LEGO Batman: Beyond Gotham (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheMerc, Jan 29, 2015.

1. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Today, Warner Bros has announced a couple of games on their 2015 line-up, among which are LEGO Avengers and LEGO Jurassic World (both being, so far, exclusive to home consoles and handheld devices). However, in a tidbit more pertinent to the mobile gaming space, they also announced that we can expect last year's LEGO Batman: Beyond Gotham to be released on mobile during the summer.

This announcement is remarkable mainly due to the fact that LEGO games are usually released on mobile in a rather stealthy fashion. So, rather than having to hope that Beyond Gotham, the threequel of LEGO Batman games, would eventually be ported (I'm still waiting for LEGO The Hobbit, LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean, LEGO Batman 1 and, above all, LEGO Indiana Jones to be made available!), it's nice to already have confirmation!

If we go by WB's history with porting games to mobile platforms, we can probably expect this game to be a port of the Vita/3DS versions of Beyond Gotham.

Here is the official announcement:

LEGO Batman™: Beyond Gotham
    In LEGO Batman: Beyond Gotham for mobile devices, the Caped Crusader joins forces with the Super Heroes of the DC Comics universe and blasts off to outer space to stop the evil Brainiac from destroying Earth. Players will unlock and play as their favorite DC Comics characters, including members of the Justice League and the Legion of Doom, and explore iconic locations such as the Hall of Justice, the Batcave and the Justice League Watchtower. Developed by TT Games, the mobile game will be available this summer.

Source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150129005263/en/Warner-Bros.-Interactive-Entertainment-TT-Games-LEGO#.VMpy5SxRSSo

2. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    Dear God... At first I read the thread title as "LEGO Batman Beyond" and I almost peed my pants. lol

3. BackupHero

BackupHero Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Jade City, BC, Canada
    Yeah, although we expect a Vita/3DS port, it would be cool if they do console ports like SW the Complete Saga...although that's an older game.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
  5. BackupHero

BackupHero Well-Known Member

May 9, 2014
    Jade City, BC, Canada
  6. MarleySage

MarleySage Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Same here dude, the 2.5 D view point blows & deters any sense of exploration.

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah. Exactly the reason why in another thread i rated Lego Batman above Marvel. The locked view is a huge turnoff when you know the other Lego titles are more dynamic.

8. racr

racr Active Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Self-employed.
    Europe
    The Lego movie was released last Thursday. Lego batman made some news. The Lego movie? Not so much.