Gof2 and money making...

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Rain1dog, Nov 4, 2012.

1. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I'm new to the game and so far I've found that mining void crystals to be the best way of earning cash.... But it's going to take a long long time to get a few mill... Any better way of making cash?

2. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    I started off by mining..then somehow veered off the story and just explored randomly. I tried fully exploring one system at a time and kept doing jobs within a system. Pick missions you're comfortable with and pick the right ship and weapon that fits your style. I tend to like fast maneuverable ships. I like long range, slow firing sniper weapons for my playing style. Also, eventually when you have enough money, it's not a bad idea to hire mercenaries for missions you have trouble with. I finally was able to beat this one difficult planet with the help of 3 wingmen.

I finally beat the game 1-2 days ago after ~15 hours. Most of those hours were just messing around...but I ended up with the most expensive ship I found so far. I think at one point I had 3-4 million saved up.

3. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    Thank you. Very immersive game so far very well done. Thank you for your time and well thought out reply. I'm guessing the add on packs r worth it?

4. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Oops..shoulda clarified I beat only the main story. Probably gonna take a break and work on my other backlog of games before starting the Valkarie expansion. :D