The TribeZ (game play discussion)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by girlpower, Apr 21, 2012.

1. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I'm reading using the app, so I can't see the device bit :)

I downloaded the update and no problems yet :)

2. Yneal

Yneal New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Stuck on Ancestors Atoll

Hi all. I could really use some help. I've been completely stuck for a week now.

I'm on Ancestors Atoll, level 51, happiness 43. All my buildings level 4, and have 2 hotels, and all areas unlocked. it's asking me to find the book on architecture in the outside bathyscaphe but when I click on the bathyscaphe it tells me "the time to use this hasn't arrived yet." what gives??? Am I doing something wrong? Also, I have been trying to find the last boomerang in the cave all week and nothing. Any tips on these 2 issues would be greatly appreciated.

3. Aleta76

Aleta76 New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I am Lv 50 and have been on the quest for coral for over a month now on Ancestor's Atoll...here is the CORRECT info for all you Tribez fans! I actually joined this forum today, just so I could alleviate all the incorrect info that is out there. It has NOTHING to do with the Hotels! You have a quest to GET Coral from the hotel, but that has nothing to do with the production of it. So ya wanna know? When you get the quest to build the Police Precinct...BUILD IT right away! Once built, this activates the quest to build a Coral Production Facility, BUT ( in typical Tribez style ), you have to finish the quests for tools BEFORE you can build it. a) Find flippers in the Outsiders Bathyscaphe b) Find a swimming mask at the Hotel c) Find 5 harpoons at the Marble Processing Mill. I' m still on the search for harpoons, but I finally got the quest to build a Coral Production facility... Yay! If anything this game is definitely a test of PATIENCE! Good luck Tribez fans!

4. Aleta76

Aleta76 New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Keep on your quests...it will eventually open up to get to the Bathyscaphe. I'm surprised that you haven't been able to access it by now? Keep going though...the reward is good once you get the quest for Coral. Read my last post...it will definitely help you! Good luck! This response is for Yneal...

5. Yneal

Yneal New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Aleta, thank you for the response. I will keep trying. I just feel like I'm wasting time. I want the Bathyscaphe to be useable already but I don't know how to do that. I'm getting frustrated with it. I wonder if I'm missing something in order to activate it but I don't know what.

6. Yneal

Yneal New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    I am having the same issue. I'm level 51, happiness 50 and I still can't use the bathyscaphe. I also can't build the lighthouse. I don't even see that as an option anywhere. I'm so frustrated with this game. I just keep collecting money while I wait for the bathyscaphe but this seems wrong to me...I must be missing something in order to activate it but I don't know what.

7. Aleta76

Aleta76 New Member

Aug 15, 2012
    #927 Aleta76, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    I will be honest with you...Ancestor's Atoll was a test of my patience! It was the 1st time that I sent a message to App support( not only once but twice!) and their generic response as usual, was to keep with the quests. Well, duh? What have we been doing since the beginning of this game? I must have been doing quests on Atoll for over a month now and finally got to the quest to produce Coral. As far as the Bathyscaphe, it took me forever to get to that! My island looked like a hoarder island...lol!
    By the way, I just joined this forum today, how do I respond to a specific posting? I'm hitting quick reply on posting, but my message is going to the bottom of page. ??

8. Mishmad

Mishmad Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Wales
    Hi guys,

A quick update as I posted a few days ago with your same frustrations, but keep with it, I have finally got the last harpoon today Yee Haa! This has now enabled me to build a coral mine. Stick with it guys it will come. I worked on producing marble by the hour or two hour times and then moved
    The overflowing marble to another island.

Good luck

9. Fosferus

Fosferus Active Member

Aug 13, 2012
    You get the saws as a drop off of killing the invaders or you can buy them with crystals. You won't be able to build the mill until you finish the quest if I remember correctly

10. TribeZmember

TribeZmember New Member

Aug 14, 2012
    thanks for the reply, does anyone know if the quest is activated by leveling or completing other quests?

11. dlstar

dlstar Well-Known Member

I have a proposition

After reading aleta76's comments about the coral quest and coral production quests I've started building 3 marble processing plants on Ancestors Atoll, which I'll probably then put into storage until I need them.

I've had a fairly good hunt around the internet and have not found a walkthrough or quest guide anywhere! So i'm thinking maybe we should start making one of our own. There is a Tribez Wiki but it has no space for a quest guide or information anywhere.

Ideally we'd need to find/convince someone to start playing from the very beginning to record all those quests for us, but anyone here who is about to start a new island could start recording those quests straight away. Then we would just need someone to collate it all and put it up somewhere.

I don't really have the time or know how for that bit, but I'm sure there's got to be someone out there who does???

12. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    @dlstar...that's a great idea! I've often thought I should have noted these quests and how long some things took to find and where....too hard to remember when a newer player asks on here (well for me anyway)

Maybe someone will decide to take up your proposition...hope so ;)

13. Rodmark

Rodmark Well-Known Member

May 11, 2012
    I did exactly the same and it helped speed up one of the quests too! I can't remember which one though .... I'm getting old :eek:

14. Islandboss

Islandboss New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Spirit of great fortune

What is this? It increases item drop rate 50% for 168 hours. What is an item drop rate?

15. Lordelohim

Lordelohim Active Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Easton, PA
    Well, I have "beaten" the game. I have finished every quest, and no new quests have popped up in days. Now, I am hoarding money like it's my job, in case they add more territories, or somehow figure out how to add another island. I even managed to fit three of every house on Murlod Island, in a symmetrical way that doesn't annoy me, which is quite a feat.

As for your question, islandBoss, a "drop rate" is exactly what it sounds like, it's the rate at which enemies drop items, commonly used in RPGs, and typically a hidden stat. Say you need an egg from a cave, and the cave has a drop rate of 70 percent. That means that 7 times out of ten, on average, you will find an egg by searching the cave. With a 50 percent increase, that means the drop rate goes up to 105 percent, meaning that every time you search the cave, you will get an egg.

Chances are they added this is for all of the people complaining about the items necessary to unlock coral mining, and the crystals to get to Murlod Island. If the bonus works, which would be my worry, it sounds like it is a great incentive to log in 20 days in a row.

16. XBurt

XBurt Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Congrats

Good job.

17. Greenie44

Greenie44 New Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Getting into the last territory on the first island

Hi all -

Been lurking a bit, and have progressed quite a ways in the game. I bought the last territory I could on the first island, the one with the waterfall. I cleared out everything on the east side, but when I try to cut down the first patch of grass on the west side, I am told that the way is blocked.

It doesn't look blocked, but I can't seem to find a way to fix it. Has anyone else solved this problem?

Thanks in advance.

18. Vasia

Vasia Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Did you clear the fog? You need to search a statue with blue ball to clear the fog first.

19. Vasia

Vasia Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Wow, that is impressive! You'll get tons of money and resources by the next update.

20. girlpower

girlpower Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Wow, that's impressive....great job! ;)
    I've finally made my way onto Murlod Island yesterday morning....searching for those red/blue crystals was a killer...no gems used cos Ive only got a few left.
    The last two red ones were driving me to distraction, but finally got them....only took weeks of searching :rolleyes:

Anyway.....your previous posts will be very helpful for me to refer back to cos I've still got a long way to go......

Do you know what the level cap currently is?
    I've just clicked over the lvl 54...what are you on now?

What about some of you other long term players.....what's your levels?
    Wish we could visit each other :(