Infinity Control - Promo Codes for Impressions

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Renegadecitizen, Mar 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Renegadecitizen

Renegadecitizen Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2010
    #1 Renegadecitizen, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
    I am trying to build some buzz by getting some impressions on my game
    so use these promo codes to get ahold of the game before the public does
    it releases on Thursday, March 31st

then post your impressions here

please pm for promo codes

on the release date I'll create a new thread in released games

Description

- You have just joined
    the Federation of international Space Marines FISM
    ****Welcome Recruit****
    you start on earth where u learn the basics managing incoming craft while avoiding passing by satellites, then you will help the researchers maneuver craft around the dense asteroids of Saturn
    be careful though their research craft is expensive
    then you will be needed on alien world
    where it is up to you to keep the alien crafts from being sucked up by the random appearance of a black hole

-3 worlds to discover

- Openfient and GameCenter
    Full integration with the two leading game social networks with Leaderboards and more achievements

- Retina Graphics
    Beautifully detailed Art, hand painted that takes full advantage of your retina device.

- Stats Screen
    track your career from young recruit to skilled veteran

it will be 99c for iphone and ipod touch
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. emaddox

emaddox Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Male
    Looks very promising! Looking forward to giving this one a try.

3. Adeeb246

Adeeb246 Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Canada
    Ok so I played for roughly 20min and heres my honest initial reaction

I definitely like it, Graphics are awesome, gameplay is just right with the difficulty

the only thing is that at the beginning I didnt know what was going on (No instructions), I didnt know it was a drag and direct game.

One thing you could add is a gameplay mode where when the exclamation marks appear, they could be the colour that corresponds to the colour of the ship thats approaching. That would be helpful for beginners. Also, maybe add more then 3 strikes in the beginning, and to slow down the rate of ships appearing just a bit. The reason Im adding all these tips for the beginning of the level is because first impressions are really important.

Another cool thing would be to add some features that allows you to blow up asteroids that are in the way, lets say after every 15-25 ships you get landed. Of course, to make the difficulty harder, you could add in flying asteroids.

4. emaddox

emaddox Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2011
    Male
    Great game! I agree with some of the points that the user above me stated in reference to the "!" being color coordinated based on what color ship will be entering the screen.

The art work is beautiful in this game! I really wish more games used this style of art work, its very crisp and clean. Definitely a game worth picking up.

5. Renegadecitizen

Sep 4, 2010
    #5 Renegadecitizen, Mar 29, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2011
    i plan on lots of updates and an ipad version if it sells ok

Some people may ask why do we need another Flight Control clone?

Well I'm a big fan of Flight Control and I wanted to create something very simple for my first game. But I also wanted it to be a little different. So I made obstacles and the three strikes, there's also 40+ ranks and a dynamic sound track. The art is also alot more detailed. The art was done by a girl in the Ukraine. With the game I wanted to draw attention to my story. I feel people should know what challenges I have overcome to make this game. It can be a very inspiring story. You can read more of my story at www.renegadecitizen.com
    especially check out Overcoming the Impossible To understand the challenges I have overcome

About instructions, there is a text welcome screen that explains to draw the path from the craft to the corresponding docking station
    the docking station your supposed to go to highlights
    and its supposed to appeal to line drawing fans
    but i agree about instruction
    its a starting place
    i plan on improving it with updates

6. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    This is a great polished game, definitely worth checking out for fans of Flight Control. The graphics are excellent, really well done. The music is great as well. The line drawing has worked perfectly. The obstacles are a nice touch and make things a lot trickier!

Do I have a complaint? Yes, actually two. One, this game should have come out a lot sooner as it would be in the top games list instead of Flight Control! My only real critique is that I feel like the play field is zoomed in too much. I would love to see the area zoomed out 15% - 25% more.

I agree with having the warning indicators match the ship type. Also, perhaps a different icon for the black hole warning would be good as well. I thought that highlighting the docking ship when drawing for a spaceship was a nice touch. Another interesting concept would be to have the docking ships move around levels, maybe available as an unlock after a certain rank. :)

As it is I would give it a 4.5 star review, however since that isn't possible I will give it 5 when it is released. Bravo, great work!

7. Mfox76

Mfox76 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    #7 Mfox76, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
    Quick take: very nice graphics and aesthetic feel, art is really nice as is sound effects...I don't know if it's a function of my lack of dexterity and skill in games like this but it feels like the degree of difficulty ramps up anlittle too quickly...I found myself getting fairly frustrated a few minutes in...not sure if different difficulty levels are planned?

Other than that's it's a very promissong effort, I do agree with the above poster that a field of view increase of about 25% would be great..

I kept thinking that the game would be great if there were some fun counters to the anomolies and such, perhaps shields , teleporters, dampening fields, lasers etc , defenses ontimers that could help with obstacles and such as well as provide a nice upgrade and tech path to compliment the line drawing aspect? Or does that just go against the genre too much ?

8. Renegadecitizen

Sep 4, 2010
    Great feedback
    I tried to get the right balance for the difficulty
    I wanted to give a satisfying level accomplishment while giving a challenge to fans of line drawing type games
    I myself have a disability, in that i have severe coordination problems
    and so i built it with in mind that i would be the lowest denominator
    i could get 5-10 on my first try and 20 with practice
    and so to make the gameplay satisfying for lower scores like mine
    i made lots of achievements for scores of 5-15
    and for skilled veterans there are 40 ranks that go up to 210
    with the exception of saturn i felt the game was very approachable
    while not alienating veterans

as for upgrades it would be tricky to pull off right
    would you do it mario kart style - where u direct ur craft over an upgrade
    or you could draw a triple loop and you would have so many seconds of sheild or something
    that could work

i'll think about it
    i hope the launch goes ok
    Make sure you tell people about it
    the more people that buy it the more motivation i have to update it

9. Renegadecitizen

Sep 4, 2010
  10. Renegadecitizen

Sep 4, 2010
    im all out of promo codes sorry