Please Help - I'll give you a $5 itunes gc

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by BearsJeep, Nov 12, 2009.

1. BearsJeep

BearsJeep Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Ok.. I've asked for help with this before but nothing seems to work.

I'll admit, I'm not the best with technology.

Anyways, my problem is with Earthworm Jim, I so desperately want this game to work on my Ipod Touch, it's one of my favorites. I just can't seem to get it to work.

If I delete the whole entire app from my touch and comp, and re-download it, do a hard reset.. the game works, BUT the kicker.. my music and videos won't load after that.

I've tried many combinations of downloading, from the comp and direct from touch, and everything that I can think of.

If someone gives me advice that is able to somehow get EJ and my music to be on my Touch in perfect harmony, true to my word I'll send you a $5 Itunes gift card, I want it to work that badly.

I have the new 3g touch, 64 gbs, all the lastest software, (ipod + itunes)

Help!

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    just try what you have been doing....

Uninstalling the app from yuor device and deleting it from iTnues and then download it then sync it should work...

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    To be honest if you've tried everything then it's probably just a bug in the app and only the devs will be able to fix it, I've seen a few app store reviews that say the game won't start for them so I think the ball is in their hands.

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    The most safe thing you can do is restoring your iPod with a completely new software, then setting it up as a new iPod and syncing it back to it.

5. Aspargusman

Aspargusman Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    either report it to iTunes or gameloft, as it really looks like a bug or a malfunction in the iPod, or restore it (beware- all data will be erased) and sync it again- it should work. I have had a similar tragedy once, but i did what i mentioned above and it worked, so it shouldn`t be a problem. Surely it is just a minor problem. I hope this helped! hope i get the gift card!

6. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

try synchronising it to your ipod then if it doesn't work, hold the home and sleep button to restart it(hold it even after if shows the slide to turn off)

then try it

7. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I'm thinking this Gift Card prize is a fake -_-

8. gekkota

gekkota Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2008
    It's such a small amount, why would it be a fake? If someone offered $50, I might assume it's fake, but $5 is probably real.
    I'd help the guy for free if I could, but I am kind of a techno-idiot...:rolleyes:

9. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

I wouldn't come here and expect to pay $5 for help. It's a forum, and a good one too, so help should be given for free, but hey, whatever... :)

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Maybe he didn't know how awesomely generous we are. I say if anyone manages to fix his problem, refuse the reward ;)

11. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    Just send the 5 dollar gift card to me and it should work.

12. BearsJeep

BearsJeep Member

Oct 26, 2009
    hahah hilarious

Restoring my ipod is not an option as I have my progress saved in a few games that I'm not willing to delete at this point. Might just have to wait for an update, or keep trying the delete, resync thing. $5 is for real

13. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Would you jailbreak your iPod? If so, I think I can fix your problem.

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

have you tried my solution yet?(hold down sleep button and home button at the same time)

15. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Dude, I had a similar problem. Let me ask you have you used multiple iTunes accounts through the computer and or itouch? Also, did your iTouch ever sync with someone elses iTunes?

Also, have you tried uninstalling from iTouch and iTunes, downloading through wifi right to the touch, syncing it into iTunes, disconnect, delete from iTouch, then resync to iTouch? Seems like I am messing with you on that but give it a shot.

Also you can backup, restore to default, then restore from backup. Should keep gaming data.

16. artcastell

artcastell Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Read!!!!!!

Hey did you know that when you restart your ipod the back- up is in the computer, so when you restart it and you sync it iTunes is going to say to you, if you want to copy that backup to your ipod or iphone

BackUp= All the apps

-Restart
    -Sync with iTunes
    -Click the button that says: Restore from backup
    -Sync the apps that you have in the ipod

Thats it

I think that should make your ipod work better

I did it, without jailbreak.

Hey have a nice day

17. Daniel Novoa

Daniel Novoa Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

Yes that seems to be the solution

18. akame

akame Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2009
    I truly think that your songs and movies are authorised under another account. You have to authorize your iTunes account for the earthworm jim under iTunes' Authorize your computer. You probably have 2 iTunes account and one of them is not authorized under your computer that is why Earthworm jim refuse to play. :)

19. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    This is why I was asking if he had multiple accounts. I am 90% sure that is the problem, it has happened to me when I bought a used laptop and wanted the music that was in it's iTunes.

20. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    Is there even a $5 gift card?