Is TA somewhat dead?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by RinoaHeartily, Jan 21, 2018.

1. UnhappyUnlucky

UnhappyUnlucky Well-Known Member

Wish the lounge area has more participants. I would have been more active. I understand not every topics interest everyone.
    Still a fun place to visit once a awhile. A lot are migrating to the Switch and a lot would rather spend their spare time doing other things like chores and spaghetti eating contest through the nostril :p

2. Patjelol

Patjelol Active Member

Jun 22, 2017
    I usually go to the website daily. I use my Ipad mostly for cardgames, boardgames en roguelikes and I play singleplayer/offline exclusively. Also in that order, I really like cardgames. I think it's safe to say that most of those games I found through TA.
    If I'm not sure about purchasing a game, I always check the TA forums.

So yeah, TA is my main site for checking content for my Ipad. Funny enough I always check the TA site and forums on my laptop and never on my Ipad. :p

3. Maslan266

Maslan266 Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2017
    Nah, I wouldn’t consider it dead. It is a really a great site, I come to it everyday.

4. geniusx

geniusx Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2016
    TA is best forum for iOS gaming!

5. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Amen.

6. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    As others have said TA was definitely more active years ago. I used to be an extremely active member but nowadays I really just come on once and a while. I don’t get the same enjoyment out of games on the iPhone that I did 4 or 5 years ago.

It’s always strange returning here and seeing a bunch of new users and hardly anybody that was active years ago. I honestly wonder sometimes if anyone even remembers me haha :D

7. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Clash Royale has me by the danglies. Like Eli says. And then no other game feels as fulfilling.

8. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Maybe a bit. Not as much to read about lately and they certainly are pounding the Switch thing down our throats a lot! Glanced at a game, looked for it, couldn’t find it, and realized it was another Switch game! That was my fault, but still, seems like this is becoming a Switch site more and more. ☹️

9. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

#29 Eli, Mar 12, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
    We post one Switch article a day and our content output is higher than it has ever been?

10. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    One huge article with tons of games talked about! Definitely the Switch content output is higher than its ever been! # Others are noticing that too! Hey, I still come here every day, sometimes a few times a day, as TA is my leading source of mobile gaming info, and mobile is still my go-to for my gaming fun, mostly, and I enjoy the forums here a lot! ;)

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    <whisper>
    Shaaaame....

<loud voice>
    SHAAAAAAME!!!!
    =P