Universal EPOCH.2 (by Uppercut Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Is arena mode going to be the same as it was in epoch 1?

I wish there was some sort of unlockable for beating hardcore mode. As it stands, I'm probably not going to be playing it, since I haven't even been able to finish the regular mode with all the stars.

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Woah! Update! :D

3. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    And its a real good one.
    I've a feeling you might just enjoy hardcore mode a lot.

Also, its nice to hear Arena is still being worked on, thanks for that info UppercutRyan.
    On a side note, is cloud save or some form of synching coming up?
    Unless I've missed something and it is there (?), but for me personally it's pretty important to have a cloud sync of some form because of a mix and match of devices a lot but its some thing I haven't seen yet on this one.

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I dont think Uppercut got icloud saving to work as they intend it to (which is unknown to us), so i dont think icloud integration will come anytime soon. I do agree though that icloud is pretty important here. I have completed the first EPOCH in 3 different devices, all started from scratch, and i only play endless modes on the 4s coz that's where i have the highest level robot. Wouldve been nice to have icloud really.

Anyways, i've picked the game up again and im really liking the new multi-targetting weapon. Love the missile trail lines, the triple targetting, and the high damage on single target firing. I'm not sure how i feel about its looks though, but it's pretty unique and in some ways looking pretty badass too, but there are times i think it feels ridic.

For the new armors, pretty nice. Too bad there isnt a +exp armor though, as that's always been my armor of choice in the long run since you'll max out on the items later and the excess money just goes into bragging rights and not really affect the game anymore.

Oh yeah, and im about to start a new game on permadeath mode... Wish me luck! ;)

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    5 missions in so far, and im feeling great about Hardcore mode. Not too difficult yet, but the condition of permadeath keeps me on my toes even on the normal story mode. Good stuff! Cant wait to start in iron mode soon!

And im really looking forward to the Arena mode in a later update! ;)

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Argh... Ran out of time against triple snipers in timed mode. Was using only a tier-2 multimissile so i guess i wasnt doing enough fast damage.

Im going to try Hardcore mode again... :D

7. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    This is currently the free game of the month on ign.com

8. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    You play on the 4S? If you do (seems like it) does the graphics seem lower than the original game? I did reboot and it seems like it but I'm not too sure.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Nope... Playing on the iPad Air. Havent tried Epoch.2 on the 4S, but i do play the first Epoch on the 4S still.

10. EPOCH 2 is IGN’s Free Game of the Month for April 2014

Uppercut Games has partnered with IGN to offer EPOCH 2 as their Free Game of the Month.

[​IMG]

The free codes can be obtained exclusively through IGN's website. (link below) Codes are available on a first come, first serve basis.

http://au.ign.com/prime/promo/epoch-2

11. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Used to play with 'em way back when...remember thier first show /useless info

12. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Just played both and Epoch 2 graphics are very much inferior in graphics compared to Epoch 1. The textures are pretty muddy and and the polygons are fairly visible. The colors seem more vibrant on the first one. Seems odd that they would lower the graphics on the 4S despite the fact the first one played incredibly smooth with better graphics.

13. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    You try deleting then reinstalling?but I think it's not that the problem,I was play Epoch on my old iPhone 4,and it was super smooth,then I play on my iPhone 5 and the graphics was from another planet, now Epoch 2 on iPhone 5 had really good graphic,and it's super smooth,but some graphic effects,for the fact that use the latest UE3 as seen in infinity blade 3,are only for A7 devices..

14. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    Yes I did reinstall and rebooted the device but the graphic are still pretty mediocre compared to the first game. At least the gameplay is smooth. If I'm correct, the A5 and A6 both initiate the highest graphic option for the first game, since Epoch 1 was one of the many games showing the capabilities of the A5 SOC like what Infinity Blade 2 was for A5 devices.

15. UppercutRyan

UppercutRyan Member

Nov 12, 2011
    EPOCH.2 just has more stuff going on. More stuff means less frame time for fancy rendering features, which means we couldn't turn on all the fancy rendering features that EPOCH has on the 4S for EPOCH.2

16. RoboWarrior

Oct 3, 2012
    I understand lowering the effects but there were a lot of effects and low textures similar to 3GS textures on Epoch 1. The game was definitely not "retina" in other words. Was this intentional? I would at least like the graphics to be at the original game level or higher. It becomes hard to read text on a retina display that isn't "retina" content. But kudos for making a fantastic sequel, it definitely seems more fun and action-packed. :D

17. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ok I've been having a pretty smooth sailing until I hit the sniper guys who keep teleporting and doing a butt ton of damage. What's the trick to not losing a bunch of health to them?

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Get to one side, show yourself for a split second, and then hide and transfer to the other side. That'll give you time to fire a few shots before you need to duck into cover again. Better yet, use slow to increase your damage output. ;)

Snipers are awesome coz they force you to change tactics into a more defensive one.

Try the poison weapons. They work well against snipers coz of the damage over time even while you are in cover.

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    Use the booster that slows time, and acid attacks that deal damage over time. The time slow will let you get shots off, the acid makes those shots much more efficient.

20. zergslayer69

zergslayer69 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Thanks guys, acid weapon did the trick