with a walkthrough close by, I remember my friends complaining about the difficulty in this one.

4. ANIMALCHOPPINGS

ANIMALCHOPPINGS Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2011
    Canada
    Holy carp ,I could go for some quest for glory right now.

5. AppleFan12

AppleFan12 Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2012
    USA
    I'll be getting the 7th Guest because I played it way back in the day! :D

6. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Just got them as they went free. It'll be my first time playing this is a long time, too. :p

7. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Just when I'm thinking to get the Infection (price dropped two days ago), now it's free. Great!!!!

8. Sensei

Sensei Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    Teacher, writer
    Japan
    Bought them when they came out (both the original and iOS) but great news for anyone who hasn't played them yet.

9. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Does anyone know how much space you need to install this? Usually I need to clear double the file size..which would be like 1.2 gigs and I really don't know if I could spare that much.. Pressed buy on my laptop then pressed cancel download to put it on lay buy but I don't know if I'll ever get to actually download it. Shoud have gotten the Mac version as well. I'm an idiot. Sales over now though. :(

10. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Universal's at 689mb installed.

11. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Thanks for responding but for some reason my iPad will never let me download a game with just the download size available. I tried downloading at 700mb free, no dice. Tried 1gig, nope, 1.5 NOPE. 1.9 FINALY. I had to delete about 12 big filed games, like machinarium, to download this.and then I played it and was like..meh...no matter how good the game was the response still wouod have been meh because after all that trouble..
    I'll probably get into later though, when I forget about how grueling it was to download.