Dungeon Keeper iOS (F2P), Winter 2013

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by undeadcow, Aug 21, 2013.

1. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Hey I don't really know the rules either but if you have an game that would be interesting to the readers of this site you should definitely spread the word. I searched for the game you're speaking of and it looks very interesting. I've posted the link below. Thanks for sharing! I especially like to support small developers.

http://ryanmitchellgames.wordpress.com/

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Looks great and loved the originals, although like most Peter Molyneux games it was ultimately a bit shallow once you got past the cool ground ideas and concepts, still have a soft spot for them though. Weary on how they tackle the freemium model, don't have time to mess around these days and I'm not the type who buys themselves through a game to circumvent that.

3. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Cursed Realms appears to be a really impressive game; I had originally included a refence to it at the bottom of the original post because I agree it could salvage the potential catastrophe here with EA's questionable freemium DK revival. Anyone interested in games of this nature should look inti Cursed Realms (currently in development).

4. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

If a Publisher/Developer doesn`t believe that the TouchArcade Forum is worth their time and has abandon the Website since Months it not up to us to convince them that they are making an mistake. This Thread is about Dungeon Keeper - (by Electronic Arts) so keep your Spam out of it.

5. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
  6. minno15

minno15 New Member

Oct 22, 2012
    Looks like a clash of clans clone! Devastated I wanted a game like the original dungeon keepers! Can't believe they would ruin a game like that!

7. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    True. Everything looks fixed and pre-made, there is even a shop and.... meh, wasting time with this one, even just to look at it even further. Extremely disappointed with EA.

8. SouL_DragooN

SouL_DragooN Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Architecture for money Games for Fun
    Mansfield Texas
    Howdy

Thanks for the interest! I am also interested in the new dungeon keeper ;) I did not abandon touch I love this place. I just am busy as heck with. Day job family and developing ;)

I am keeping an eye on this game though its got that cute factor. Day one but for me ;)

I wil try to be around more ;)

9. Kbcorwin

Kbcorwin Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2010
    God's buddy
    Seattle, Washington
    Ok, thank you for correcting me so kindly, once again, I was not sure of the rules, it was kind of you to share them. And yes, I feel like the main possible issue with DK iOS would be the presence of fixed rooms and a reliance on a good implementation of IAP to be successful (duh).

10. coxy

coxy Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2011
    England
    Thanks for the video - sadly it has confirmed our suspicions I guess - very watered down and frankly apart from the appearance, nothing like the original 2 games.

Such a shame :(

11. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    No problem, I was just about to post some more videos.
    Sorry that it's not to your liking :/ unfortunately it happens a lot those days when it comes to sequels.
    Heroes of Dragon Age don't look to hot either..

Dungeon Keeper on Mobile - Jeff Skalski on Gameplay Features

"Dungeon Keeper" iOS Preview

12. Karl Schmidt

Karl Schmidt Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2011
    Some news about release date?

13. krama

krama Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Great find Sanuku,is this on iOS?

14. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member