Eliminate: Berserker Shield Fair or Broken?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by iMick, Nov 7, 2009.

?

Thoughts on Berserk Shield

1. Remove it

16 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. Change it

24 vote(s)
    33.8%
  3. It's fine

31 vote(s)
    43.7%
  1. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    Another Eliminate thread :rolleyes: but this time about people's thoughts on the berserker shield power-up.

Should they change it? or even remove it? or do you think it's just fine as it is?
    Give your opinion and discuss potential changes to the power-up here.

2. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
    Dude...

just shut up

3. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    Change it but why 1 more eliminate thread. It's just not funny. It's so annoying. Even more than the berserker shield.

4. Lombardo

Lombardo Well-Known Member

it really needs to be removed

5. CRUNKmcFUNK

CRUNKmcFUNK Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2009
    my house
    somebody said this earlier but i dont remember who but anyways they said it should be 2 seperate powerups one for berzerker but u can still kill them and one for the shield

6. ticookie

ticookie Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2008
    If anything about Berzerker needs to be changed, it's that it needs to cut the speed in half. I think that'd balance out the shield-bashing.

7. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    I think that's a good idea. Shield bashing is fun and if you still be able to kill them then I wouldn't mind other players having it. The shield part of the berserk armor does not give so much extra to the gameplay for me.

8. hex_me

hex_me Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Estimator
    Earth
    Shut this down

9. xkiller006x

xkiller006x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    For all the people who are complaining about eliminate threads just ignore them and life goes on. What an idea! :eek:People like the game that doesn't mean you have to so leave the forums alone.

About the shield, i think it does need to be changed a bit due to the fact if ur fast enough you can get the power up and just charge people to get a kill. They need to either take out the shield bash or make it so it only can do 50% damage once or something along those lines. The shield is useful as shield but shouldn't double as a weapon.

10. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    I agree with myself on this matter (post from the ELIMINATE release thread)

11. iMick

iMick Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Student
    The Netherlands
    #11 iMick, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
    Reducing the time is also a good idea.

12. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    Jesus Christ, what's the next Eliminate thread gonna be about? Which armor is sexiest? "I think players look really handsome in the Aquatic armor. Your thoughts?"

Seriously, mods should start warning the geniuses that keep starting brand new threads based on one Eliminate topic. These people are too stupid for their own good and have to be regulated.

Some of these threads (not many) are worthwhile, and even the ones that were pointless to begin with were okay AT FIRST, but now it's getting effin' ridiculous. Yes the game is cool. Get over it and stop trying to be funny by starting useless threads.

If you have an issue or opinion about an aspect of the game that hasn't been mentioned yet, do us all a favor and POST IT IN THE OFFICIAL THREAD.

13. Bullroarer

Bullroarer Active Member

Nov 6, 2009
    On-topic, the berserker shield isn't that overpowered, it's easy to avoid, and as soon as you shield bash a player you get their health recharge and lose the shield.

14. debtOFskittles

debtOFskittles Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    its way too fun to remove.. and it keeps the super high level characters on their toes!

15. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    I hate the campers. Maybe having random respawn points would help?

16. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
  17. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    This. IMO all power-up's (and spawns in general) should be randomized. Memorizing spawn points detracts from skill of the game.

18. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    what lock??? been sitting in too many star-trek convention lines?