iPad STREET FIGHTER IV Volt - [Capcom]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Jun 29, 2011.

1. SaXxO*

SaXxO* Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2012
    @ HARLEQUINROGUE

I get your point but?

Can OFF OFF charcters be OFFENSIVE vs PRO SP ON DEFENSIVE OFFENSIVE players?( charcater specific)

I mean Please give me generic formulas OFF OFF and ON ON on PRO playing

Btw i KnOw guile vs bison OFF OFF--- GUILE is on advantage 70% to 30% win chance

2. HarlequinRogue

HarlequinRogue Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    There's nothing stopping off/off players from rushing down. Just they can't do cheese moves like knee press, ex knee press or sonic boom, ex sonic boom.

3. Apprunner

Apprunner Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Actually, instant dive kick can only be done manually. Low dive kick is the version most Cammy's do because it requires no skill.

NYC Chinatown plays SP off. Even with Ryu :eek: And yes...he's a computer just like Tenonez :D

4. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Sim is tougher than Abel but that matchup is still lopsided to Cammy. Try Ryu. My Ryu sucks and I was 10-1 on the weekend against Cammys in the 3k range :D That is such a bad matchup for Cammy :(

5. DoctaMario

DoctaMario Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    I'm okay with people spamming fireballs because it's easy to get around (unless it's Akuma.) Usually though I'll just stand at the other end of the screen and neutral jump over all their fireballs until they get annoyed enough to try and get me. At which point they lose most of the time. xD

I've often wondered if up to a full third of the community is actually you and your alts. xD

This is the one thing that keeps me playing SP assist ON. There are certain combos that just aren't possible without it. And it makes me think, why would you put yourself at a disadvantage by NOT using it? At the very least leave it on but use the manual motions for the moves. I mean, I get the pride thing, but if it comes down to playing the character to their plfullest or bragging rights, I know which I choose (and this is from someone who played OFF/OFF for about a year on Vanilla and probably for the first 6 months Volt was out.)

Lag's another problem. If it comes down to it, mashing back+SP increases the chance of my Boom coming out if I get hit with a lag spike (like playing against Police lol!)

6. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    #33586 Jibba, Feb 12, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
    I never really considered Ryu (or any of the shotos) to be among the harder SP off characters. Am I missing something? Obviously those FADC - ultra combos are a lot tougher manually.

As for NYC, are you sure he's SP off? This is the video I mentioned:

Link

Awesome matches.Here's another:

Link

7. ~[KaBoom]~

~[KaBoom]~ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    student
    Lol Tenz how badly did u destroy the Ken Master dude last time? He studied the match really well and does effectively zone me out can't approach his Ken with Yun lol!

A great player indeed, pretty patient too didn't fall into those dive kick traps too much I need some better strategies to open him up.

Btw HR I landed the ultra into super mid-screen vs his Ryu rep will be up :D

8. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    #33588 HarlequinRogue, Feb 12, 2013
    I look forward to it!

Edit: the combo is so awesome people don't understand how awesome it is

9. TenOnez

TenOnez Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2011
    #33589 TenOnez, Feb 12, 2013
    I got him pretty good with Yun, um, it was 6-2 me with Yun, at least that's what he posted on a replay. That was my fault on that one, sorry Kaboom, lol.

Ugh, fought ner0 again in a set. He won it 6 - 4. Freaking Viper man. It's like she has no delay on most of her moves sometimes.

I'll upload some replays of the set. Ner0 will probably upload his wins. Frustrating though, because I want to beat him in a set and got screwed out of it in some matches because something wouldn't connect at that exact time. Not saying he didn't win fair and square, no, he bested me in a good amount of the set, just weird stuff happened such as the last hit in Rog's ultra not connecting for reasons unexplained during a juggle.

Still, glad to have fought one of, if not the, top Viper in Volt. No lag either, so it made it fair.

10. 3-Chord Dork

3-Chord Dork Well-Known Member

#33590 3-Chord Dork, Feb 12, 2013
    I definitely think playing sp off is entirely character specific, that for some characters it changes everything and for others it changes nothing. Charge characters seem to be affected the least by playing sp off, in my opinion. It doesn't change the charge aspect, and there are only a few characters who get more move options using sp on. Guile gets his sonic > ex sonic, as well as easier flash kick FADCs, and dee jay gets his sonic boom > sobat. But Honda doesn't get anything, nor bison (knee press to super, but that doesn't get used much), nor vega. Executing basic combos remains largely unchanged for all those characters.

But if I were to speak only for vega, sp off equates to almost nothing. :) Sp on allows him to do cosmic heel > scarlet terror easier, and lag-proofs it. And it allows him to do scarlet terror after landing from a jump really quickly. But that's it, and both of those are things that can be done with sp off as well, fairly easily. All of his other moves, and all of his other strategies, are needed to be done manually anyway. You need to have directional control over which way he flies, so you always need to push the joystick manually.

Also there's one thing that sp on actually hurts him for. It makes reversals with scarlet terror harder to do. Say your playing Sagat, and Sagat does an unsafe tiger knee that vega blocks. Vega can reversal it with scarlet terror. But if you're using sp, and you don't press the button at the exact right time, it'll come out too slowly. You get one shot, one timing, one button press, and this time lag hurts your chances. On the other hand, when you do the scarlet terror manually, you get a window of opportunity that's way longer. If you have charge, you can hold forward and repeatedly press K before the block animation is even done, and the move will automatically execute as soon as it becomes free. You have as long as it takes to lose your charge to try to execute this move, which in volt is like half a second. A whole half second instead of just a few frames. And lag doesn't affect it at all. If the screen freezes during the block animation, you can just sit there holding forward and pressing K, and as soon as it unfreezes it'll register those buttons. So even if you have sp on for easier scarlet terrors, it's still smarter to do them manually for reversals.

Ergo, it equates to almost nothing ^_^

11. 3-Chord Dork

#33591 3-Chord Dork, Feb 12, 2013
    Hey kaboom, Manu was actually really impressed by you during your guys' matches. He was on LINE all a-twitter with excitement like, "Guys! Guys! Who knows kaboom?! Really awesome player, we should invite him over here!"

And I was all like "word homie, y'know tha kaboom the rill dill, nahmean? Shiiiii....."

I think you've got yerself a new fan. :D

12. TheXion

TheXion Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Student Physiotherapist
    Leonel's creepy roommate
    Off-Off is the normal way to play.
    Nothing annoys me more than someone who thinks they're good when they play ON-ON.

No worries, happens to the best of us...

13. HarlequinRogue

Jan 20, 2012
    Shanghai
    Hardest Vega Combo (I challenge you to try and do it or come up with a harder one!):

j k, cr mk, cr jab, cr mp xx ex barcelona-->slash, ex scarlet terror.

(Corner, should work on most if not all characters. Works on Ryu)

14. slrc_91

slrc_91 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Student
    Cozumel, Mexico
    #33594 slrc_91, Feb 12, 2013
    337 damage, 525 stun, 7 hits.

You must land the first slash in order to land the EX Scarlet Terror (1 hit both).

Tried with Ryu.

EDIT: It doesn't work on Makoto (EX Scarlet Terror won't land).

EDIT 2: It works on Sagat.

EDIT 3: It works on Honda.

EDIT 4: It works on Sakura, only if you remove cr. LP (won't connect after cr. MK). 335 dmg, 520 stun, 6 hits.

EDIT 5: It works on Ken.

EDIT 6: It works on Fei Long.

EDIT 7: It works on Cammy, same as Sakura.

EDIT 8: It works on Chun.

EDIT 9: It works on DeeJay.

EDIT 10: It works on Blanka, you can land the EX Scarlet Terror even with the second slash. 362 dmg, 550 stun, 7 hits.

EDIT 11: It works on Gief. Same as Blanka.

EDIT 12: It works on C. Viper. Same as Blanka.

EDIT 13: It works on Guile.

EDIT 14: It works on Dhalsim. Same as Sakura.

EDIT 15: It works on Abel. Same as Sakura.

EDIT 16: It works on Balrog. Same as Sakura.

EDIT 17: It works on Cody. Same as Sakura.

EDIT 18: It works on M. Bison.

EDIT 19: It works on Akuma. Same as Sakura.

EDIT 20: It doesn't work on Yun. Same as Makoto and Sakura.

EDIT 21: It works on Vega.

Now... Where's my cookie?

15. 3-Chord Dork

I find the super combo one of the hardest to pull off, personally.

(In the corner) FA3 > cosmic heel > scarlet terror > super (towards the wall) and grab them mid-air.

563 damage, only works with SP on, and totally ####ing useless in actual fight.

Remind me what the xx means is your notation, HR? Are you doing an ex Barcelona and then linking it to an ex scarlet terror? (Somehow?)

16. 3-Chord Dork

Oh... well look at that, I did it...

Nevermind, HR. Carry on.

17. ~[KaBoom]~

~[KaBoom]~ Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    student
    sometimes he gets so hype after out matches like opening Christmas gifts right after Christmas eve waking up lol

18. LewsersCryQuit

LewsersCryQuit Well-Known Member

May 6, 2012
    Canada
    Tenz.. Thanks for the series with Nero.. Today's BNers don't see epics like that anymore between two Titans.. I hope Nero ULs his wins..

Now please respond to my PM :p

19. slrc_91

slrc_91 Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Student
    Cozumel, Mexico
    You can do that withous SP assistant. I just did it now...

...But you can't do it with a manual Super motion. I had to use the Super shortcut tu pull it off.

20. Apprunner

Sep 21, 2011
    Well then you suck :D