What is a better iPad racing game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by addis, Jul 29, 2010.

1. addis

addis New Member

Jul 29, 2010
    I just got my iPad today and was wondering, what is a better racing game overall? Asphalt 5 or Firemint's Real Racing? Tell me what you think and why you think either one is better... Thanks for the replies!

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Depends on what you prefer. Asphalt 5 is more of an arcade style racing game and Real Racing is a driving simulator. So if you like realistic racing games, go for Real Racing or if you like arcade styled racing games, go for Asphalt. But if I had a choice between all racing games available for the iPad, I'd go for Need For Speed Shift.

3. bjornkeizers

bjornkeizers Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2008
    #3 bjornkeizers, Jul 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
    Congrats on the iPad.

Are you only considering these two? I would recommend you check out GT Racing: Motor Academy as well.

http://itunes.apple.com/nl/app/gt-racing-motor-academy-hd/id371110333?mt=8

I own all three games on iPod Touch, and out of those... I like Motor Academy the best. It has over a 100 cars (more then both Real Racing and Asphalt combined) It has nicer tracks, and it has solid options to customize and upgrade your vehicle.

If you're dead set against Motor Academy.... I'd pick Asphalt as the more fun title compared to Real Racing.